Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Why Stafford will never be a great QB

He would, but at least it appears we now have a solid O-line and hopefully we'll bring in a good coach to work with him.

With a new coach, new OC, new playbook, I would draft a QB somewhere. No point in teaching a new playbook to Hill when he will only be playing for a couple of more years. Let a young guy learn along with Stafford. If Stafford shows he can't get it done hopefully the new guy can step in.

With a new coach, new OC, new playbook, I would draft a QB somewhere. No point in teaching a new playbook to Hill when he will only be playing for a couple of more years. Let a young guy learn along with Stafford. If Stafford shows he can't get it done hopefully the new guy can step in.

I think that's a viable option, but what rounds do you think drafting a QB is ok? I'd be ok drafting one in the 5th round or later.

What about Moore, is he any good?

He just has to be adequate when filling in for short periods.

It's clear the Lions have put all their eggs in the Stafford basket with his contract and Stafford seems to have shaken off all those durability questions from earlier in his career. In a situation like this, a backup QB should never see the field outside of injuries and blowouts.

I think that's a viable option, but what rounds do you think drafting a QB is ok? I'd be ok drafting one in the 5th round or later.

I would take 1 in round 1 if there is an absolute positively no brainer for the system they are going to run. I don't say that because I don't think stafford can get it done but because the QB position is so important. If you take 1 early and stafford steps up great we will still be winning and you can always trade the guy at a later date with new CBA, but if staff fails then we are stuck with nothing when we had a chance to do something about it. I'm not banging a drum for them to take one that early, ideally a 3rd+.

What about Moore, is he any good?

Honestly not a fan, not because of talent or anything but because he is a lefty. The change in ball rotation makes it harder for WR to adjust if Stafford gets injured and Moore has to come in to finish a game. He was brought in under the old regime, i'm sure he will get an honest chance to compete, but I expect the new staff to bring in "their guy" to push Stafford.

having him replace Hill should help us with the cap and just draft a QB in the 7th to replace moore

having him replace Hill should help us with the cap and just draft a QB in the 7th to replace moore

Depends on where they replace him, a 1st would be about the same as Hill, dropping in cost with each round after. Moore will probably follow Linehan as Stanton did with Arians. A PS QB wouldn't be a bad idea, can always use an extra arm for practice.

just another example of how coddled our qb is. andy Dalton leads his team to a division title and throws for 334 yds 1 td 2 ints in a playoff game.....and the headline is "what should the bengals do with andy Dalton." OUr qb does that all year vs inferior shitty competition and all people on here do is make excuses for him. He doesn't have enough weapons...lol that's a joke. Theres snow on the ground? really? My favorite being ....drops!?

just another example of how coddled our qb is. andy Dalton leads his team to a division title and throws for 334 yds 1 td 2 ints in a playoff game.....and the headline is "what should the bengals do with andy Dalton." OUr qb does that all year vs inferior shitty competition and all people on here do is make excuses for him. He doesn't have enough weapons...lol that's a joke. Theres snow on the ground? really? My favorite being ....drops!?

I'm sure if we reached the playoffs 3 years in a row and Staff pulled a Dalton, 1TD, 6INT, and a fumbled the same would be said. In any event Stafford isn't making 3 playoffs in a row..

Dalton is going nowhere and Marvin Lewis is sticking with his guy....lol. Wtf are you yammering about?? Looks like someone was watching the NFLN

And nobody on here is suggesting that Stafford is fine. He needs to work on shit. I'll say this though, Stafford had a dogshit second half and his numbers are similar to Dalton's...lol. I'll take Stafford all day over Dalton.

Oh, and is the 'drops' excuse really really really your favorite one??? Grow the fuck up, dude. Your hatred for Stafford is pathetic. You love to start shit for no reason. We all know he needs to get better, nobody is making excuses but if you think the Lions are loaded on offense, youre fn dreaming.

Last edited:
I'm sure if we reached the playoffs 3 years in a row and Staff pulled a Dalton, 1TD, 6INT, and a fumbled the same would be said. In any event Stafford isn't making 3 playoffs in a row..

And that Cincinnati defense is stellar. Again, people like Hughes crediting the QB for winning the division...lol. What a fn joke!!

And that Cincinnati defense is stellar. Again, people like Hughes crediting the QB for winning the division...lol. What a fn joke!!

Hughes must have missed Dalton throwing 20 ints. That's more than my boy Stafford on less attempts.

Dalton is going nowhere and Marvin Lewis is sticking with his guy....lol. Wtf are you yammering about?? Looks like someone was watching the NFLN

And nobody on here is suggesting that Stafford is fine. He needs to work on shit. I'll say this though, Stafford had a dogshit second half and his numbers are similar to Dalton's...lol. I'll take Stafford all day over Dalton.

Oh, and is the 'drops' excuse really really really your favorite one??? Grow the fuck up, dude. Your hatred for Stafford is pathetic. You love to start shit for no reason. We all know he needs to get better, nobody is making excuses but if you think the Lions are loaded on offense, youre fn dreaming.

the point is our qb has no accountability...ever. but you blew it out of proportion...like always.

the point is our qb has no accountability...ever. but you blew it out of proportion...like always.

I blew it out of proportion?? Oh ok. Dude, you're on here ripping him every chance you get. You compare everything to Stafford. Youre obsessed

ofcourse you missed that Stafford threw 19 .....lol. who the fuck cares how many attempts that's on. a pick is a pick. a turnover is a turnover.

I didnt miss shit, you fn dummy.

Besides, wheres all the love for Dalton all of a sudden? You Stafford bashers had his nutsack hanging off your chins a fn week ago ...lol. You're a joke

ofcourse you missed that Stafford threw 19 .....lol. who the fuck cares how many attempts that's on. a pick is a pick. a turnover is a turnover.

A yard is a yard, a TD is a TD. Who cares about attempts.

Back