Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Would you guys be for/against trading out of the 1st round?

Good depth. Just the backups got hurt too. Mayhew is the best GM in the league. Hands down.

So the best GM in the league hasn't been able to build a team that could win even a single playoff game in 5 years? In that time Mayhew has replaced all but 3 of Millen's picks (Calvin, Dom, and the long-snapper), so it's not like we can still blame Millen now. I guess the rest of the league must be terrible if that's your definition of the best.

So the best GM in the league hasn't been able to build a team that could win even a single playoff game in 5 years? In that time Mayhew has replaced all but 3 of Millen's picks (Calvin, Dom, and the long-snapper), so it's not like we can still blame Millen now. I guess the rest of the league must be terrible if that's your definition of the best.

You honestly fell for it? Broooooooooooo

just unlucky. concentrated injuries. true wins. vortex of the sun. santa anas. cold front. philly is better than Detroit in the snow. blah blah blah.

just unlucky. concentrated injuries. true wins. vortex of the sun. santa anas. cold front. philly is better than Detroit in the snow. blah blah blah.

Concentrated injuries. Pretty amazing what happens when our top 3 secondary players stay healthy. See 2011 first 10 games and 2014. Top 5 defense. Same with healthy weapons and Oline.

Our fumble recovery rates was pretty unlucky in 2012 and 2013. He was correct to hire in 2009 and extend Schwartz before 2012 but the coaching staff lack of care for turnovers really hurt all the talent Mayhew added. Thank goodness we have Caldwell and company now. Double digit wins every year?

That snow game was bullshit. We are a passing offense and our best back and RT were hurt so we couldn't run.

Concentrated injuries. Pretty amazing what happens when our top 3 secondary players stay healthy. See 2011 first 10 games and 2014. Top 5 defense. Same with healthy weapons and Oline.

Our fumble recovery rates was pretty unlucky in 2012 and 2013. He was correct to hire in 2009 and extend Schwartz before 2012 but the coaching staff lack of care for turnovers really hurt all the talent Mayhew added. Thank goodness we have Caldwell and company now. Double digit wins every year?

That snow game was bullshit. We are a passing offense and our best back and RT were hurt so we couldn't run.

ya, cause reggie bush being hurt was SOOOOOOOOO out of character lmao....

t7554365-155-thumb-Please-don-t-feed-the-trolls-atsof-547660_170_186.jpg

He confirmed last year that he trolls during the off-season to for entertainment purposes, I'm surprised people still argue with him.

Did I do that to cause debate since that is all we had to talk about (the future or past season). I like talking about the actual games. The troll bit is over. We made it guys!!! Week 1 coming up.

ya, cause reggie bush being hurt was SOOOOOOOOO out of character lmao....

Bush had 200 carries in 2013. It was out of character for the last three seasons for him. He got hurt warming up BECAUSE of the snow.

And I like how you can't argue my other points. You know when this secondary is fairly healthy we have ALWAYS have a top 5 defense. Great job Mayhew.

Bush had 200 carries in 2013. It was out of character for the last three seasons for him. He got hurt warming up BECAUSE of the snow.

And I like how you can't argue my other points. You know when this secondary is fairly healthy we have ALWAYS have a top 5 defense. Great job Mayhew.
Because your other points have been disproven over and over again and it gets exhausting. Weve had a top 5 defense once. Not always. Once. Ever.

He confirmed last year that he trolls during the off-season to for entertainment purposes, I'm surprised people still argue with him.

I don't anymore but he has more than troll plus normal..he needs help.

His act of being normal lasted what? A week? Then he was back to defending every throw Stafford makes. He's that fucked up, it's not an act

I've never seen a board with so much tolerance for a troll. You all deserve a Nobel Prize for patience.

His act of being normal lasted what? A week? Then he was back to defending every throw Stafford makes. He's that fucked up, it's not an act

This. Anyone that thinks that LKP is just acting like a troll to "get us through the offseason" is a moron.

The "normal" guy lasted a couple days......then back to every Lion being a superstar.

I laugh at how guys on this board still take the bait.....after so many of the same argument over and over. Ironically, the only guys that continue to argue with him are the trolls on the other end of the spectrum.

This. Anyone that thinks that LKP is just acting like a troll to "get us through the offseason" is a moron.

The "normal" guy lasted a couple days......then back to every Lion being a superstar.

I laugh at how guys on this board still take the bait.....after so many of the same argument over and over. Ironically, the only guys that continue to argue with him are the trolls on the other end of the spectrum.

Exactly.

The normal guy was around for several years and was actually a good contributor to this board, then he went off the deep end after the 2013 season for whatever reason. Look back at his posts before then, I'm not even sure it's the same person. My guess is either trolling or brain tumor.

Not a troll. Just frustrated you guys don't take everything into account when you watch the games and your hindsight with Mayhew is annoying. His decisions at the time are usually the right call even if they don't end up working out.

I'll simplify.

Stafford is good but could improve 2 more throws a game (maybe he doesn't need to though if he actually got a run game/pass pro/less drops/better kicking/a 3rd weapon to get more open he wouldn't have to). He could play exactly the same (but have better numbers) and win 11 games again.

Pass pro and run game bad in 2014. Mainly due to injuries (Oline, TEs and Bush). This made Stafford seem worse than he actually was. Down and distance, predictablitiy and no protection is not good for a QB.

Defense great. I have a higher rating for the DEs, LBs, CBs and safeties higher than you all. I was deemed right on that in 2014. Suh and Fairley are good players but it wasn't all them. There was many years were Suh and Fairley did well but the defense had issues. This was due to injuries from the back 7 or poor play from the DEs (2012) and poor play from the back 7/injuries (2012, some 2013). Everytime our seconday stays healthy we have a top 5 defense though. That is a fact.

Turnovers killed this team in 2012/2013. The new coaching staff fixed that and this team is poised for double digit wins if that remains.

Last edited:
Every decision AT THE TIME is right according to that person. My decision to drink a coffee this morning was right until I felt like hell later on.

It's not about what's right at the time. It's about seeing those picks later on develop and do good things.

Back