Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Well, This is News, I Guess

yes, abortion laws require people to abort babies. that's fair. that's what we're discussing...:nuts:

I don't see the word "require" in any of those definitions. But if you clicked the link, that's literally what some people are calling for - abort your child who may have down syndrome or pay a fine! Again, your emoji game is on today!

Last edited:
Easy for you to say Mitch. I doubt anyone on this board will be effected. Doesn?t mean it?s a wrong decision.

Welcome to the handmaids tail come to life where government using religion have stopped a women from controlling their own body. We have to Deal with Religion yet again interfering with men and now women. All religions are so freaking phony and corrupt using their tax exempt Status to hide behind years of abusing men women and children.

I see you conveniently side step the rape issue like the Religious-right always does. Religion has its own issues and sadly all religions have to much power and sway over ordinary people. Well if this doesn?t get the left out to vote nothing will. Maybe we can stop the party in the minority (the GOP) from always calling the shots and always causing a mess for democrats to fix.

Mitch you have had a right Supreme Court since as long as I can remember and I?m 61. It?s laughable how unqualified the last two justices Trump picked are. Don?t me started on the Gorsuch pick (11 months lol ) then McConnell slams this last chick through in 6 days. I can?t wait for the day we finally get a court that helps ordinary people over corrupt corporate entries and far right state religious actors who use religion in politics to advance their cause.

What does separation of church and state even mean anymore? Hey I wonder if states are now going to teach safe sex and Contraception practices in school so we don?t get any unwanted pregnancies ? Notice my sarcasm as we all know some red states don?t even want to teach proper history only their whitewashed version of it. Well one thing is for sure. Millionaires and billionaires won?t be paying for it. Just another sad day in America history where the minority GOP somehow controls everything.

Gorsuch might have went in as a repub but he certainly isn't one. Swing vote though he seems more liberal. I guess the best you can hope for is that a Judge dies during a lib president. I saw an interview 2006 where Biden said it was a bad thing wade-roe. Same with Ruth Bada - even your go to max lib judge thought it needed to be gone.

You never have an open mind.. Rebub could end unemployment and you'd say bad things about it. I don't side step anything, I'm pro life in all facets.

Pelosi, Steny Hoyer and James Clyburn (i.e. Democratic house leadership) are all backing Henry Cuellar in TX, who is anti-choice, against a primary challenger who is not.

Since the trend in America, as we've seen, is against individual rights, and in favor of unaccountable corporate power and state power (only where the corporations do not want to foot the bill, like policing), I'm sure neither party's leadership wants abortion to be legal (esp. since they know they will continue to have access to it, by virtue of their wealth).

Pelosi, Steny Hoyer and James Clyburn (i.e. Democratic house leadership) are all backing Henry Cuellar in TX, who is anti-choice, against a primary challenger who is not.

Since the trend in America, as we've seen, is against individual rights, and in favor of unaccountable corporate power and state power (only where the corporations do not want to foot the bill, like policing), I'm sure neither party's leadership wants abortion to be legal (esp. since they know they will continue to have access to it, by virtue of their wealth).

The choice is state power, generally voted by the people of said state or by government voted by California or NY.

look at you pretending to care about individual rights when you're clearly in favor of the unaccountable state power and always have been. Remember all those times you and your buddy Vic argued that the State is no less efficient than corporate America? Here's a few reports (link, link, & link that indicate COVID spending waste and fraud was massive, upwards of 50% for some programs

Here's your boy Bill Maher giving a brief summary of the problem...

https://youtu.be/LhhoQbzupug

How many corporations blow half their money on waste and fraud and stay in business forever?!

Apologies Tinsel for cross pollinating?

Last edited:
Gorsuch might have went in as a repub but he certainly isn't one. Swing vote though he seems more liberal. I guess the best you can hope for is that a Judge dies during a lib president. I saw an interview 2006 where Biden said it was a bad thing wade-roe. Same with Ruth Bada - even your go to max lib judge thought it needed to be gone.

You never have an open mind.. Rebub could end unemployment and you'd say bad things about it. I don't side step anything, I'm pro life in all facets.

That?s rich telling me I never have a open mind. I?m not the one telling a Rape victim she has to carry her Rapist child full term. The GOP never has a plan. What was Trumps plan to end unemployment? Yeah let?s give more tax breaks right the ones who don?t need it. Sweet deal.
One party tried to get medical cost down but the other party gutted it. What was his Trumps plan for Covid ? Bleach I think I heard. And yes the court has been a far right court all my life and sadly those last 2 Trump appointments will be with us for a long time. Two completely unqualified judges. I?m for the woman?s right to determine her own choice for her body?s health.

look at you pretending to care about individual rights when you're clearly in favor of the unaccountable state power and always have been. Remember all those times you and your buddy Vic argued that the State is no less efficient than corporate America? Here's a few reports (link, link, & link that indicate COVID spending waste and fraud was massive, upwards of 50% for some programs

Here's your boy Bill Maher giving a brief summary of the problem...

https://youtu.be/LhhoQbzupug

How many corporations blow half their money on waste and fraud and stay in business forever?!

Apologies Tinsel for cross pollinating?

a Government isn't a business...

That?s rich telling me I never have a open mind. I?m not the one telling a Rape victim she has to carry her Rapist child full term. The GOP never has a plan. What was Trumps plan to end unemployment? Yeah let?s give more tax breaks right the ones who don?t need it. Sweet deal.
One party tried to get medical cost down but the other party gutted it. What was his Trumps plan for Covid ? Bleach I think I heard. And yes the court has been a far right court all my life and sadly those last 2 Trump appointments will be with us for a long time. Two completely unqualified judges. I?m for the woman?s right to determine her own choice for her body?s health.

That's not what you call a closed mind its called an opinion.

a Government isn't a business...

Wasn?t there a list Of senators and congressmen from both sides of the aisle that took advantage of these loans ? Both Democrats and Republicans should be ashamed if they Took loans that could have help middle class businesses Didn?t we mention this when it came
Up. Hell didn?t some even use it to aid a political party on both sides. Yet another reason why each candidate should have the same amount. That way we could see who has the better ideas for American and who runs a better more efficient campaign. There is a list somewhere.

Last edited:
Wasn?t there a list Of senators and congressmen from both sides of the aisle that took advantage of these loans ? Both Democrats and Republicans should be ashamed if they Took loans that could have help middle class businesses Didn?t we mention this when it came
Up. Hell didn?t some even use it to aid a political party on both sides. Yet another reason why each candidate should have the same amount. That way we could see who has the better ideas for American and who runs a better more efficient campaign. There is a list somewhere.

Who knows?

If equal money is the answer to a fair playing field in the marketplace of ideas regarding elections, here is a reasonable - as good as any - snapshot of how the money breaks down in California.

Who knows?

If equal money is the answer to a fair playing field in the marketplace of ideas regarding elections, here is a reasonable - as good as any - snapshot of how the money breaks down in California.

It?s ridiculous the amount of money democrats and republicans spend in elections.

I think a bigger problem is that billionaires exist.

when you essentially have enough money to just buy yourself favorable provisions in the tax code, the system is broken. you have an aristocracy

when you essentially have enough money to just buy yourself favorable provisions in the tax code, the system is broken. you have an aristocracy

Its not the billionaires themselves but the law that exists where billionaires can get favorite provisions in the tax code. Can't blame a guy for making money.

Every society ever has been - including and especially the commies.

Aristocracy - rule by the best.

Oligarchy - rule by the few.

Wait, what?

What the fuck does that mean?

And who decides the difference?

Its not the billionaires themselves but the law that exists where billionaires can get favorite provisions in the tax code. Can't blame a guy for making money.

but that's my point... the billionaires are writing the laws! or their lawyers are. (billionaires themselves are competent enough to do that.)

Wait, what?

oligarchy is the word I should have used.

Wait, what?

OK, I?m going to veer back to the subject.

It?s a distinction without a difference.

Who decided the ?difference? ?

Aristotle. When he wrote about it 5000 years ago.

Aristotle named aristocracy after himself, and he named oligarchy after Oligarcal, some Greek kid who Aristotle grew up with who used to bully Aristotle and steal his lunch.

Now Aristotle was the person whom Thomas Aquinas based much of his philosophy upon.

Aquinas was the one who established that Catholic Church doctrine holds that human life begins at quickening, which happens around the end of the first trimester. That was a fundamental tenet in Roe v Wade.

Except Aristotle never established that and the Catholic Church never held that. Back in 1972, the Supreme Court just made that up.

So now voters are going to decide when human life begins, or when it doesn?t.

Back