Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

What Does Bielema's Leaving Say About B1G?

ESPN piling on the B1G because it does not have a 15-year TV deal with it like the SEC does. I wonder if Urban Meyer moving from FL to OSU matters to this writer.

ESPN piling on the B1G because it does not have a 15-year TV deal with it like the SEC does. I wonder if Urban Meyer moving from FL to OSU matters to this writer.

The SEC has a 15 year TV deal with the B1G?

Man, am I out of the loop!

I'm seeing reports that that his exit is an indication and almost an admission that B1G can't compete with SEC. Hogwash, I say. What say you?

SEC has definitely had its run and it may have a few years to go. Alabama will be favored in NCG and it will be seven consecutive for SEC if they bring it home. That's pretty crazy and its why everyone reading this should be pulling for a Notre Dame win. In the matter at hand, Notre Dame is our Midwest brother so get on board, Michigan Man!

I've used the analogy before and its true; the college football pendulum is always swinging. Sometimes slowly, sometimes more quickly. Its true in the case of rivalries, a la OSU-Michigan, and it happens regionally.

Bielema leaving is not a big loss for the B1G. He's going to stink at Arkansas, in my opinion, and can be replaced at Wisconsin. The problem for Wisconsin is that they have to now compete against programs run by the likes Meyer, O'Brien, Hoke and Fitzgerald. Throw Kelly into that mix as well in South Bend. These are the guys that will cause the pendulum to swing.

The SEC has had its run but there is always something lurking, always something around the corner. That's the way it is.

I will not be rooting for ND. Michigan competes head2head with ND for too many recruits. While Michigan competes with Bama for an occasional recruit. Its more rare.

It's about the money, that is all. Arkansas is paying Bielema a lot of money. I don't think he is worth it, and that he will not be able to compete in the SEC wih the likes of Saban, Miles, and Sumlin, etc. Bielema may last three years at Arkansas and then become an analyst for ESPN.

Bulemia does not have the face nor the personality for tv

Anything after John L has to look like gold for Razorback nation.

big had prime deal with espn/abc favored for good tv times

the came btn and changed the dynamic

I'm seeing reports that that his exit is an indication and almost an admission that B1G can't compete with SEC. Hogwash, I say. What say you?

SEC has definitely had its run and it may have a few years to go. Alabama will be favored in NCG and it will be seven consecutive for SEC if they bring it home. That's pretty crazy and its why everyone reading this should be pulling for a Notre Dame win. In the matter at hand, Notre Dame is our Midwest brother so get on board, Michigan Man!

I've used the analogy before and its true; the college football pendulum is always swinging. Sometimes slowly, sometimes more quickly. Its true in the case of rivalries, a la OSU-Michigan, and it happens regionally.

Bielema leaving is not a big loss for the B1G. He's going to stink at Arkansas, in my opinion, and can be replaced at Wisconsin. The problem for Wisconsin is that they have to now compete against programs run by the likes Meyer, O'Brien, Hoke and Fitzgerald. Throw Kelly into that mix as well in South Bend. These are the guys that will cause the pendulum to swing.

The SEC has had its run but there is always something lurking, always something around the corner. That's the way it is.

No. F'ing. Way. I wouldn't root for that piece of shit Catholic university that's halfway between Chicago and Toledo if they were playing Iran for the world championship.

No. F'ing. Way. I wouldn't root for that piece of shit Catholic university that's halfway between Chicago and Toledo if they were playing Iran for the world championship.

right on, buddy

jwlcoh doesn't know what the hell he is talking about, as usual.

Back