Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. yankees ALDS Game 5 Thread Oct. 6

kalinecountry

Detroit Lions
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Boston Celtics
Tigers lineup :
Jackson CF
Kelly 3B
Young LF
Cabrera 1B
Martinez DH
Ordonez RF
Avila C
Peralta SS
Santiago 2B
Fister P

http://scores.espn.go.com/mlb/preview?gameId=311006110&teams=detroit-tigers-vs-new-york-yankees
Tigers vs. yankees ALDS Game 5 Preview.
from espn

http://espn.go.com/mlb/player/batvspitch/_/id/30370/doug-fister
Fister vs. yankees.
from espn

http://espn.go.com/mlb/player/batvspitch/_/id/30400/ivan-nova
Tigers hitters vs. nova.
from espn

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index.jsp?gid=2011_10_06_detmlb_nyamlb_1&mode=gameday&c_id=det
Gameday from mlb.com

http://scores.espn.go.com/mlb/boxscore?gameId=311006110&teams=detroit-tigers-vs-new-york-yankees
Boxscore from espn

ALDS Game 5: Tigers at Yankees
Considering Jim Leyland answered many of the questions about his lineup in his press conference yesterday, there wasn

sounds good to me, but Jackson has to be the key to this lineup tonight, we can't have a 0-4 from him.

Going to be at the bowling alley for leagues. At least they have a nice big screen to watch there. Don't think there will be too many people worried about their bowling scores tonight.

Last time the Tigers lost two in a row: Aug. 28 and 29. (11-4 to MIN and 9-5 to KC).
Last time the Tigers lost 2 in a row to same team: at Cleveland, Aug. 9 and 10.

game 5 of the ALDS and Don Kelly with his 3 playoff singles and career OPS+ of 74 is batting 2nd.

i hate leyland.

Spockmaster said:
game 5 of the ALDS and Don Kelly with his 3 playoff singles and career OPS+ of 74 is batting 2nd.

i hate leyland.

Who do you want batting second? Maybe Magglio but he is pretty slow. Unlike Alex Kelly at least has a few hits... It moves Magglio down and maybe protects Alex a bit. The fact is we are not hitting very good at all. So you would rather have Santiago batting second and Kelly batting 9th? Look we are really missing Boesch right now... His LHB would be handy in yankee stadium but alas he is hurt...

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]
Spockmaster said:

i hate leyland.

Who do you want batting second? Maybe Magglio but he is pretty slow. Unlike Alex Kelly at least has a few hits... It moves Magglio down and maybe protects Alex a bit. The fact is we are not hitting very good at all. So you would rather have Santiago batting second and Kelly batting 9th? Look we are really missing Boesch right now... His LHB would be handy in yankee stadium but alas he is hurt...
Magglio. If he's gonna play today, he should be 2nd. He was hot going into the playoffs but still doesnt have much power, so he can get on base.

Kelly just sucks. Santiago would also be better in the 2 hole, except that Leyland is really dumb and would probably make him bunt in every at-bat.

tycobb420 said:
I am pulling out the big guns. Tigers were undefeated when I played this b4 a game in 2006...of course Kenny Rogers is gone...but still

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q2mFiN7GIc&feature=related

Nice but for Fister tonight -- Fist of Fury

[flash=350,287:s0saldf9]http://www.youtube.com/v/VxwZtIh_p9U&hl=en&fs=1[/flash:s0saldf9]
</td><td valign="top">
<html><head><title>Banner</title><style>html, body {margin:0;padding:0;}</style></head>
<body>
<script type="text/javascript">
var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");
var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);
if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)
{
if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)
document.write('+']');
else
document.write('+']');
}
else
{
document.write('');
}
</script>
<noscript>

</noscript>

</body>
</html>

</td></tr></table>

Biggest key to the game is getting their bottom half guys out for once. Posada, Gardner and Martin have killed us. Were lucky the top half sucked last game or else it woulda been 20-1.

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]
Spockmaster said:

i hate leyland.

One game.

That's what it all comes down to.

One game decides the season.

And Leyland bats the worst hitters 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 6th, and 9th.

Cabrera is a HOF hitter.

The batters OBP in front of him are .311, .317, .291, and .298.

Sure, they all could have a good game. But that's beside the point. A managers job is to put his team in the best position to win, and doing everything you can to set up Miguel Cabrera to bat with nobody on base is ludicrous.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Been like that all year bro. Why would he change now.
he should've changed a long time ago, but why NOT change now? only reason i can think of is that he's old, ignorant and stubborn.

Spockmaster said:
[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Been like that all year bro. Why would he change now.
he should've changed a long time ago, but why NOT change now? only reason i can think of is that he's old, ignorant and stubborn.

I don't like it anymore than the rest of you but after a seasons worth, its too late for him to change. It just is.

I dont like inge at all, but i think game 5 i would rather have inge in the lineup then kelly. Inge has been ok with the bat lately

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
Spockmaster said:

I don't like it anymore than the rest of you but after a seasons worth, its too late for him to change. It just is.

and whatever happens tonight, win and continue to the ALCS or World Series or lose and wait for 2012, it will continue next year too.

[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]
[quote="Mitch":0spj608y]

and whatever happens tonight, win and continue to the ALCS or World Series or lose and wait for 2012, it will continue next year too.[/quote:0spj608y]
its just so damn frustrating. he's such a good player and clubhouse manager but such an abysmal game manager.

Spockmaster said:
[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]

and whatever happens tonight, win and continue to the ALCS or World Series or lose and wait for 2012, it will continue next year too.
its just so damn frustrating. he's such a good player and clubhouse manager but such an abysmal game manager.

I know man, just have some adult beverages and an aspirin bottle nearby.

Back