Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

wasting the State of Michigan's money

Michchamp

$40,000 for "expert witnesses" (AKA conservative jesus freak charlatans) to testify during trial defending the constitutionality of the state's ban on same-sex marriage. Link.

Testimony the judge threw out as unbelievable (he must've been a liberal activist that judge!). Love to know who got hired and why... great example of the Right-Wing Welfare System at work there, or as some term it "Wingnut Welfare."

$40,000 + the costs of the trial (whatever those will be), passing what everyone should've known was an unconstitutional bill and defending it in court... the morons responsible for it should be tarred and feathered, and dropped off at the Ohio border. Where's the Tea Party when you need them?

Last edited by a moderator:
$40,000 for "expert witnesses" (AKA conservative jesus freak charlatans) to testify during trial defending the constitutionality of the state's ban on same-sex marriage. Link.

Testimony the judge threw out as unbelievable (he must've been a liberal activist that judge!). Love to know who got hired and why... great example of the Right-Wing Welfare System at work there, or as some term it "Wingnut Welfare."

$40,000 + the costs of the trial (whatever those will be), passing what everyone should've known was an unconstitutional bill and defending it in court... the morons responsible for it should be tarred and feathered, and dropped off at the Ohio border. Where's the Tea Party when you need them?

The AG wrote an op-ed in the Freep about how he's just doing his duty in defending the state constitution..... Right.

And our governor still refuses to get involved, claiming that he's more focused on things that matter (ie the economy). He's not an idiot, so I know he doesn't fail to realize that major social issues matter a hell of a lot to young people in this state, including those here at UM now, making their decisions about where to live based partly on these major issues. His non-action clearly undermines his attempts to bring talent into the state, all as a means of pandering to that base, which is hardly a majority in Michigan but somehow holds so much power in our legislature.

Edit: For example, when he spoke on campus last month at Ross, I'd say more than half the questions he fielded from the audience were on social issues/Detroit. People in their early 20's DO care about social issues.

Last edited:
What an ignorant gutless dickless Cunt excuse for a person let alone a man. Has No Shame. GTFOYPOS

National Debt When Jimmy Carter started: $660 billion.

Debt added during Carter's four years: $337 billion

Debt added during Ronald Reagan's eight years: $1.6 trillion

Debt added during George H. W. Bush's four years: $1.6 trillion

Debt added during Bill Clinton's eight years: $1.5 trillion

Debt added during George W. Bush's eight years: $5.2 - $5.7 trillion (mixed numbers).

Debt added to-date Barack Obama: $1.8 - $2.4 trillion (mixed numbers). Includes Bush's ?off the books? War DEBT numbers.

Portion of the $10.5 trillion added to the national debt during the past 32 years that came during Republican presidencies: $8.7 trillion.

Percentage of that $8.7 trillion added during George W. Bush's two terms: 63%.

http://www.cbpp.org/cms/index.cfm?fa=view&id=3036

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/07/23/AR2010072304101.html

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/23/opinion/23krugman.html?ref=paulkrugman&_r=0

If the republicans had just worked in a bipartisan fashion when Obama was elected maybe shit would have gotten done... Nope all republicans want to do is fuel the divide and hate of America.. A battle it looks like they will lose.
Hopefully we will not have to go back to the days of republican reconciliation...

Last edited:
http://www.cbpp.org/cms/index.cfm?fa=view&id=3036

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/07/23/AR2010072304101.html

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/23/opinion/23krugman.html?ref=paulkrugman&_r=0

If the republicans had just worked in a bipartisan fashion when Obama was elected maybe shit would have gotten done... Nope all republicans want to do is fuel the divide and hate of America.. A battle it looks like they will lose.
Hopefully we will not have to go back to the days of republican reconciliation...

the dems had super majority control when obama was elected..they shut the rep out..

Just your credibility. But that was probably shit before the bet.

u dont know me nor do you have any interest in the so called bet.two years and still bringing up a non issue..are u trolling or something? i have any idea just put me on the ignore list, it works great. i have victors on mine, works great

National Debt When Jimmy Carter started: $660 billion.

Debt added during Carter's four years: $337 billion

Debt added during Ronald Reagan's eight years: $1.6 trillion

Debt added during George H. W. Bush's four years: $1.6 trillion

Debt added during Bill Clinton's eight years: $1.5 trillion

Debt added during George W. Bush's eight years: $5.2 - $5.7 trillion (mixed numbers).

Debt added to-date Barack Obama: $1.8 - $2.4 trillion (mixed numbers). Includes Bush's ?off the books? War DEBT numbers.

Portion of the $10.5 trillion added to the national debt during the past 32 years that came during Republican presidencies: $8.7 trillion.

Percentage of that $8.7 trillion added during George W. Bush's two terms: 63%.

lol, obama alone will double the debt in 8 years.

u dont know me nor do you have any interest in the so called bet.two years and still bringing up a non issue..are u trolling or something? i have any idea just put me on the ignore list, it works great. i have victors on mine, works great

We don't know you and none of us want to. Your past actions/trangressions make that a definite.
and...You're a f'n coward. Hiding behind an ignore button so you can't read the truth posted by Victors and other posters of your welching on that bet to elrod.

You have no shame coming back here and thinking the good posters here will forget what you did and your smug/ignorant posts in regards to all from that year ago.

I've never been an internet tough guy, and at my age, my fast twitch muscles are not the same, but if I ever had the opportunity to see you, I would make you feel like you got f'ked up.

Last edited:
We don't know you and none of us want to. Your past actions/trangressions make that a definite.
and...You're a f'n coward. Hiding behind an ignore button so you can't read the truth posted by Victors and other posters of your welching on that bet to elrod.

You have no shame coming back here and thinking the good posters here will forget what you did and your smug/ignorant posts in regards to all from that year ago.

I've never been an internet tough guy, and at my age, my fast twitch muscles are not the same, but if I ever had the opportunity to see you, I would make you feel like you got f'ked up.

i think the ignore button can eliminate conflict on the board.

This is where it might be a good idea to walk away. And KC, you might be the man but you went way overboard.

This is where it might be a good idea to walk away. And KC, you might be the man but you went way overboard.

Yes,
but 'you' have no room to talk, as in the past you have been nothing less than a troll and baiter with many posters on various message boards.

Want to continue here, .....or send me an inbox.

If it bothers you that much pay the bet. Until then me, and others will always call you on it. As far as interest in the bet, everyone on the board has interest in it, you made it public by posting it here, so the results are public.

Ignore me if you want, but it wont stop others from constantly being reminded what a loser bet welsher you are, even if you can't read it.:tup:

If it bothers you that much pay the bet. Until then me, and others will always call you on it. As far as interest in the bet, everyone on the board has interest in it, you made it public by posting it here, so the results are public.

Ignore me if you want, but it wont stop others from constantly being reminded what a loser bet welsher you are, even if you can't read it.:tup:

in that case i will authorize the third party holding the bet to release the funds

Back