Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

WC Playoff Game: Lions @ Seahawks Thread

grandy

Detroit Lions (9-7) @ Seattle Seahawks (10-5-1)

Previews
Pride of Detroit
Yahoo
CBS Sports
ESPN
Field Gulls

Injury Report
Link (from Thursday)

Lions
C Travis Swanson (concussion) - Out (as of late yesterday)
WR Andre Roberts (shoulder) - Questionable
LB DeAndre Levy (knee) - Questionable
T Riley Reiff (hip) - Questionable

Seahawks
RB C.J. Prosise (shoulder) - Out
DT Tony McDaniel (concussion) - Out

Series History
Link
The Lions are 5-8 against the Seahawks
Last Game: 10/5/2015, Seahawks 13 Lions 10
Last Win: 10/28/2012, Lions 28 Seahawks 24
Last Win in Seattle: 9/12/1999, Lions 28 Seahawks 20
Recent Games: The Seahawks have won 4 of the last 5 games

Last Playoff Game: 1/4/2015, Cowboys 24 Lions 20
Last Playoff Win: 1/5/1992, Lions 38 Cowboys 6

Playoffs!? The Lions are in the playoffs?
The Lions are in the Playoffs!

It's been approx 25 years and 2 days since the Lions last won a playoff game

Let's put an end to that horrible streak today at least. can we do that?

The defense has to create a couple turnovers today and Stafford has to be near perfect. We need some big plays today! Can't miss the open guy down the sideline, someone needs to break a tackle, return a kick, etc. Play with some fire and urgency. Open up the play book. Do something and win a game you are not supposed to win. Step up! It would be nice if Tate wanted to still seek revenge on his old team and Marvin Jones pretended it was week 2 or 3.

Lions are 0-5 against playoff teams this year and 0-5 against the spread against those same teams. I was a high school kid during our last playoff victory and now I'm an old man.

The defense has to create a couple turnovers today and Stafford has to be near perfect. We need some big plays today! Can't miss the open guy down the sideline, someone needs to break a tackle, return a kick, etc. Play with some fire and urgency. Open up the play book. Do something and win a game you are not supposed to win. Step up! It would be nice if Tate wanted to still seek revenge on his old team and Marvin Jones pretended it was week 2 or 3.

Lions are 0-5 against playoff teams this year and 0-5 against the spread against those same teams. I was a high school kid during our last playoff victory and now I'm an old man.

Dline also Needs to pretend they're good for 4 qtrs.

Last edited:
I hate picking against my team but I don't see any way for the Lions to win this game. At one point, Seattle will be up 20-0 or 21-3 or something like that. We will crawl back to within a score but Seattle will put it away early in the 4th.

30-17 Seahawks

Hope I'm wrong.

Lions will have chances for turnovers, bet Quinn gets a pick today

Dline also Needs to pretend they're good for 4 qtrs.

And our corners need to turn their heads once in a while and look for the football.

With the noise in that stadium I'm worried about false start penalties on the offense. We can't afford to be in 3rd and long over and over today.

What the hell is PFT's problem with the Lions? First they mention in an article that the Lions didn't beat a playoff team all year. That idea prompts them to write an article and give each playoff teams record against other playoff teams so that they could once again point out that the Lions haven't beaten a playoff team. Then they write an entirely separate article completely dedicated to how the Lions didn't beat a playoff team. Now they have an article about how the Lions are a playoff team and only received two all pro votes. I sure hope all this negative publicity gets the players fired up.

What the hell is PFT's problem with the Lions? First they mention in an article that the Lions didn't beat a playoff team all year. That idea prompts them to write an article and give each playoff teams record against other playoff teams so that they could once again point out that the Lions haven't beaten a playoff team. Then they write an entirely separate article completely dedicated to how the Lions didn't beat a playoff team. Now they have an article about how the Lions are a playoff team and only received two all pro votes. I sure hope all this negative publicity gets the players fired up.

Stafford and the lions do it to themselves. Theres an easy way to stay away from all that negative publicity. Win meaningful games and play well vs good teams. The lions and stafford dont do that....hence we get to see the below stat everytime stafford plays in a meaningful game.

Per ESPN Stats & Info, Matthew Stafford is 1-23 in his career on the road, including playoffs, against teams that finished above .500 -- including 0-4 this season. His only such win came in Week 10 of 2015, at Green Bay.

Neverming consistently beating quality teams.....we NEVER beat quality teams on the road. You just arent a good team when youre 1-23. You are a very very bad team....0 and 4 this year means were just as bad.

Last edited:

Creator of pft is a Vikings fan. SWEEP SWEEP SWEEP

Stafford and the lions do it to themselves. Theres an easy way to stay away from all that negative publicity. Win meaningful games and play well vs good teams. The lions and stafford dont do that....hence we get to see the below stat everytime stafford plays in a meaningful game.

Per ESPN Stats & Info, Matthew Stafford is 1-23 in his career on the road, including playoffs, against teams that finished above .500 -- including 0-4 this season. His only such win came in Week 10 of 2015, at Green Bay.

Neverming consistently beating quality teams.....we NEVER beat quality teams on the road. You just arent a good team when youre 1-23. You are a very very bad team....0 and 4 this year means were just as bad.

1-23 is meaningless. Lions can beat Seattle

Every qb loses on road against winning teams

http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2016/...e-on-the-road-against-winning-teams-narrative

Last edited:

The lions have to earn the right to be respected, they haven't done that for years. Maybe today!

QBs with 5 or more starts, look who's last and the company he keeps.

Maybe he can improve on this record this today.

Brady
Palmer
Brees
Eli
AR
Flacco
Wilson
Romo
Smith
Ryan
CUTLER
Dalton
Rivers
Kaeplernick
SANCHEZ
Luck
Tannehill
Bortles
Carr
Bradford
Stafford
'Every qb had terrible losing records on road against winning teams. I don't even care about 2009, 2010 calvin rule and 2012 games anymore

Lions can beat Seattle. Should. They matchup well against them

Back