Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Why Stafford will never be a great QB

I can find 5 to 7 bad throws a game for Peyton. They won't all be incompletes. I will list them all when done. Not comparing to anyone. Just proving his criteria is crazy that 5-7 bad throws a game you lose franchise status in eyes

Lol just found two bad throws on his first drive of season. One almost picked

Let me know when you get to Stafford's second half vs Arizona since we're digging way back. I'm sure it'll be all the receivers or some nonsense.

But in all seriousness, I'm done taking the bait. You're a pretty good troll, I'll give you that. Even though I have you blocked, sometimes it's morbid curiosity that I click "show post" just to see what nonsense you're spouting off about. Today it was how Stafford is as good as Manning but Peyton has a better supporting cast. You're very good at what you do. :cheers:

Found 5 in the 49 point game against ravens. Not a franchise qb per the standards set

LKP are you off your meds? Your comparing the greatest statistical season a quarterback has ever had to Stafford's?

Let me know when you get to Stafford's second half vs Arizona since we're digging way back. I'm sure it'll be all the receivers or some nonsense.

But in all seriousness, I'm done taking the bait. You're a pretty good troll, I'll give you that. Even though I have you blocked, sometimes it's morbid curiosity that I click "show post" just to see what nonsense you're spouting off about. Today it was how Stafford is as good as Manning but Peyton has a better supporting cast. You're very good at what you do. :cheers:

I already know that excuse, Bush missed the second half.

Lol your standards are ridiculous. I could give you 5 from Peyton every game he would want back. And in Peytons case he has more guys to bail him out. Staffords case he only has a doubled Calvin to really bail him out.

I can give you about 7-10 throws a game from peyton that Stafford would never even attempt cause he wouldn't see the guy cause he was locked in on calvin

I can give you 7-10 more throws a game from peyton that Stafford wouldn't throw as perfect as peyton did. Peytons throw led the receiver perfectly allowing him to not even break stride. Staffords throw forced our 6'6'' WR to ferociously leap full extended just so he can get a finger on the bal....the tipped pass gets picked off.

I can give you about 7-10 throws a game from peyton that Stafford would never even attempt cause he wouldn't see the guy cause he was locked in on calvin

I can give you 7-10 more throws a game from peyton that Stafford wouldn't throw as perfect as peyton did. Peytons throw led the receiver perfectly allowing him to not even break stride. Staffords throw forced our 6'6'' WR to ferociously leap full extended just so he can get a finger on the bal....the tipped pass gets picked off.

LKP is locked in his film room. He has all the games transferred from digital to tin can projector film.

LKP is locked in his film room. He has all the games transferred from digital to tin can projector film.

Looking forward to the report he's going to submit to Mayhew about the progress of Stafford.

Let me know when you get to Payton's winning percentage verses he great Matt Stafford..
Only number I care about... Matt needs to get over the hump and lead this franchise to Victory's not yards and TD's

Well it's pretty obvious now why Nick Foles only had 2 interceptions on the year. He holds onto the ball forever and either takes a sack or gets intentional grounding. The Eagles ranked 25th for sacks allowed with 46, compared to the Lions rank of 2nd with 23 sacks allowed. Half the sacks!

Don't get me wrong, I'd still prefer taking a sack or intentional grounding vs. an interception, but it sheds a little more light why Foles stats were so good. And to be clear, this year I definitely would've preferred Foles over Stafford. But I'm explaining part of the reason why Foles only had 2 interceptions this year.

Well it's pretty obvious now why Nick Foles only had 2 interceptions on the year. He holds onto the ball forever and either takes a sack or gets intentional grounding. The Eagles ranked 25th for sacks allowed with 46, compared to the Lions rank of 2nd with 23 sacks allowed. Half the sacks!

Don't get me wrong, I'd still prefer taking a sack or intentional grounding vs. an interception, but it sheds a little more light why Foles stats were so good. And to be clear, this year I definitely would've preferred Foles over Stafford. But I'm explaining part of the reason why Foles only had 2 interceptions this year.

With the exception of Peyton, good QBs take longer because they read they progression instead of one guy.

With the exception of Peyton, good QBs take longer because they read they progression instead of one guy.

I agree, Stafford needs to do a better job with his progressions, but if you've been watching the game tonight, Foles has made quite a few dumb decisions. Lost 11 yards on a sack, which pushed them out of field goal range. Also had 1 or 2 intentional grounding penalties. Got sacked another time. He's been holding onto the ball much too long tonight.

I agree, Stafford needs to do a better job with his progressions, but if you've been watching the game tonight, Foles has made quite a few dumb decisions. Lost 11 yards on a sack, which pushed them out of field goal range. Also had 1 or 2 intentional grounding penalties. Got sacked another time. He's been holding onto the ball much too long tonight.

True but I'll wait until the fourth quarter to do a comparison.

not to mention hes playing vs a playoff caliber team and Stafford sucked ass vs the likes of tb pit min nyg.

True but I'll wait until the fourth quarter to do a comparison.

You'll hate Staff no matter what he does. Reminds me of Flacco here in Baltimore, even with a ring last season people are still hating on him, although he was shit this season.

not to mention hes playing vs a playoff caliber team and Stafford sucked ass vs the likes of tb pit min nyg.

If you've been watching the game, you'd know that the Saints are playing like their 3rd and 4th string secondary. One of their starting CBs, Rod Sweeting, is a rookie, undrafted free agent. So saying the Saints defense, especially the secondary Foles is facing, is any good is a huge stretch.

If you've been watching the game, you'd know that the Saints are playing like their 3rd and 4th string secondary. One of their starting CBs, Rod Sweeting, is a rookie, undrafted free agent. So saying the Saints defense, especially the secondary Foles is facing, is any good is a huge stretch.

LKPs excuse would be hes without Jeremy maclin and its cold outside.

Back