Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

You can't fix stupid

bamf_16

Play action last year at Michigan State on 4th down, 4 straight passes from inside the 5 at Iowa last year, Vincent Smith pass at Notre Dame this year, pretty much all of the Nebraska game, and the second half today.....

What did Ron White teach us? You can't fix stupid! Borges gotta go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8suVjclu8Zo

He won't though/ They'll let him stick around for another 3 years at least.

"He doesnt have his guy in there"

"wait until he gets a real QB in there"

freakin' joke. 0 points 2nd half? No denard and devin 2 headed monster the entire 2nd half? Someone should get fired for that, but no one will.

Was Denard in at all after his fumble? I wonder if part of that was some determination that he couldn't keep a firm grip on the left side either.

See, everyone can point to the "stats" which is what you simply rely on when you have nothing else.

Let's get into some detail here.

The 4th down run on our first possession was done with a QB that can't throw the ball....and not just a QB who doesn't do it well, literally a QB who physically cannot. throw. the ball. It gets stuffed.

Then, 3rd and short, and AGAIN the same thing is tried.

Look, first play of the game, we all wondered if Denard's arm was at least good enough to fake well and then lob a wobbler over the attacking defense. By the second half, the word was out not to play the pass with Denard in at QB. And when this offense needed direction, its offensive coordinator shit the bed, and its Head Coach was unwilling and/or unable to tell a man who worked for him to stop fucking up. Either that or he was too stupid to see it himself.

I'm convinced Al Borges belongs in the Mountain West Conference. Brady Hoke's handling of Borges will determine my view of him as well.

The previous coach fucked up in his handling of a coordinator that worked for him, and it cost him his job. This coach is currently fucking up in his handling of a coordinator, and it cost this team a win it should have had (not could have - SHOULD have) against its biggest rival.

We all knew that this year's team was going to be perhaps a step back of last year's team, talent wise. We lost a lot of important talent. Next season's team I think should be a step ahead of this year's. What's Al Borges going to cost this team next year if he keeps this level of sheer stupidity?!

Fuck the notion of "your guys!" This dumbass went play action last year at MSU, threw 4 straight times at Iowa, didn't run Denard at all in the first 20 minutes of the Alabama game when at least it was a game, went I think 7 straight quarters without an offensive touchdown, fucked up the most important game of the year at the time at Nebraska, and absolutely shat the bed in the most important game of the year.

This guy is in over his head coaching at Michigan.

I don't think Hoke does anything. He just sits there and plays mind games with the press and lets his coordinators do everything.

Well said bamf, everything you said is true, and Borges is in over his head at Michigan and over coaches(specially against Better teams). The guy really screwup the second half today for sure...

I don't think Hoke does anything. He just sits there and plays mind games with the press and lets his coordinators do everything.

You know something, when I get angry, I wonder the same thing.

But Greg Robinson showed us the importance of scheme and coordinators. I'm not saying I want a HC to call the plays or tell the OC what to call, but it's not expecting too much for a HC to recognize that something isn't working and to get on the headset to communicate upstairs, "Stop going with Denard at QB on 3rd and 4th down if he can't throw!"

And what's even MORE frustrating is that there isn't a single play you call with Denard that Devin can't run. You can call that play with Gardner, run the play fake, and call a designed QB run. It's not like he's John Navarre back there.

Fuck Borges, and fuck Hoke for allowing his OC to cost these kids this victory.

It seems that Brady Hoke's honeymoon is officially over.

Agree with every point you make here bamf. Hoke has got to step up and BE THE HEAD COACH. Seems he is just a spectator during the game. That is okay when you have coordinators that can handle their squads and talent. Not okay when you don't. Hoke has got to step up and make it clear that the O performance in the 2nd half was not acceptable and there will be steps taken to address the shortcommings. Not acceptable to lose to your arch rival when all that needd to be done was to get within fg range two times and you win the game. Hoke must step up and COACH during the game! Yes, the honeymoon is over, now it is time to get serious.

Last edited:
Sometimes when you have too many options, you get paralyzed by the analysis. Maybe Borges had too much to deal with, between who to play at QB, what Denard can and can't do, what to do without Fitz, etc.

I just think he got fucked up in the head mourning the loss of Twinkies.

Last edited:
Back