Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Why Stafford will never be a great QB

In other words, division winning caliber.

We can win with Stafford, never thought differently. But can win and actually winning is two different things. Obviously the last one hasn't happened.

Last edited:
With how much talent stafford apparently needs around him, we are looking for him to be a game manager not a frachise QB. We are way overpaying.

Last edited:
I didnt miss shit, you fn dummy.

Besides, wheres all the love for Dalton all of a sudden? You Stafford bashers had his nutsack hanging off your chins a fn week ago ...lol. You're a joke

I don't love Dalton.....I merely stated that he gets shit for leading his team to the playoffs. And our qb never gets questioned. You don't see any headlines on espn "what do the lions do with Stafford?" Team has performed worse and numbers are the same.

With how much talent stafford apparently needs around him, we are looking for him to be a game manager not a frachise QB. We are way overpaying.
that's a stupid comment... unless it's Tom Brady, ALL QBs need talent around them or they fail. and the best franchise QBs are game managers...

I don't love Dalton.....I merely stated that he gets shit for leading his team to the playoffs. And our qb never gets questioned. You don't see any headlines on espn "what do the lions do with Stafford?" Team has performed worse and numbers are the same.
maybe it's because ESPN is aware of cap numbers and how it would be franchise suicide to get rid of Stafford. something that's clearly lost on you.

the media is completely bashing on Stafford (maybe you just need to open your damn eyes), but nobody is retarded enough to compare the two situations when you factor in everything. oh wait, you are... i stand corrected.

that's a stupid comment... unless it's Tom Brady, ALL QBs need talent around them or they fail. and the best franchise QBs are game managers...

So if you put Peyton manning, Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, etc on this team and you still think we end up at 7-9?

maybe it's because ESPN is aware of cap numbers and how it would be franchise suicide to get rid of Stafford. something that's clearly lost on you.

the media is completely bashing on Stafford (maybe you just need to open your damn eyes), but nobody is retarded enough to compare the two situations when you factor in everything. oh wait, you are... i stand corrected.

We signed him to those cap numbers.

So if you put Peyton manning, Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, etc on this team and you still think we end up at 7-9?
now you're comparing Stafford with the upper elite QBs? lets be realistic about this.

put Newton, Kaep, Wilson, or other very good QBs on this team and yes, i think they could still be 7-9.

now you're comparing Stafford with the upper elite QBs? lets be realistic about this.

put Newton, Kaep, Wilson, or other very good QBs on this team and yes, i think they could still be 7-9.

And pigs "could" fly out of my ass.

We signed him to those cap numbers.

Actually the new deal would have 9 and 7 million cap numbers . We restructured him twice thanks to the old CBA to make short term cap relief. Got us some good players by doing that (Tulloch, Backus in 2012, Hill, Levy), some wasted money too (Avril).

It's actually pretty awesome that despite two restructures Stafford still has very managable cap numbers.

Last edited:
Actually the new deal would have 9 and 7 million cap numbers . We restructured him twice thanks to the old CBA to make short term cap relief. Got us some good players by doing that (Tulloch, Backus in 2012, Hill, Levy), some wasted money too (Avril).

It's actually pretty awesome that despite two restructures Stafford still has very managable cap numbers.

In today's NFL someone would have matched Stafford's offer. Sad but true. You either pay him or draft someone new. So I'm okay with paying him. I'm far from a Stafford hater although I do hate him for torpedoing the season.

So when you said my comment was stupid and ALL QBs besides Brady needs talent around them, ALL did not include the other elite QBs.

I think Stafford had enough talent around him this year, that if he played at and elite level, which he is paid at, we would of made the playoffs.

So when you said my comment was stupid and ALL QBs besides Brady needs talent around them, ALL did not include the other elite QBs.

I think Stafford had enough talent around him this year, that if he played at and elite level, which he is paid at, we would of made the playoffs.

Its an example of lucke being an idiot.

Because its not even remotely the same thing. lol. ESPN knows better ..... you obviously dont

this coming from the biggest dumbfuck around... LOL

you were the one being a dumbfuck and contradicting yourself. I was pointing out fact. Dalton gets a bunch of shit for leading his team to the playoffs. Staff gets to sit in his cushy little position and not take any shit for leading his team to yet another 2nd half collapse vs a bunch of shit teams.

Back