Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Ann Coulter Tweets in Favor of AOC 70% TMR

Saw this while browsing the interwebs, thought it was relevant to the thread:

5jofqb18pdd21.jpg

strawmanhack and tigermud look a lot different than I expected.

nice strawman - at the risk of sounding like gulo you're reading things that aren't there.

Isn't this your go-to move now?

You're reading things that aren't there.
...No, you're reading things that aren't there.

You're being nit-picky.
...No, you're being nit-picky.

You're bringing in baggage you heard somewhere else.
...No, you.

You think grilling hotdogs is barbecue.
...No, you.

Last edited:
Well if you don't know, that rules out anybody who's anybody in CA.

We need a "list of everybody famous tinsel knows" thread.

off the top of my head:
Bob Odenkirk, Lloyd Carr, & Harry Dean Stanton (RIP)

there was that soul singer who died; can't remember his name, or find the thread right now.

and he also knew Don Canham's daughter, was a degree removed from the Harbaugh boys, and knows a lot of people who went to Wines Elementary in Ann Arbor.

there are probably
a couple more I'm missing.

Also raise marginal tax rates through the roof on billionaires.

fuck em. let them go live in their tax shelters full time.

We need a "list of everybody famous tinsel knows" thread.

off the top of my head:
Bob Odenkirk, Lloyd Carr, & Harry Dean Stanton (RIP)

there was that soul singer who died; can't remember his name, or find the thread right now.

and he also knew Don Canham's daughter, was a degree removed from the Harbaugh boys, and knows a lot of people who went to Wines Elementary in Ann Arbor.

there are probably
a couple more I'm missing.

Also raise marginal tax rates through the roof on billionaires.

fuck em. let them go live in their tax shelters full time.

Cuba Gooding.

We closed down a few bars together back in the day.

We sang Smokey Robinson songs together.

He thought he should have been Smokey.

I used to sing karaoke with Harry too.

His favorite was ?Harbor Lights.?

Isn't this your go-to move now?

You're reading things that aren't there.
...No, you're reading things that aren't there.

You're being nit-picky.
...No, you're being nit-picky.

You're bringing in baggage you heard somewhere else.
...No, you.

You think grilling hotdogs is barbecue.
...No, you.

No, this isn't remotely close to describing what's happening here. I guess it's a lot easier to throw out the I'm rubber/your glue accusations than admitting you're a pedantic nit picker who constantly denies saying what he's said, reframing arguments and movingthe goal posts.

Last edited:
No, this isn't remotely close to describing what's happening here. I guess it's a lot easier to throw out the I'm rubber/your glue accusations than admitting you're a pedantic nit picker who constantly denies saying what he's said, reframing arguments and movingthe goal posts.

Add it to the list:

You're moving the goalposts.
...No, you.

Cuba Gooding.

We closed down a few bars together back in the day.

We sang Smokey Robinson songs together.

He thought he should have been Smokey.

I used to sing karaoke with Harry too.

His favorite was ?Harbor Lights.?

Awesome. I assume you mean Cuba Gooding Sr.

I have a copy of a Main Ingredient album when he was their singer, Euphrates River.

I showed it to my brother when he was visiting over xmas; I said, "hey check this out, that's Cuba Gooding Jr.'s dad."

he flipped his shit. like he really was impressed. i didn't expect that.

you left out reframing.

That's cool. I do reframe arguments. I rarely wholly agree or disagree with something as another poster puts it so I reframe the particular part I have an opinion about and just talk about that. Do it all the time.

you left out reframing.

making up lists and bullshit accusations sure beats arguing the facts, right?

Whoa. I saw him try to argue facts with you, way longer than he should've.

He finally gave up when you kept pulling logical fallacies out of your ass instead of responding in kind, or acknowleding any points he made. You managed to make the most patient poster here lose his patience.

That's quite an achievement, in a way.

Whoa. I saw him try to argue facts with you, way longer than he should've.

He finally gave up when you kept pulling logical fallacies out of your ass instead of responding in kind, or acknowleding any points he made. You managed to make the most patient poster here lose his patience.

That's quite an achievement, in a way.

that's not true at all, like you, he's basically ignored every substantive argument I've made here and in the border security thread and instead focused on things like the rhetorical impact of words I used (then without any sense of irony accused me of reading things into his posts).

Your entire posting history is a logical fallacy. You have never once disputed anything I've said. Instead, you accuse me of saying what you want to believe all conservatives think, then arguing against that, sprinkling in ad hominem attacks.

You have no credibility here. It's a mystery to me why he consistently comes to your aide like an enabling parent indulging a spoiled child. Seems like someone as smart as him would know better. He's projected your and his shortcoming onto me and now has resorted to writing dismissive lists accusing me of all the things he does regularly.

that's not true at all, like you, he's basically ignored every substantive argument I've made here and in the border security thread and instead focused on things like the rhetorical impact of words I used (then without any sense of irony accused me of reading things into his posts).

What do you mean when you say I ignore your substantive arguments? Given that I laid out why I don't think I know how much wall is needed, what fact am I supposed to address?

link to the post I'm talking about: http://www.detroitsportsforum.com/showpost.php?p=882353&postcount=64

Last edited:
What do you mean when you say I ignore your substantive arguments? Given that I laid out why I don't think I know how much wall is needed, what fact am I supposed to address?

link to the post I'm talking about: http://www.detroitsportsforum.com/showpost.php?p=882353&postcount=64

that's right, you wrote one editorial post that doesn't refute and barely address anything I said about the border after a couple of pages of insults and nit picking the rhetorical impact of my choice of vocabulary. Boy did I get it wrong.

Awesome. I assume you mean Cuba Gooding Sr.

I have a copy of a Main Ingredient album when he was their singer, Euphrates River.

I showed it to my brother when he was visiting over xmas; I said, "hey check this out, that's Cuba Gooding Jr.'s dad."

he flipped his shit. like he really was impressed. i didn't expect that.

Well yeah.

But until he named his son for himself, and then his son made his own name for himself, he was pretty much just Cuba Gooding.

that's right, you wrote one editorial post that doesn't refute and barely address anything I said about the border after a couple of pages of insults and nit picking the rhetorical impact of my choice of vocabulary. Boy did I get it wrong.
Why is there an expectation that I should refute what you say? I agree with the bit about Dems playing politics with the degree to which they'll argue against adding any wall now.

I thought the phrase 'border denialist' involved some rhetorical flourish. Did I insult you over it? Pages of insults and nit-picking?

...and I still don't know what substantive argument was I supposed to address.

Back