Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2022 Mid Terms

FNVzlfOXIAUcNLj.jpeg

Energy industry swipes back at Psaki 'red herring' comment on oil and gas leases
'That accusation is a complete red herring,' one industry representative said of Psaki's comment

Energy industry heads have hit back at the Biden administration?s efforts to blame them for rising prices, noting that it is a ?distraction? from the reality that Executive actions are really to blame for supply chain issues.

Following Jen Psaki?s embarrassing attempts to deflect the energy crisis onto Russia and American oil companies who she claimed ?need to drill more,? American Exploration & Production Council CEO Anne Bradbury urged ?That accusation is a complete red herring.?

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/energy-industry-psaki-oil-and-gas-leases-ceraweek

From your article which I deeply regret giving a click:

Energy industry representatives told FOX Business at CERAWeek Monday that the U.S. is effectively at its capacity for oil and gas production under the current regulatory framework. They said that it would take at least months or even years of investment in extraction and infrastructure to significantly increase output and potentially backfill Europe's energy needs, which are currently filled by Russia

But the administration needs to create the proper regulatory environment for that to happen, they said.

"There's a lack of investment," Beyer said. "We need capital to be able to develop these assets. And certainly while that is the choice of the investors, the rhetoric coming from the administration and everything that is anti-fossil fuel informs those choices."

What a crock of shit. Again, $174b in profits. I don't want to hear about a lack of investment. Invest in yourselves like virtually every other company has to.

They're being greedy as fuck over this 'pause' that Biden issued. It's all posturing. The pause has NO EFFECT on current leases.

• Onshore, of the more than 26 million acres under lease to the oil and gas industry, nearly 13.9 million (or 53%) of those acres are unused and non-producing.
  • Offshore, of the more than 12 million acres of public waters under lease, over 9.3 million (or 77%) of those acres are unused and non-producing.
  • Onshore and offshore, the oil and gas industry is sitting on approximately 7,700 unused, approved permits to drill.

To use a page from your book: "Biden bad, oil execs good."

BS the reality is the Buck Admin is NOT friendly to the sector as they choose the green agenda above all else. The same shit was occurring prior to trump, they are always trying to force their will onto everybody else in the name of self righteous greater good no matter who it hurts, which is the poor more than anyone else! Energy was high before trump and it's once again high post trump. that's not a coincidence. I hope these GD authoritarians lose in the largest landslide the country has ever seen and they never succeed in mail in covid harvest ever again.

========================

Joe Biden made yet another bonehead move recently by vowing not to buy Russian oil but instead buy from Venezuela and Iran ? two madmen who abuse their citizens and one is a state sponsor of terror.

Yeah, let?s make the state sponsor of terror rich, that makes perfect sense, Joe.

Meanwhile, we could avoid all this nonsense and be energy independent, like we were under President Trump, but Joe Biden canceled all that in the name of ?climate change.?

That?s the bad news? the good news is that Republicans are two steps ahead of Joe and have introduced brilliant legislation to stop Biden dead in his tracks.

The Republican Study Committee (RSC) Tuesday unveiled new legislation to block the United States from purchasing oil products from Iran, arguing the Biden administration needs to focus on boosting domestic energy supplies rather than funding terrorist regimes.

The legislation, called the ?No Oil From Terrorists Act,? is especially timely as President Biden announced a ban on Russian oil imports to the U.S. on Tuesday amid bipartisan pressure as Russia continues its invasion of Ukraine. Meanwhile, the United States is in active negotiations in Vienna to restart the Iran nuclear deal, which former President Donald Trump pulled out of in 2018.

The GOP members of Congress want to prevent any circumstance in which the Biden administration tries to replace the Russian oil with new imports from Iran amid rising gas prices. They say Biden should lift his executive orders that canceled the Keystone XL pipeline from Canada and froze new oil and gas leases on federal lands.

When Joe Biden crushed the American energy industry on day one of his presidency, he left Americans dependent on our foreign adversaries for oil,? said Rep. Jim Banks, R-Ind., and chairman of the RSC. ?This sent gas prices through the roof and allowed Putin to fund his unprovoked war.?

https://waynedupree.com/2022/03/republicans-biden-energy/

Last edited:
From your article which I deeply regret giving a click:

What a crock of shit. Again, $174b in profits. I don't want to hear about a lack of investment. Invest in yourselves like virtually every other company has to.

They're being greedy as fuck over this 'pause' that Biden issued. It's all posturing. The pause has NO EFFECT on current leases.

• Onshore, of the more than 26 million acres under lease to the oil and gas industry, nearly 13.9 million (or 53%) of those acres are unused and non-producing.
  • Offshore, of the more than 12 million acres of public waters under lease, over 9.3 million (or 77%) of those acres are unused and non-producing.
  • Onshore and offshore, the oil and gas industry is sitting on approximately 7,700 unused, approved permits to drill.

To use a page from your book: "Biden bad, oil execs good."

it's not a crock at all. I'm with you 100% that the capital needs to come from the industry and not the taxpayers - I've said many times, i'm as maybe even more opposed to corporate welfare as nanny state welfare. But it's absolutely true that the capacity constraint is coming from Joe Biden's decision to halt new leases. The anti-fossil fuel stance of the administration is a HUGE reason capital isn't being deployed - many of those projects that make sense at $130/bbl would be way underwater at below $80/bbl. Oil companies would be crazy to spent the money they need to get that production up and running for just a year or so when all signs indicate Biden would go back to offshoring our energy supply as soon as this conflict is resolved.

And I don't really care about Europe - they can fend for themselves, we need to produce to reduce domestic prices. Psaki dismisses the idea that Biden is responsible for any of this making outrageous claims like cancelling Keystone had no effect because we're still importing oil from Canada. It's a complete lie and she knows it because any fool can see we could be importing that oil and more WITH Keystone up and running. She's a freakin' liar who thinks the American people are morons - she's right about the half that are programmed to agree with everything her team says.

Last edited:
I guess by the end of the day it doesn't matter anymore, the current timeline is horrendous and I'm not going to dwell on it, enjoy what time we have left.

it's not a crock at all. I'm with you 100% that the capital needs to come from the industry and not the taxpayers - I've said many times, i'm as maybe even more opposed to corporate welfare as nanny state welfare. But it's absolutely true that the capacity constraint is coming from Joe Biden's decision to halt new leases. The anti-fossil fuel stance of the administration is a HUGE reason capital isn't being deployed - many of those projects that make sense at $130/bbl would be way underwater at below $80/bbl. Oil companies would be crazy to spent the money they need to get that production up and running for just a year or so when all signs indicate Biden would go back to offshoring our energy supply as soon as this conflict is resolved.

And I don't really care about Europe - they can fend for themselves, we need to produce to reduce domestic prices. Psaki dismisses the idea that Biden is responsible for any of this making outrageous claims like cancelling Keystone had no effect because we're still importing oil from Canada. It's a complete lie and she knows it because any fool can see we could be importing that oil and more WITH Keystone up and running. She's a freakin' liar who thinks the American people are morons - she's right about the half that are programmed to agree with everything her team says.

Now, I ain?t no expert in the subject, but it seems counterintuitive that the non-existence to a North American conduit for energy product would have zero effect.

Now, I ain?t no expert in the subject, but it seems counterintuitive that the non-existence to a North American conduit for energy product would have zero effect.

I wouldn't consider myself an expert either. It just goes to show, you don't have to be an expert to see through the bullshit, you just have to not be a partisan hack that doesn't question anything your side says. Upside is we both look like experts compared to these morons.

Last edited:
I wouldn't consider myself an expert either. It just goes to show, you don't have to be an expert to see through the bullshit, you just have to not be a partisan hack that doesn't question anything your side says. Upside is we both look like experts compared to these morons.

Says literally the biggest partisan hack on this board.

I'm not sure if I'm the one being references as a 'partisan hack' but I didn't say a completed Keystone XL pipeline wouldn't effect oil prices/production. I said as of now it would've made no difference because it wouldn't have been completed and even once completed would take time to effect the markets.

I'm also skeptical, and have been from the start, that oil companies would use the pipeline in a way that would drastically change our dependency on foreign oil. Output from Keystone is equal to about 10% of what we get from Russia, which isn't that much to begin with.

I'm not sure if I'm the one being references as a 'partisan hack' but I didn't say a completed Keystone XL pipeline wouldn't effect oil prices/production. I said as of now it would've made no difference because it wouldn't have been completed and even once completed would take time to effect the markets.

I'm also skeptical, and have been from the start, that oil companies would use the pipeline in a way that would drastically change our dependency on foreign oil. Output from Keystone is equal to about 10% of what we get from Russia, which isn't that much to begin with.

I?m hearing that one of the primary causes of the spike at the pump is the skyrocketing price of commodities oil futures. I?m reading about ?panic buying? oil; I?m assuming that includes panic in the futures markets.

You don?t find much about futures markets on standard web searches, mostly because very few people know what futures are.

Makin? a long story short, I don?t have a crystal ball and I?m pretty sure neither does Jen Psaki.

It is, again, I?ll use the term, counterintuitive to me that the pipeline not being scheduled to come online, as opposed to being scheduled to come online, is having zero effect on the oil futures markets.

I?m hearing that one of the primary causes of the spike at the pump is the skyrocketing price of commodities oil futures. I?m reading about ?panic buying? oil; I?m assuming that includes panic in the futures markets.

You don?t find much about futures markets on standard web searches, mostly because very few people know what futures are.

Makin? a long story short, I don?t have a crystal ball and I?m pretty sure neither does Jen Psaki.

It is, again, I?ll use the term, counterintuitive to me that the pipeline not being scheduled to come online, as opposed to being scheduled to come online, is having zero effect on the oil futures markets.

Funny how prices at the pump on oil/fuel that's already been refined and delivered is subject to those market's increases almost immediately yet when OPEC announced they would immediately release extra barrels and the price dropped considerably to correct the market, nothing changed on our end.

Funny peculiar, not funny haha.

Funny how prices at the pump on oil/fuel that's already been refined and delivered is subject to those market's increases almost immediately yet when OPEC announced they would immediately release extra barrels and the price dropped considerably to correct the market, nothing changed on our end.

Funny peculiar, not funny haha.

I dunno.

I guess I first heard about OPEC and garnered an idea of who they are and what they do 50 years ago.

Seems to me the price of barrels of oil have gone up and down and up and down over the course of that half century, related to or not related to something or anything OPEC did or didn?t do, and over the course of that half century, prices at the pump seemed to go up or down in correlation with what the price of barrels of oil were doing.

Last edited:

From what I saw reported last night premier of Alberta says if started back up it could be producing in less than a year. If it had not been stopped it would be flowing by now producing 900k barrels per day.

From what I saw reported last night premier of Alberta says if started back up it could be producing in less than a year. If it had not been stopped it would be flowing by now producing 900k barrels per day.

We should probably pull the trigger on things that could have an impact in under a year. Maybe 2.

This message brought to you from your friendly, neighborhood climate change fearmonger.

We should probably pull the trigger on things that could have an impact in under a year. Maybe 2.

This message brought to you from your friendly, neighborhood climate change fearmonger.

I got my I did that Buck gas pump stickers yesterday, technically that would be considered vandalism so I'll look for ways to use them without actually pealing it. I hear MI is going to pause the gas tax for 6 months not sure what that means for the road funds but I'm sure that tax will find away to shift elsewhere.

I got my I did that Buck gas pump stickers yesterday, technically that would be considered vandalism so I'll look for ways to use them without actually pealing it. I hear MI is going to pause the gas tax for 6 months not sure what that means for the road funds but I'm sure that tax will find away to shift elsewhere.

Complaining about gas prices; complaining about a tax he believes is coming; buying nonsensical stickers....the circle of lunacy

Joe Biden is imploding in front of the world in real time.

On Friday following a supposedly two-hour phone call with Chinese dictator Xi Jinping, reporters swarmed Biden with questions about what was said.

Biden ignored questions while blankly staring at the reporters and squirming until White House staff intervened, cutting the audio feed before cutting the video feed.

Biden?s deer-in-the-headlights expression says it all:

https://twitter.com/bennyjohnson/status/1505976785724448771?s=20&t=-OIOXplMCEZmODJ0HETWoQ

Back