Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. rays Game Thread August 25

Jesus, I hate Gene Lamont. He would probably hold Jackson there while he sends V-Mart.....ugh. I hate him more than any player. Hoping Kelly would come through.

Tigers 6th inning,

Young fastball fouled off, takes inside, changeup fouled down left hits a beam in the roof, chases shyt low gets away throw to first,

Martinez takes a changeup low, fastball low, line drive down the rightfield line and Victor kind of walk/jog/limp/run/slides into second safe with a double,

Betemit takes a curve outside, fastball fouled off, jammed and lined over second and Victor trying to score with gimpy knee and all and fflamont still sends him is tagged out, replay maybe not, F rays feed saying he might have been safe,

Betemit on second,

Kelly 2 and 0 and doesn't chase another low fastball 3 and 0, strike call, fastball fly to left,

we get nothing,

hellickson with 88 pitches,

Tigers lead 2 - 0.

Well, that sucked. I guess that popup by Kelly wouldn't have gotten VMart in from 3rd anyways but who knows what JP would have done. It was a perfect throw though.

boggs87 said:
Why did Lamont send Victor with the bad knee?

Especially because that's how the knee got hurt in the first place, trying to score around a tag when the ball clearly beat him.

kalinesboy said:
KC....I remember 2009 so: what would be the proper time to begin to figure AND SHARE magic numbers? I say if this game goes the way it has we should honor Fister by figuring it. Any objections? I WILL of course defer to your great wisdom.....

Let your conscience be your guide Charlie, we all remember how that turned out.
Personally if I was doing something like that, I would wait until September around Labor Day.
Do what you want though with blessings.

Gene Lamont's biggest contribution to the team?

Being the guy who high-fives the guys that hit homeruns as they round 3rd.

What a waste of DNA.

Like I said I really dislike Lamont, It seems I disagree with his decisions on whether to send the runner or keep him around 75% of the time.

theo said:
Anyone think Hellickson looks like Macaulay Culkin?

I dunno, but Fisters GameDay thumbnail pic gives me the creeps.

Looks like a serial killer or something.

Jennings finally hits a ball out of the infield for a hit.

So....how nice will it be to go into Minny and not see Thome or Kubel?

Though we have not seen the last of either.

jdbaker1 said:
Indians claim Thome and Wsux claimed Kubel?

Yea, read about it last night, did not get confirmed until today.

Though both are in the game today, so deals must not be final.

Fister might have the gas to go 8 if Smokey wants to save the 'pen.

Back