Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Why Stafford will never be a great QB

Matt has horrible foot work, throws sidearm or off his back foot all the time.. Misses wide open guys. Makes horrible pre-snap decisions.. Yards are one thing Tony but this team needs win's and Matt had a great chance to put his team over the top and failed... He needs to get over the hump and hopefully the next staff can do that but to say he has not regressed is just not seeing it correctly... Oh well next year will tell if this kid can take new coaching..

Last edited:
Matt has horrible foot work, throws sidearm or off his back foot all the time.. Misses wide open guys. Makes horrible pre-snap decisions.. Yards are one thing Tony but this team needs win's and Matt had a great chance to put his team over the top and failed... He needs to get over the hump and hopefully the next staff can do that but to say he has not regressed is just not seeing it correctly... Oh well next year will tell if this kid can take new coaching..

He's regressed in a couple of categories, ill admit. But as a whole? Not even close .....

And stop staying Matt failed. The whole team failed ...

He's regressed in a couple of categories, ill admit. But as a whole? Not even close .....

No doubt the whole team failed.. I have mentioned this time and again but when Matt had a chance to lead his team to a division title he failed... I just guess right now he is just not a good leader.
The QB has the most impact on if his team wins or losses a game...
Last 7 games Matt was beyond awful... He looked lost at times out there..

Last edited:

You mention these things, footwork, sidearm, missing guys, pre-snap decisions, he has never done these at a high level so you can't really say he has "regressed".

Last edited:

Name a single player that played worse than Staff down the stretch.

But he's not playing worse!! Youre being the dumb fuck. He had a terrible second half!!! That doesnt mean he's regressed as a QB. If anything, he's plateaued and this is what we got. We take the good with the bad. He puts up a ton of yards, throws for a bunch of TDs, throws a lot of picks and takes a lot of chances. Brett Favre 2.0 ..... ill take that all day.

you do realize that half the season is 8 games, right? lol. NOt to mention he had shitty games in the first half too.....ari game he sucked.

Name a single player that played worse than Staff down the stretch.

Its not about that. Do you guys seriously huff paint during your free time?? Holy fuck! I know Stafford was brutal, i never denied that but to put the blame all on him isn't fair.

I will throw a name out there for ya though ...... Chris Houston was fn terrible ALL year and by far the worst player on the team. Deny that, i dare ya.

Its not about that. Do you guys seriously huff paint during your free time?? Holy fuck! I know Stafford was brutal, i never denied that but to put the blame all on him isn't fair.

I will throw a name out there for ya though ...... Chris Houston was fn terrible ALL year and by far the worst player on the team. Deny that, i dare ya.

Who's done that? We say most blame not all blame. There is a difference.

Did he even play much he last 7 games? Not that he has more impact then a QB.. But he was bad when he did play I will give you that.

You mention these things, footwork, sidearm, missing guys, pre-snap decisions, he has never done these at a high level so you can't really say he has "regressed".

Exactly! He puts up the same fn numbers year in and year out. Some better than others, some worse. Regressed isnt even a word to describe him actually.

Exactly! He puts up the same fn numbers year in and year out. Some better than others, some worse. Regressed isnt even a word to describe him actually.

I agree regressed isn't the right term. The right term is average..

Yup very average.
If you want to be a great QB in the NFL you are measured by wins and losses..
If you want to be elite you win playoff games and super Bowls.

We all know Dan Marino has a ton of yards and is a top 5 or 10 QB all-time and a HOFer.
But all those yards and he was 0-1 in Super Bowls...

Yards mean crap...
I want the W's.

Who's done that? We say most blame not all blame. There is a difference.

A few guys have. Bob said Stafford was the only reason we didnt make the playoffs. Hughes says if Stafford doesnt throw those picks, we're in the playoffs ....thats blaming Stafford and nobody else. Lets just forget about the drops, the fumbles, bad penalties, horrible officiating that completely fucked us in a couple of games, the defensive meltdowns .....lets forget that shit, ok? Put it all on the QB ...lol. Priceless

A few guys have. Bob said Stafford was the only reason we didnt make the playoffs. Hughes says if Stafford doesnt throw those picks, we're in the playoffs ....thats blaming Stafford and nobody else. Lets just forget about the drops, the fumbles, bad penalties, horrible officiating that completely fucked us in a couple of games, the defensive meltdowns .....lets forget that shit, ok? Put it all on the QB ...lol. Priceless

That is so not true...

Go find the thread were I said it was mostly on the coaching staff (Jim) with Matt being second..
I even gave my percent opinion on that.. Plus I even mentioned ever damn other thing you have mentioned as the reason we lost also..

Last edited:

But I don't see that as just blaming him. You could say if he didn't throw those INTwe might have been. We could also say if Bush didn't get injured at all or fumbled we might have gotten to the playoffs as well.

Bottom line is many screwed up. But if I had to take one out of the equation where we'd get in, Matt is the one I'd remove.

I think there are just a few posters here that invested in authentic Stafford jerseys and really, really don't want it to be a waste of money.

That is so not true...

Go find the thread were I said it was mostly on the coaching staff (Jim) with Matt being second..
I even gave my percent opinion on that.. Plus I even mentioned ever damn other thing you have mentioned as the reason we lost also..

then i apologize ....im sorry.

But I don't see that as just blaming him. You could say if he didn't throw those INTwe might have been. We could also say if Bush didn't get injured at all or fumbled we might have gotten to the playoffs as well.

Bottom line is many screwed up. But if I had to take one out of the equation where we'd get in, Matt is the one I'd remove.

That's my point ....

Back