Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. yankees ALDS Game 5 Thread Oct. 6

Spockmaster said:
[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]

Who do you want batting second? Maybe Magglio but he is pretty slow. Unlike Alex Kelly at least has a few hits... It moves Magglio down and maybe protects Alex a bit. The fact is we are not hitting very good at all. So you would rather have Santiago batting second and Kelly batting 9th? Look we are really missing Boesch right now... His LHB would be handy in yankee stadium but alas he is hurt...
Magglio. If he's gonna play today, he should be 2nd. He was hot going into the playoffs but still doesnt have much power, so he can get on base.

Kelly just sucks. Santiago would also be better in the 2 hole, except that Leyland is really dumb and would probably make him bunt in every at-bat.

Magglio would clog the base paths.. Need someone with decent speed...kelly or santiago

Face it we really need our bat's to get going or its curtains and we all know this so everyone needs to stop bitching and concentrate...LOL :)
Get all your Tiger whammy's out and get them by your tv,Radio, or Computer.. Get your shirts, your hats, your bats, Your Jerseys, your sock's off and everything you can think of and it will all hopefully lead us to victory tonight... I am so jacked up a need some beer... i think...

Shit, still almost 30 min until 1st pitch. I just went for a job to pass time and to try to get rid of some nervous energy. I guess I should have just started drinking instead. Oh well, better late than never.

Kelly second.....awesome.

Just out of curiosity is there any rule against self promotion here KC?

mjsb2 said:
MI_Thumb said:
Normally I would not want Kelly hitting lower then 7th, but he's hot right now...and a speedy devil, something Maggs is not.

Maggs in the top 3 almost always ends with him getting on base, then then getting doubled off second easily on a ground ball, he's not even fast enough for a takeout slide to try to protect the 3 hitter running to first.

There really is not much of an argument to be made for Maggs over Kelly there.

Santiago would be more optimal, assuming he has a better game than last time, but only because he usually does not suck at sacrificing.

Jhonny - no way.
Alex - nope.

If we lose I may be pissed, but it won't be because of the lineup.

Yes there is.

Maggs is a better hitter, and the 2nd spot is more important.

As for speed, it's more valuable lower in the order.

Well that's your opinion, and you're entitled to it.

But I stand by mine, and this game won't hinge on the #2 hitter anyhow.

If we lose it will be because the pitching or defense breaks down, or our big hitters fail to contribute/ or get shut down by Nova.

mjsb2 said:
[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Been like that all year bro. Why would he change now.

I knew Jackson would be leadoff and Young would bat 3rd.

Don Kelly sucks.

He should not start a playoff game for any team.

Batting him 2nd is inexcusable.

I'm going to write a scathing letter to Leyland for Starting Kelly.

Back