Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Today's example of Christians behaving badly

The Libdem Chicoms want you to think he was dragged from the Mass for storming up to the altar and trying to fight the Priest...

...but those of us IN THE KNOW understand it was because this Patriot refused to kow tow to tyranny and wear a mask.

WAKE UP

The Libdem Chicoms want you to think he was dragged from the Mass for storming up to the altar and trying to fight the Priest...

...but those of us IN THE KNOW understand it was because this Patriot refused to kow tow to tyranny and wear a mask.

WAKE UP

For a lawyer, you sure make a lot of assumptions without basis. A cursory amount of research on available information reveals that this guy was not there to defy a mask mandate.

For a lawyer, you sure make a lot of assumptions without basis. A cursory amount of research on available information reveals that this guy was not there to defy a mask mandate.

*sigh*

just commenting on the disconnect between the tweet tigermudd linked to: "REPORT: Maskless worshipper dragged from church by masked-up congregation."

...and the reality of what appears to have transpired

*sigh*

just commenting on the disconnect between the tweet tigermudd linked to: "REPORT: Maskless worshipper dragged from church by masked-up congregation."

It appears that the guy has a young son that goes to school there...

"The church began having problems with a parishioner whose son attended school there. He began acting irrationally and creating disturbances"

Perhaps the kid's dad thought his son was molested...or the priest was one that got "relocated". There are all kinds of possibilities.

*sigh*

I can?t account for the lack of understanding that the person has on twitter in regards to the intruder?s disregard for the Mass, which is the central point here. And I can?t read minds, or maybe I?m insensitive to this level of subtext.

The guy who invaded the sanctuary got off light, IMO.

it appears that the guy has a young son that goes to school there...

"the church began having problems with a parishioner whose son attended school there. He began acting irrationally and creating disturbances"

perhaps the kid's dad thought his son was molested...or the priest was one that got "relocated". There are all kinds of possibilities.

omg..

The plot thickens!

So I guess the Pope to ld J?Biden to just go ahead and continue taking the communion.

Who is the Cardinal of America, and does he have veto power over the Pope regarding what happens on United States soil?

So I guess the Pope to ld J?Biden to just go ahead and continue taking the communion.

Who is the Cardinal of America, and does he have veto power over the Pope regarding what happens on United States soil?

There is no Cardinal of America. There are Cardinals throughout America. Any Bishop can determine whether or not a public figure who is in public opposition with Church teachings will be offered Holy Communion.

This current pope continues to disappoint on this fundamental topic of abortion. And this president, by supporting abortion, is not in a state of grace, according to Church teaching.

From the Catechism:

Since the first century the Church has affirmed the moral evil of every procured abortion.
This teaching has not changed and remains unchangeable.
Direct abortion, that is to say, abortion willed either as an end or a means, is gravely contrary to the moral law.​

Formal cooperation in an abortion constitutes a grave offense.
The Church attaches the canonical penalty of excommunication to this crime against human life.​

The inalienable right to life of every innocent human individual is a constitutive element of a civil society and its legislation:

"The inalienable rights of the person must be recognized and respected by civil society and the political authority.
These human rights depend neither on single individuals nor on parents; nor do they represent a concession made by society and the state; they belong to human nature and are inherent in the person by virtue of the creative act from which the person took his origin.
Among such fundamental rights one should mention in this regard every human being's right to life and physical integrity from the moment of conception until death."79

"The moment a positive law deprives a category of human beings of the protection which civil legislation ought to accord them, the state is denying the equality of all before the law.'​

I daresay that Pope Francis is in grave error in permitting president Biden to receive Communion.

Maybe the Pope understands that the abortion issue is really just a political football, and the wealthy who fund the media coverage and PR over such issues know their wives, daughters, (and mistresses and whores) will always be able to get - and are getting - abortions, and so for them to sit there in the front pew every Sunday, and have the local scholarship to the Catholic school, or science wing, or new gym named after them and claim to oppose abortion is the height of hypocrisy, so the Pope is sitting up there in Rome saying (in so many words) "You know what? You're all full of shit anyway, and if he wants communion, let him have communion."

this should probably be under the Christians behaving well thread. or maybe we need a third thread, "Christians behaving morally neutral"

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait, what?

There?s no Cardinal of America?
Maybe that?s what the problem is.

whoa hold on.

back in the middle ages, this sort of thing caused endless disputes and quite a bit of bloodshed.

in the end, catholics all over Europe conceded the Pope should just be in Rome, and everyone else (the French, Austrians, Southern Germans, and Spanish) needed to chill. And the British, Dutch, Northern Germans & Vikings were going to do their own thing, and there was no point in killing eachother over it... especially once everyone realized there were plenty of people who weren't Christian - and not strong or organized enough to defend themselves - in The Americas, Africa, and Asia that they could go plunder, rape, murder, and enslave instead.

There was no America in the Middle Ages.

Maybe you?re thinking of middle earth.

Who is the cardinal of middle earth, anyway?

whoa hold on.

back in the middle ages, this sort of thing caused endless disputes and quite a bit of bloodshed.

in the end, catholics all over Europe conceded the Pope should just be in Rome, and everyone else (the French, Austrians, Southern Germans, and Spanish) needed to chill. And the British, Dutch, Northern Germans & Vikings were going to do their own thing, and there was no point in killing eachother over it... especially once everyone realized there were plenty of people who weren't Christian - and not strong or organized enough to defend themselves - in The Americas, Africa, and Asia that they could go plunder, rape, murder, and enslave instead.

I guess I left out an important part about the deal: in exchange for staying in Rome, the Pope quietly agreed to stop excommunicating Kings, Barons, and Dukes if he didn't like what they were doing, and since he didn't have much of an army on his own, stop calling crusades against them, and limit himself to sending sternly-worded letters.

There was no America in the Middle Ages.

Maybe you?re thinking of middle earth.

Who is the cardinal of middle earth, anyway?

I ... well... no. But the analogy is there.

unless you believe America would've been different in the middle ages, or middle earth. I don't anymore.

Makes zero sense have that position in the Church. Some Cardinals also lead large U.S. dioceses. Others are in the Roman Curia. Some are in the College of Cardinals. Some are in both. Some are in neither.

I have to thank you ? you have made my day. You have given me the best laugh anyone has given me in a long time; except for the laughs I give myself from all the crazy crap I come up with. For example, like the cardinal of America.

You actually believed I thought there was such a thing? Ha ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha seriously I?m voice recognition texting the laughter is real.

I know what the College of Cardinals is ? they choose the pope every time one dies. I know what an arch diocese is, right here in the archdiocese of Los Angeles we had a cardinal Mahoney, who left in disgrace because it was found out that he was giving Cardinal Law a run for his money in the priest pedophile protection pageant.

I see that I have become way way too kid gloves in the irreverence department around here.

So thanks again. But - the cardinal of middle earth ? that is a real thing right?

^^^^^ I couldn?t possibly have any idea of what you know and do not know about the Catholic Church. I know that it is the repository of the only Truth that matters, and it alone is the steward of souls. On this All Souls? Day, I will pray for the sanctity of yours and everyone?s who post here. ^^^^^

-30-

^^^^^ I couldn?t possibly have any idea of what you know and do not know about the Catholic Church. I know that it is the repository of the only Truth that matters, and it alone is the steward of souls. On this All Souls? Day, I will pray for the sanctity of yours and everyone?s who post here. ^^^^^

-30-

I wonder what the Christian god thought when he started getting prayer requests for message board posters. Was he like "internet? Detroit Sports Forum? WTH is all that?"

Back