Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. Twins September 5, 2020 Game 37

kalinecountry

Detroit Lions
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Boston Celtics
Tigers Confirmed Lineup:
CF Victor Reyes S
2B J. Schoop R
DH M. Cabrera R
1B J. Candelario S
SS Willi Castro S
RF J. Bonifacio R
LF C. Stewart L
C A. Romine R
3B I. Paredes R
P Tarik Skubal L

Twins Confirmed Lineup:
SS J. Polanco S
3B J. Donaldson R
DH Nelson Cruz R
RF Brent Rooker R
1B Miguel Sano R
LF E. Rosario L
CF Byron Buxton R
2B M. Gonzalez S
C Ryan Jeffers R
P Kenta Maeda R

https://www.mlb.com/gameday/tigers-...1264#game_state=preview,game_tab=,game=631264
Gameday.

Skubal looks great tonight. This is our future. Now we need some quality hitters.

Last edited:
Thats the Miggy i want to remember.

Knocks the pitcher out too!

Stewart needs to be sent down. He has failed so many times with runners in scoring position. He has to get that run in from third.

Romine doesn't even put the ball in freaking play. Just horrible. Need a pick up from someone.

Last edited:
Parades now batting under. 190. So frustrating with a chance to break the game wide open and we gag.

Miguel Cabrera extends his hitting streak to 12 games with a single in the 7th inning. The streak is the longest for Cabrera since a 13-game streak from May 13-26, 2015.
The hit is also the 2,849th of Cabrera's career, breaking a tie with Brooks Robinson for 48th in MLB history. Next up is Harold Baines with 2,866 hits.

With his outing tonight, Tarik Skubal became the 9th SP in Tigers history to throw 6.0-or-more IP, while allowing 1 run-or-fewer on 2-or-fewer hits in 1 of his first 4 career starts (last, Drew Smyly, 4/28/2012 at NYY).

Hell
Even Cisnero cant throw strikes as the closer. I just don’t get our closers trying to nibble

5 balls 1 strike so far.

Bottom of the 9th.

Bb
Single off Cisnero
K
1-2 count to Sano. Single
Because we have the dumbest staff in baseball

Last edited:
Tigers just have zero luck. Double play ball goes off Cisnero.
Man this sucks.

Hitters in the 7th cost us runs again with bases loaded no outs . Why is Stewart still playing?

Last edited:
Petry jinx the closer again just like last night with Soto. So frustrating we can’t win these games when we get decent pitching.

Last edited:
Count was 1-2 to free swing Sano and we don’t waste a pitch I think.

Why was our shortstop so fucking deep Wtf runners were in 2nd and 3rd.

Well Cisnero isn’t the answer either I guess. Fucking walks the first batter. Throws a 1-2 meat pitch to Sano. Fuck I hate losing these games we should be winning

4 straight losses and counting since Jones got HBP and ILed for season...and their record is 6-13 since Cron was ILed for the season.

Just fucking tank for a top 5 draft pick, but they might suck enough but win enough to pick 10th or so.

Last edited:
Why is Stewart and Bonifaco still getting at bats, and looks like Tiger hitting coaches have their mitts into Parades.

By the way they could have walked Buxton a .238 hitter in speedy Buxton and pitched to the next hitter Gonzales who was batting only .218. It’s small percentage points but you put a force on everywhere and take his speed off the table. Again with runners on 2nd and 3rd why was our Ss so deep with the fastest player batting?

Stewart .184
Bonificio .188
Parades ..194

Last edited:
So damn tired of our closers not throwing strikes. It gets old.

4 straight losses and counting since Jones got HBP and ILed for season...and their record is 6-13 since Cron was ILed for the season.

Just fucking tank for a top 5 draft pick, but they might suck enough but win enough to pick 10th or so.

I thought we were 9-5 when he when down ? There is 2 wins I can?t figure out because I?m pissed.

Cron gets hurt tigers go 0-9
Jones gets hurt tigers go 0-4.

Tigers just need to send a message to these hitters. Send Stewart done for Greene tonight. I really don?t care for either Demerrtee or Bonifico, and Stewart.

Back