Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Trade Deadline

michiganalex

a couple of years ago, if some of you recall, on the ESPN Tiger board I called the doug fister trade with seattle and a year later i did have an odd feeling about fielder. this year I am going go make another call.

as we all know the 3 biggest needs on this team are LF, RP and maybe a #5 Starter. But I am going to make a call regarding 2B. Infante has been a godsend the last few years. but I've heard a few on the espn tiger board saying that could be a spot to fill. so I am calling for detroit to make a trade for Chase Utley of the Phillies. I dont know what it would take to make it happen but i feel in my gut that this can happen.

go ahead mock me

I am all for a half year rental. I imagine it might take Alvarez, Castellanos and Infante. Just a gut feeling.

who invited that moron over here? I was hoping he would just go away when the ESPN board died!

My comment or inviting him over here?

Now really, what do you think.

I don't have a problem with anyone here, and I don't want to be forced into having a problem with anyone here.
Everyone from espn or any other Tigers message board site should be welcomed here.

Now really, what do you think.

I don't have a problem with anyone here, and I don't want to be forced into having a problem with anyone here.
Everyone from espn or any other Tigers message board site should be welcomed here.

OK....I'll try and be nice!

I would worry about Utley's health issues. He hasn't played a full season since 2009.

Plus he'll be a FA in 2014, so long term he's not the kind of solution we should be after considering what it would take to get him.

a couple of years ago, if some of you recall, on the ESPN Tiger board I called the doug fister trade with seattle and a year later i did have an odd feeling about fielder. this year I am going go make another call.

as we all know the 3 biggest needs on this team are LF, RP and maybe a #5 Starter. But I am going to make a call regarding 2B. Infante has been a godsend the last few years. but I've heard a few on the espn tiger board saying that could be a spot to fill. so I am calling for detroit to make a trade for Chase Utley of the Phillies. I dont know what it would take to make it happen but i feel in my gut that this can happen.

go ahead mock me

So the biggest needs are there and the Tigers will not address them, and trade Infante for another 2b. (Never knew any team "needed" a #5 starter). Every team has needs. If the best players play their best, the "needs" won't matter.

Why on earth would we trade for Utley when we have Infante? And only for the same amount of time. That is ridiculous. And Infante has been a godsend for the "last few years.." ? We've had him back for not even a year. Shows how much you actually pay attention. If you think this trade will even be considered, then I'd get your head checked. I worry for you.

Don't need him. He's over-rated and can't stay on the field. Infante is better.

Milwaukee is probably our best fit in terms of players we need, but who knows what DD will end up pulling off.

I dont think they would go for Utley. Not since Infante is playing so well. I also dont believe Utley would cost Alverez, Nick, and Infante. Infante and one of them maybe. And why do people keep saying we need a 5th starter? I havent seen anything wrong with Porcello. He has had a couple of bad starts but so has everyone else. People need to realize that Porcello is good enough to be the second starter on a lot of MLB teams.

No problem with Utley but at 34 I would hate to give up a Nick C. for example. A rental for some guys are okay but not our top prospect. Nick C. might turn out to be garbage and if Utley was 28-29 no problem. But not at 34.

I dont think they would go for Utley. Not since Infante is playing so well. I also dont believe Utley would cost Alverez, Nick, and Infante. Infante and one of them maybe. And why do people keep saying we need a 5th starter? I havent seen anything wrong with Porcello. He has had a couple of bad starts but so has everyone else. People need to realize that Porcello is good enough to be the second starter on a lot of MLB teams.

No way the Phillies trade away a guy who's been the face of their franchise, to get someone under contract for the same amount of time and only 1 minor league prospect.

If they were going to trade Utley, which I find doubtful, they would want a pretty steep price for him.

I would hope it isn't Utley just mainly for 1. the money, and 2. the amount and quality of players returned to philly.

The only problem as I see it would be if Infante has the type of ankle problem Magglio had with his ankle, unable to push off it or run or cut either side in the field.
Then the Tigers have a problem, and start looking for help.

I think the priority for the trade deadline is this:

BP arm or arms! Maybe a proven closer or another 8th inning type guy.

I think F-Rod from the Brewers would be an option.

Back