Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Would you guys be for/against trading out of the 1st round?

Every decision AT THE TIME is right according to that person. My decision to drink a coffee this morning was right until I felt like hell later on.

It's not about what's right at the time. It's about seeing those picks later on develop and do good things.

It is about what is right at the time. Plus most fans don't have all the information about a prospect.

Injuries, a player's future motivation, impossible to predict. And Mayhew has more hits than misses by far for pro personnel and college prospects. 11-5. Shhhhhhhhh

Well like I said, if 11-5 is a successful season to you, more power.

When you don't win a playoff game, it's not a successful season. Sorry.

Well like I said, if 11-5 is a successful season to you, more power.

When you don't win a playoff game, it's not a successful season. Sorry.

It's very successful. Teams would kill for 11-5 every year. And they beat Dallas as far as I'm concerned. Great season, more to come. Sorry I'm not sorry.

Yeah, it's successful to teams who haven't had any success.

Think the Giants cared they went 9-7 in the regular season when they won the SB?

Yeah, it's successful to teams who haven't had any success.

Think the Giants cared they went 9-7 in the regular season when they won the SB?

They cared once they got to 11 wins. Which got them to the Champ game. 12-7 season is nice. Those 9-7 Giants would have missed the playoffs in 2014. 2014 Lions >Giants.

Lions should have never been in that situation with Dallas. Goid first half, cruze control second half. They gave that game to Dallas, the refs made it easier. Mayhew is not bad but not elite. Everyone above him are a joke. This team ain't winning a Super Bowl, guaranteed. Suh is not good, he is great. Fairly is goid. We replaced them with good and might be good. I thought Stafford did a very good job last year despite the crappy oline.
Ebron pick may have prevented a playoff win.

Last edited:
Lions should have never been in that situation with Dallas. Goid first half, cruze control second half. They gave that game to Dallas, the refs made it easier.

This.

Austin COMPLETELY fooled Dallas time and time again with his blitz schemes in the 1st half. That Oline.....the best in football all year.....was absolutely lost. Lions had free runners seemingly every time they blitzed and Dallas just never adjusted.

That long catch and run TD to Williams right at the end of the first half was the killer. Austin went shell coverage from that point on. Defense still played ok, but the offense also went into prevent mode.

The bad call helped Dallas......but the Lions decision to play not to lose is what cost them the game. I would imagine that falls on Caldwell.

Lions Dline dominated in the second half but the refs allowed holding all second half. And then the non PI call killed the biggest drive of the game for Detroit (Detroit was moving the ball well). It wasn't cruise control, it was Dallas having TOP because the refs looked the other way on holding calls.

Lucky tip pick for Dallas, good FG drive for Detroit, Bush running the wrong route on a 3 and out and the bogus non PI call on a good drive into Dallas territory. Last drive Lions were moving, then Reiff blew a block (he only gave up 2 sacks all year before that). The refs also missed an offside earlier in that drive on Dallas but then called a Calvin false start. Should never have even been 4th and 3.

It was the Lions against Dallas/refs all second half. Plus the Mathis injury gave Dallas 7. Not to meniton Detroit using 3rd string RT and 3rd string RG (due to Waddle/Hilliard and Warford/Swanson injuries). Lions were the better team and outplayed Dallas.

Last edited:
Lions Dline dominated in the second half but the refs allowed holding all second half. And then the non PI call killed the biggest drive of the game for Detroit (Detroit was moving the ball well). It wasn't cruise control, it was Dallas having TOP because the refs looked the other way on holding calls.

Lucky tip pick for Dallas, good FG drive for Detroit, Bush running the wrong route on a 3 and out and the bogus non PI call on a good drive into Dallas territory. Last drive Lions were moving, then Reiff blew a block (he only gave up 2 sacks all year before that). The refs also missed an offside earlier in that drive on Dallas but then called a Calvin false start. Should never have even been 4th and 3.

It was the Lions against Dallas/refs all second half. Plus the Mathis injury gave Dallas 7. Not to meniton Detroit using 3rd string RT and 3rd string RG (due to Waddle/Hilliard and Warford/Swanson injuries). Lions were the better team and outplayed Dallas.

Offense sucked. Mostly because of our shitty qb.

Stafford made plays all second half. You are blind hughes. Three good drives led by stafford. Refs and reiff screwed it up. Bush ran a wrong route on the three and out. Lucky tip pick. Not staffords fault

Alright, I'll feed the troll this time.

Our offense sucked because of our shitty QB? Ok. I'll play the Hughes game.

We were 11-5. If our offense and qb sucked......our GM must be damn good to field a team that could still win 11 games when the most important position in all sports "sucked".

#mhughesstillhashtagslikealittlegirl problems

Alright, I'll feed the troll this time.

Our offense sucked because of our shitty QB? Ok. I'll play the Hughes game.

We were 11-5. If our offense and qb sucked......our GM must be damn good to field a team that could still win 11 games when the most important position in all sports "sucked".

#mhughesstillhashtagslikealittlegirl problems

20 or less points in most of our games. You obviosly didnt watch the game tape.

Was the same personnel as the year before. Mayhew was too dumb to keep gunther for all those years. #mayhewproblems

Same personnel? Wow, the drafted young guys and free agents must have really started to produce. Sounds like the GM did a good job with the depth via draft and free agency, then.

Right?

#hugheshilariouslyfailingatthis

Last edited:
Same personnel? Wow, the drafted young guys and free agents must have really started to produce. Sounds like the GM did a good job with the depth via draft and free agency, then.

Right?

Weak schedule. Got lucky with turnovers. Unconcentrated injuries. Didnt go up against any dry winds from the southwest.

Right?

40-56. Needs to go undefeated this year just to break even. #mayhewproblems

Back