Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. rays Game Thread August 25

[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]slow game thread so far? thursday afternoon.

Yea, i'm extending my lunch break lol

MI_Thumb said:
tazmac said:
Good Lord, you would have bitched if he threw 30 pitches because Fister would have sat too long and lost his groove.

If you're talking to me.....then please shut the fuck up, because you know nothing, I don;t care how long Fister sits, I want to get Hellickson out of the game before 9 full innings like we saw last night.

If you're talking to someone else, still shut the fuck up.

Shut the fuck up? All the words in the English language and that is what you can come up with. If you knew anything about baseball you would know you normally get one good pitch to hit in an at bat. The ball was crushed, it just happened to be right at someone. Relax, it was just one inning.

Tigers 4th inning,

Betemit swings and misses a fastball, high fastball fouled back, lays off another, fastball pop fly to shallow left by shortstop,

Kelly takes a high curve, straight change strike call, fastball inside maybe, another fouled back, takes low full count, lined foul down first base, fisted and fouled back, fastball golfed to right is caught,

Peralta swings and misses a changeup on/off the corner, fastball inside, takes low, swings and misses another changeup, fastball fouled back, takes a curve low full count, chases low again F,

hellickson with 63 pitches,

Tigers lead 1 - 0.

Fister 4th inning,

jennings grounds out to Peralta,

damon shows bunt curve strike call, easy grounder to kelly near first fields it and steps on first,

longoria low, fastball swings and misses, fastball strike call one of those that go either way, swings and misses another,

Fister with a quick inning now with 46 pitches,

Tigers lead 1 - 0.

Very nice to see this from Fister, I would like to see him step up and maybe move into the #2 spot in the rotation. I know it will take a lot more than 1 outing and this one is only 4 innings old but it would be nice to see.

[color=#551A8B said:
Rich what? Richmond![/color]]Some people are negative regardless bud, just let it go.

I'm negative because I want to see more than 6 pitches in an innings from the opposing pitcher?

I'm negative because last night we let a pitcher go 9 innings without breaking a sweat?

MI_Thumb said:
[quote="KalineCountry":4yelxwkq]slow game thread so far? thursday afternoon.

Yea, i'm extending my lunch break lol[/quote:4yelxwkq]

Home with my 5 month old son. Initiating him to the importance of Tiger baseball.

Tigers 5th inning,

Raburn lines the first pitch changeup down the leftfield line for a double,

Santos bunting fouls it down first, cripes that hit to right, shows bunt and takes outside snap throw to second Raburn slides back safe, fastball fouled back, reaches for a low curve and grounds slowly to third Raburn able to get to third on groundout,

Jackson flys to right and Raburn tags up and scores on the sac fly,

Tigers lead 2 - 0,

Santiago takes a changeup off the corner strike call geez, fastball inside and Santiago goes around, high fastball chases and foul pops to third sliding catch, keep chasing those high fastballs dumass,

hellickson with 73 pitches,

Tigers lead 2 - 0.

9 pitches, but at least we got a run.

Hope Fister can keep this up

MI_Thumb said:
[quote="Rich what? Richmond!":znaxskw1]Some people are negative regardless bud, just let it go.

I'm negative because I want to see more than 6 pitches in an innings from the opposing pitcher?

I'm negative because last night we let a pitcher go 9 innings without breaking a sweat?[/quote:znaxskw1]

I think you are accused of being negative because you aren't putting it in context. There were 2 balls that were crushed. You wouldn't compain if they fell in. You haven't complained that Raburn swung at the 1st pitch and doubled.

Inge would have made that play.......

.....and thrown to second base.

jdbaker1 said:
MI_Thumb said:

I'm negative because last night we let a pitcher go 9 innings without breaking a sweat?

I think you are accused of being negative because you aren't putting it in context. There were 2 balls that were crushed. You wouldn't compain if they fell in. You haven't complained that Raburn swung at the 1st pitch and doubled.

If they fell in it would not have been a 6 pitch inning.

And I did complain about the pitch count that inning.

Fister 5th inning,

zobrist curve low, fastball grounds out to Santiago,

krotchman curve low, fastball low, another strike call, lined to Betemit can't hold onto it with the glove skips away for a single,

ffjoyce foul tip, low, throw to first, swings and misses fastball away, lines to Young,

fuld curve looked good ump, fastball up single past Kelly single,

ffrodriguez strikecall, fastball ground foul, inside corner no, slider away, goes around on an inside fastball, tit for tat,

Fister with 62 pitches,

Tigers lead 2 - 0.

KC....I remember 2009 so: what would be the proper time to begin to figure AND SHARE magic numbers? I say if this game goes the way it has we should honor Fister by figuring it. Any objections? I WILL of course defer to your great wisdom.....

MI_Thumb said:
jdbaker1 said:

If they fell in it would not have been a 6 pitch inning.

And I did complain about the pitch count that inning.

Okay, okay, I see we are all a little grumpy from last nights loss by inge, myself included. Lets just win this game.

Back