Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

What was the thug thing at end i am at a conferenc

johnny2x2x said:
Way to not show Lewan mashing Gholston's helmet into the ground in the video, not that it warranted a punch like that, but Lewan could have very easily gotten 15 yards for his actions before the punch.

Yea I am a diehard Michigan fan, and I agree he would have gotten a penalty had Gholston not retaliated. The retaliation did warrant getting kicked out of the game. Most Michigan fans would probably agree with you if they were not to upset about losing to MSU right now. I personally am upset, but I know 6-1 is much better than the 5-2 or 4-3 most of us expected to be at after the MSU game when the season began. State has a better football team right now give us another year under Hoke and with a little bit of improvement on our defense we will be in the position we need to be to knock around little brother like old times.

brandonlaz said:
johnny2x2x said:
Way to not show Lewan mashing Gholston's helmet into the ground in the video, not that it warranted a punch like that, but Lewan could have very easily gotten 15 yards for his actions before the punch.

Yea I am a diehard Michigan fan, and I agree he would have gotten a penalty had Gholston not retaliated. The retaliation did warrant getting kicked out of the game. Most Michigan fans would probably agree with you if they were not to upset about losing to MSU right now. I personally am upset, but I know 6-1 is much better than the 5-2 or 4-3 most of us expected to be at after the MSU game when the season began. State has a better football team right now give us another year under Hoke and with a little bit of improvement on our defense we will be in the position we need to be to knock around little brother like old times.

He should have been thrown out for the piling on and the helmet twist of robinson's head and helmet. If you watch it full speed you can shrug it off but in slow motion there is intent to injure. He piles on late and then twists DR's helmet... Thug and bush league.. I think one of 5 or 6 personal foul calls called on Thug U. Whatever.. Just like his mentor Rat face Tre$$el Dirty Mark Dantonio with get what is coming to him. Christian my ass.

mlady, you're probably talking about how after the game, instead of the MSU players going to their student section and celebrating with their fans, they went to the visitor's section and were taunting Michigan fans that travelled to the game...

MSUspartan said:
If I was Robinson I would be pissed off and shown it. MSU vs. Michigan is a heated rivalry, hands down.

On campus today or back in Ann Arbor last it's kind of scary walking around with high tension around game time....fights breaking out, verbal exchanges, etc. Really stupid, but it comes from both sides.

"but it comes from both sides." No, it really doesn't. I think your perspective is off. It's not scary walking around Ann Arbor as a Spartan. I know lots of them. None of them feel this way.

Hungry said:
mlady, you're probably talking about how after the game, instead of the MSU players going to their student section and celebrating with their fans, they went to the visitor's section and were taunting Michigan fans that travelled to the game...

Are you serious? They really did that?

theo said:
Hungry said:

I've read this on other boards. I wasn't there, so I don't KNOW it happened. When you read the same thing enough, it rings as a truth, yet I can't PROVE that it happened.

Hungry said:
theo said:

I've read this on other boards. I wasn't there, so I don't KNOW it happened. When you read the same thing enough, it rings as a truth, yet I can't PROVE that it happened.

I hope we hear more about this because wow that says a lot about that team and the program if it's true.

MSUspartan said:
If I was Robinson I would be pissed off and shown it. MSU vs. Michigan is a heated rivalry, hands down.

On campus today or back in Ann Arbor last it's kind of scary walking around with high tension around game time....fights breaking out, verbal exchanges, etc. Really stupid, but it comes from both sides.

no... there are more white trash and ghetto students at MSU. the fighting really starts with them.

lower standards, you know

MSUspartan said:
http://media.mlive.com/grandrapidspress/photo/10150172-standard.jpg

You might enjoy this evidence.

Yeah, that is terrible. I understand it is a rough game and things like that are going to happen on both sides, but what Gholston did is just plain dirty. The fact some MSU fans are trying to justify his play and/or brag about it is classless. If the shoe was on the other foot you all would be saying the same thing.

Your defense played extemely well yesterday, but if Coach Dantonio doesn't susped Gholston I would be shocked.

From last year.. You asked about chop blocks... MSU uses them as part of the play book.

Mike Martin is a beast. Martin left the game late due to an illegal chop block that caused a lower leg injury. However, before that he was making Michigan State center John Stipek look like a statue. Martin repeatedly beat Stipek off the snap and into the A-gap of Martin's choice. Hopefully his injury isn't too serious, because backup nose tackle Adam Patterson isn't very good at all.

MSUspartan said:

You have a link where any Michigan coach was ok with it?

Yeah Gholston was trying to injure Robinson... He should miss 5 games

MSUspartan said:

Come on now, we know UM doesn't play dirty. Just like Lewan last year punching that player in the nuts, he was actually trying to SHAKE HANDS but missed. Remember, MSU was the ONLY team out there doing that stuff, no one from Michigan would EVER do anything dirty. Man you should know this by now.

greenandwhite95 said:
MSUspartan said:

Come on now, we know UM doesn't play dirty. Just like Lewan last year punching that player in the nuts, he was actually trying to SHAKE HANDS but missed. Remember, MSU was the ONLY team out there doing that stuff, no one from Michigan would EVER do anything dirty. Man you should know this by now.
Now you're getting it... I knew you'd come around...

Jever4321 said:
greenandwhite95 said:

LOL, okay Jever. I think I'm wrong about the name of the UM player who punched another in the nuts. I think it was ortman or one of UM's O-lineman either last year or two years ago. At least RR suspended him for one game, I wonder what Dantonio will do ? I'm guessing if t was up to him it would just be a nice heart to heart chat, lol.

I have said on here that I thought what Gholston did was BS and I haven't liked his attitude since he has been here, but I will give him credit for being one of the only players to run over and shake Hoke's hand after the game. Not that it really matters after you try to rip his QB's head off, but hey, at least he is a good bad sport.

greenandwhite95 said:
Jever4321 said:

LOL, okay Jever. I think I'm wrong about the name of the UM player who punched another in the nuts. I think it was ortman or one of UM's O-lineman either last year or two years ago. At least RR suspended him for one game, I wonder what Dantonio will do ? I'm guessing if t was up to him it would just be a nice heart to heart chat, lol.

I have said on here that I thought what Gholston did was BS and I haven't liked his attitude since he has been here, but I will give him credit for being one of the only players to run over and shake Hoke's hand after the game. Not that it really matters after you try to rip his QB's head off, but hey, at least he is a good bad sport.
I guess it's way easier to be a good sport when the scoreboard numbers are in your favor. It's a rivalry game, and this game was just another brick in the wall. The NCAA's oldest trophy is the little brown jug. The story says that UM left after the game in such a hurry that they left the jug behind. If I had to guess, there was NO handshake after that game either. That was a huge rivalry back then, so maybe the no handshake is not a big deal, or maybe it's a bigger deal to fans. IDK.

Back