Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2017 NFC Playoff Thread

So Tate was punished for making the catch. Fucking bizarro world.

Not really.....the Lions were punished for the refs calling it a TD. Had they not.....Lions would have had time to run a play or stop the clock....but because the refs called a TD they were not given the chance.

Furthermore, because Caldwell was told, BY THE FUCKING REFS, that the TD was confirmed....he's didn't rush the FG unit on quickly to kick the extra point.

Just another "oops, sorry Detroit" moment by the NFL.

I am in no way shape or form a conspiracy theorist.....but you'd have a hard time convincing me that someone in the NFL office isn't making these calls against us. Just too many missed calls to believe it's nothing more than bad luck.

Last edited:
Oh I fully agree. If that's Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers, that's a TD.

For the most part, the Lions bring their shit onto themselves. But that was stupid.

Oh I fully agree. If that's Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers, that's a TD.

For the most part, the Lions bring their shit onto themselves. But that was stupid.

Absolutely......the three that stand out to me are the playoff loss to Dallas. The illegal bat against Seattle and the Atlanta game.

Better coaching wins the Pittsburgh, and Atlanta game. . Yeah maybe we got job in the Atlanta game but how about throw it in the end zone? Play calling flat out stunk Verses the steelers in the red zone , and the team was not prepared to play on Thanksgiving at home in a game we needed , and the following week at Baltimore with 10 freaking days to prepare. It is time to find some coaches who are elite. Playoff loss to Dallas was so disgraceful by the NFL...

Last edited:
Tampa Bay upsetting Atlanta would be HUGE. Basically, we need to win out and Atlanta needs to lose two of three. Their other two games are New Orleans and Carolina.

Let's go, Buccaneers!!!!

I don't think the Bucs stand a chance, they shoot themselves in the foot more than the Lions do. The Browns would probably beat the Bucs

I don't think the Bucs stand a chance, they shoot themselves in the foot more than the Lions do. The Browns would probably beat the Bucs

Oh, the Bucs have no chance. They're playing without McCoy and David on defense.

Atlanta will win by 20+.

Is that a double reverse jinx there?

:nod:

Last edited:
If it comes down to Atlanta winning at home against Carolina to get into the playoffs, they will be playing with their freaking hair on fire.

Well we can only hope Tampa Bay plays with some pride. JOBS ARE ON THE LINE !!
So frustrating that the Vikings , Saints , Rams, Jags, and Eagles are better then us this year. Probably on to next season unless we get some breaks .

If it comes down to Atlanta winning at home against Carolina to get into the playoffs, they will be playing with their freaking hair on fire.

Carolina might not anything to play for either and be set as the 5th seed. They were swept by Saints and beat Falcons once

Should be interesting

10-6 is a good playoff caliber season. We'll see if they make it

So many wild plays yesterday.

Index card.
Then Carr being a dummy.
Packer Fumble.
Pittsburgh td/no td.

Last edited:
It puts that extra little sting in there that we should have a one game better record and a game in hand on the Falcons but of course we are who we are and never catch a damn break

It puts that extra little sting in there that we should have a one game better record and a game in hand on the Falcons but of course we are who we are and never catch a damn break

That would be true if sports were played in a vacuum.

Everything changes from that outcome. The Lions could have got the call, and then laid an egg next week against Minnesota instead of winning. Atlanta could have lost, and then maybe won their next 5 in a row instead of how it went for them.

It is what it is. When you don't handle your shit and always rely on other teams for help, this is what you get.

That would be true if sports were played in a vacuum.

Everything changes from that outcome. The Lions could have got the call, and then laid an egg next week against Minnesota instead of winning. Atlanta could have lost, and then maybe won their next 5 in a row instead of how it went for them.

It is what it is. When you don't handle your shit and always rely on other teams for help, this is what you get.

Perfect post. If the Lions would quit playing to not lose, and actually play football in the first half we might be in good shape right now. I serves us right to miss the playoffs

Absolutely......the three that stand out to me are the playoff loss to Dallas. The illegal bat against Seattle and the Atlanta game.

What about the Megatron process of the catch call that was made up that game and the NFL are still screwing teams with it just to spite the Lions.

I can't believe they haven't changed the rule back to demonstrate control and two feet in. It is much more simple than saying the Dez Bryant and the Steelers call aren't catches.

I think the Lions win their next two. The Bengals have quit and AR won't play in week 17. The Lions get the 6 seed, go to LA and lose by 5 TDs.

What about the Megatron process of the catch call that was made up that game and the NFL are still screwing teams with it just to spite the Lions.

I can't believe they haven't changed the rule back to demonstrate control and two feet in. It is much more simple than saying the Dez Bryant and the Steelers call aren't catches.

I was pissed about the CJ rule non catch......but I guess it's just been so long that I'm over that one. The Atlanta game incident is just a failure at every level and it has nothing to do with the Lions. The Seattle game is the refs not route knowing the rule which is inexcusable.

The catch rule does need to be modified.It would be more simple just to make the rule?

1. Establish possession.
2. 2 feet down.

That's it.

Back