Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2017 NFC Playoff Thread

Here are the potential 3-way ties at 10-6 with Seattle:

Carolina & Seattle - Conference record eliminates Carolina, Detroit wins common games over Seattle

New Orleans & Seattle - Same as Carolina

Atlanta & Seattle - Atlanta wins head-to-head sweep

Seattle going 10-6 greatly helps the Lions chances, as long as Atlanta is not involved

The last one is the one that probably keeps them out. The first two probably don't happen.

The last one is the one that probably keeps them out. The first two probably don't happen.

Absolutely need Atlanta to lose to Carolina and New Orleans, 10-6 Lions are guaranteed a spot then.

I'm curious if Detroit, Seattle, and Dallas tied?

Or Detroit, Atlanta, Seattle & Dallas?

Or Detroit, Atlanta & Dallas?

Last edited:
I'm curious if Detroit, Seattle, and Dallas tied?

Or Detroit, Atlanta, Seattle & Dallas?

Or Detroit, Atlanta & Dallas?

Atlanta wins head-to-head sweep in bottom two scenarios

Detroit wins common games over Dallas and Seattle

Common opponents: Arizona, NY Giants, Atlanta, Green Bay

Detroit 5-1 (assumes win over GB)
Seattle 3-2 (assumes win over Arizona)
Dallas 3-2

Last edited:
Atlanta wins head-to-head sweep in bottom two scenarios

Detroit wins common games over Dallas and Seattle

Common opponents: Arizona, NY Giants, Atlanta, Green Bay

Detroit 5-1 (assumes win over GB)
Seattle 3-2 (assumes win over Arizona)
Dallas 3-2

So if Atlanta wins two it's over?

Thanks btw. I suppose I could have figured this out but you seem to have all the info at it's ready?

So if Atlanta wins two it's over?

Thanks btw. I suppose I could have figured this out but you seem to have all the info at it's ready?

I've spent way too much time looking at this stuff lol

A lot of it still depends on Carolina and New Orleans, either would need to go 0-2 though and both still have a game against the Bucs. Barring a Bucs surprise win, yeah it would probably be over.

Totally unrelated but holy wild endings batman. Anyone see the end of Steelers Pats?

Updated after the late games

Dallas and Atlanta still have games to play

The big games next week are:

Atlanta @ New Orleans
Seattle @ Dallas (maybe)
Minnesota @ GB (GB is technically still in it if Atlanta loses tomorrow)

Totally unrelated but holy wild endings batman. Anyone see the end of Steelers Pats?

That was such a good game to watch, beginning to end. I'm glad I didn't have a dog in that fight, I'd be dead from heart failure.

Atlanta lose to saint and panthers can happen. Falcons will beat Bucs but you never know

Panthers could lose to Bucs too.

Would be annoying if 10-6 lions don't make it. 10 wins should get you in. 10 wins is a good year

That bogus 10 second run off gets more annoying every day

Last edited:
That bogus 10 second run off gets more annoying every day

I thought I understood the rule but apparently not.

Tonight the Steelers scored a touchdown with 28 seconds left, they did an automatic review and found that he dropped the ball, there was no 10 second run off.

Is that because it was an incomplete? If so...the rule is even more stupid than I thought.

I thought I understood the rule but apparently not.

Tonight the Steelers scored a touchdown with 28 seconds left, they did an automatic review and found that he dropped the ball, there was no 10 second run off.

Is that because it was an incomplete? If so...the rule is even more stupid than I thought.

Depends on result of play. Incomplete would stop the clock. Tate supposed to be down at the one would keep clock running.

Multiple blown calls by refs on that final drive in Atlanta game

Last edited:
Depends on result of play. Incomplete would stop the clock. Tate supposed to be down at the one would keep clock running.

Multiple blown calls by refs on that final drive in Atlanta game

So Tate was punished for making the catch. Fucking bizarro world.

And lions were punished for the refs having bad eyes and calling it a td

Tired of talking about the Tate hose job. Good teams overcome that shit. Poor coaching in the Steelers and Ravens game we're sitting 10-4 right now and it's a moot point.

Last edited:
Back