Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Trade Deadline

You can generally get a short reliever after August 1

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

An ex-Tiger like Burke Badenhop could improve the team and would also be low cost pickup. Jarrjens or Bonderman could also be called up and used as late inning relievers. Aside from getting a full time LFer, or getting long term solutions for SS or 2B, I don't really think they need to do much this year. It is the offseason they will need to address things with LF, SS or 2B.

Kind of expecting a post game trade. something minor, not a major deal after todays game.

I wouldn't mind Headley and gregerson or Thayer/thatcher in a deal if we could get a way with not giving up Nick C. But I do agree I don't think we need to make a move this season wait to fill our needs this offseason.... Jurrjens and Bonderman in the bullpen could solidify it I'm not saying they are great but Bonderman hasn't looked too bad a Triple A out of the pen he definitely ain't a starter no more..... And as for the comment of Cabrera being a all-star doesn't really mean he would cost us Nick C. It just mean the fans voted for him and/or the fact he was the San Diego rep not sure how many reps they had in the game this year but I do believe he is a bit overrated....as for the Game today I can't believe they threw MIGGY out of the game it's not like he was having a temper and the bases were juiced and you eject the best player in the game come on....

Look around the league there sure has been a lot of RP being traded so far..everyone wants to shore up their BP.

was at the Mud Hens game tonight. Asvail Garcia got pulled in the 7th or 8th inning (not sure when but it was announced in the 8th). Could he have been tradede?

was at the Mud Hens game tonight. Asvail Garcia got pulled in the 7th or 8th inning (not sure when but it was announced in the 8th). Could he have been tradede?

nobody's sure yet, according to the toledo media on twitter there were no hugs or anything and he stayed in the dugout to watch the game. noone knows if he was traded, is coming up to the team, or if the mud hens are just fucking with everyone by pulling him for no reason lol

Maybe because they were getting beat, team wasn't doing jack and the manager wanted to get someone else in..

Alex Speier ‏@alexspeier 2m
Sources tell @bradfo & me that Red Sox in advanced talks w/White Sox, Tigers on 3-way deal bringing Peavy to Boston

According to multiple major league sources, the Red Sox are in advanced talks about a three-way deal with the White Sox and Tigers that would bring right-hander Jake Peavy to Boston. While the final shape of the deal is not yet clear, shortstop Jose Iglesias is involved in it. Outfielder Jackie Bradley Jr. is not.

More to come…

Last edited:
Peavy has disappointed this season but why would Detroit help a team they could meet in the playoffs..

Back