Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2017 NFC Playoff Thread

I'm good. I've said it 90 times, I'll say it 91. I'm apathetic, I watch from a distance, and I'll invest my time when they decide they want to be a real organization. IE, getting rid of this coach. There's no reason for this team to win a meaningless game and force Quinn into keeping this guy around.

I did the same damn thing for Rich Rod when he was at Michigan. I was actively pulling for them to lose the bowl game against Miss State, because a win could have kept him around longer.

You don't get rewards for fandom. No one looks at the guy with the face paint and says "damn, that dude is a legit fan, I wish I was like him." I want this franchise to win, I've wanted that since I started watching at like 4 fucking years old. But I'm not going to give them my emotions until they prove themselves to be a real team.

LOL the games aren't meaningless. Playoffs are in play

I think it's just others have gone through this and are tired of borderline playoffs that result in a playoff loss. Over and over. Most of us don't have your enthusiasm. Maybe in 20 years you might lose some of yours.

You always have something to play for.. I just can't see Rodgers sitting.

He's not playing

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/new...on-fantasy-vikings/102dtl1tkdrau11fheh3nsmlob

The Packers (7-7) are officially eliminated from playoff contention after the Falcons beat the Buccaneers on Monday night, which leaves a question as to what the rest of the season will look like for quarterback Aaron Rodgers.

Coach Mike McCarthy told reporters that he would be watching Monday night's game closely, but he also seemed to leave open the possibility that Rodgers might be sidelined again.

?Aaron Rodgers is sore, rightfully so,? McCarthy said Monday when asked whether Rodgers will play this week, per Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. ?He was hit too many times, took two big hits. So we?re working through that."

Rodgers returned against the Panthers after missing eight weeks to recover from a broken right collar bone, but undoubtedly he was hurting after getting hit seven times as a passer, with three of those being pretty big sacks.

With the future of Rodgers' season uncertain at this point, the Packers are reportedly re-signing quarterback Joe Callahan to their roster, according to ESPN, which many are speculating to be the end of Rodgers' season.

The Packers originally waived Callahan to make room for Rodgers' return, but re-signing Callahan means the Packers could be considering the possibility of shutting down their star quarterback, especially after the Packers are eliminated from the playoffs.

Playing around with the scenarios, the worst possible outcome this weekend for Detroit’s playoff chances is a Seattle/Dallas tie. It’s unlikely to happen, but it would require Atlanta to lose out for the Lions to get in.

A Seattle/Dallas tie and Atlanta win eliminates Detroit (along with Dallas and Seattle) this week

He's not playing

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/new...on-fantasy-vikings/102dtl1tkdrau11fheh3nsmlob

The Packers (7-7) are officially eliminated from playoff contention after the Falcons beat the Buccaneers on Monday night, which leaves a question as to what the rest of the season will look like for quarterback Aaron Rodgers.

Coach Mike McCarthy told reporters that he would be watching Monday night's game closely, but he also seemed to leave open the possibility that Rodgers might be sidelined again.

?Aaron Rodgers is sore, rightfully so,? McCarthy said Monday when asked whether Rodgers will play this week, per Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. ?He was hit too many times, took two big hits. So we?re working through that."

Rodgers returned against the Panthers after missing eight weeks to recover from a broken right collar bone, but undoubtedly he was hurting after getting hit seven times as a passer, with three of those being pretty big sacks.

With the future of Rodgers' season uncertain at this point, the Packers are reportedly re-signing quarterback Joe Callahan to their roster, according to ESPN, which many are speculating to be the end of Rodgers' season.

The Packers originally waived Callahan to make room for Rodgers' return, but re-signing Callahan means the Packers could be considering the possibility of shutting down their star quarterback, especially after the Packers are eliminated from the playoffs.

Okay, thanks.

Good for them. They'll get a 6 seed and get smashed by the Saints or Panthers or whoever. And they'll keep Caldwell, and the team will continue to be stuck in this crap.

Good for them. They'll get a 6 seed and get smashed by the Saints or Panthers or whoever. And they'll keep Caldwell, and the team will continue to be stuck in this crap.

Thinking they'll get smashed is another reason you are a bad fan.

They get in, they have a shot to win the Super Bowl. Period

My personal opinion is if Caldwell stays with no playoff or playoff loss we have the wrong man as GM. If it's up to Martha then what good is having a GM.

Again. What have they done to show you they can beat anyone?

I don't really care what you think of me. I don't let these guys run my emotions.

Again. What have they done to show you they can beat anyone?

I don't really care what you think of me. I don't let these guys run my emotions.

Lions have shown lots of good things this year. Stafford and the weapons are playing really well, defense forcing lots of turnovers. Oline and run D improving. Coverage is good. Pass rush is injured but can improve

Lions have the talent to beat any team in the playoffs. Finish strong and get in like they deserve. If they miss because of the bogus 10 second run off, Caldwell should not be fired for a tru 11-5 season.

The Bears have beaten the Steelers, Ravens and Panthers.....teams we went 0-3 against. All Caldwell has shown me is his style will beat the bad teams, will win 60 percent of the games against average teams and will win 10 percent of the games against good teams. That's not good enough, no matter what our record is.

The Bears have beaten the Steelers, Ravens and Panthers.....teams we went 0-3 against. All Caldwell has shown me is his style will beat the bad teams, will win 60 percent of the games against average teams and will win 10 percent of the games against good teams. That's not good enough, no matter what our record is.

And we swept the Bears so therefore we really beat all those teams.

4-23 verses teams over .500. Caldwell has to do better.
He is not the coach that can take this team to the next level. I have never felt that he has been the difference when we have won. There have been several times I felt that the coaching might have cost us a game.

I think Quinn has done a good job upgrading the talent on this team. I just don't see Caldwell being a coach that can get us to more than a wild card/bounced in the first round team.

Back