Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Ann Coulter Tweets in Favor of AOC 70% TMR

Other than the jobs they expected, what has Wisconsin lost? Was it all tax breaks or did they sink a lot of money into this?

No money was invested. FoxCON only receives tax breaks for the goals it meets.

Free (failed) campaign publicity for Walker was the real value.

Why do you guys keep interrupting my cool story with this irrelevant and unsubstantial shit?

It?s like the 50th or 60th best story of my life.

Also, $840 million in Venezuelan gold is about 2 pallets of bullion bars which is also about the weight limit for a semi truck.

Also, $840 million in Venezuelan gold is about 2 pallets of bullion bars which is also about the weight limit for a semi truck.

you are going to have to get some special pallets to hold 20,000 lbs of gold. A typical pallet can hold about 4,000 lbs of material. 10 pallets @ 4000 lbs is probably a better load for the semi. Much better weight distribution as well.

Maybe I'll go over there and talk about something else, like the jasmine I think about when I'm feeling good.

Did you know that my sweet baby German Shepherd/wolf that died six months ago her name was Jasmine?

Or is it just a coincidence?

Anyway I started the thread.

Oh obviously Michael Weatherly. I?ve met him a couple of times when I was out walking my dogs. So add him to the list of famous people I know.

Ed Begley Junior is another animal person I?ve met through animal stuff.

Count Leah Remini and Linda Blair in that category too.

Did you know that my sweet baby German Shepherd/wolf that died six months ago her name was Jasmine?

I didn't. I think that would be a great name from a dog recognition standpoint. I know a German Shepherd named Ariel.

My wife is opposed to German Shepherds, Huskies, and other wolf-lookin' dogs. I know that because I've proposed adding one to our pack.

I didn't. I think that would be a great name from a dog recognition standpoint. I know a German Shepherd named Ariel.

My wife is opposed to German Shepherds, Huskies, and other wolf-lookin' dogs. I know that because I've proposed adding one to our pack.

Jasmine was snow white in color. And she was partly wolf.

It?s been six months to the day. Kind of melancholy day thinking of it. I had her for 14 1/2 years.

Jasmine was snow white in color. And she was partly wolf.

It?s been six months to the day. Kind of melancholy day thinking of it. I had her for 14 1/2 years.
Do you have Thirsty Dog Brewing out there? Sometimes, when I'm feeling melancholy about my last dog, I go get a sixer of this:
beer_13613

old leghumper?
Yeah. He was a good dog, except he was really embarrassing when certain other people came over.

So it cracks me up now to think about it, plus that dog on the label is sort of funny.

Last edited:
Um.... Okay...

so...

Hey, here's two stories the tax cut fanboys (aka billionaire bootlickers) won't like:

$1.5 trillion tax cut had no major impact on business spending (this was entirely predictable)

FoxConn dialing it's planned investment in manufacturing in Wisconsin WAY down, while whining about American labor being too costly. Remember dipshits Gov. Walker and Trump praising this corporate handout as job creation... How little investment has Foxconn actually made?
Foxconn was required to invest $10 billion and create 13,000 jobs to get the full incentives.

It had already fallen short last year, hiring 178 full-time employees rather than the 260 targeted, and failed to earn a state tax credit worth up to $9.5 million.

I guess the people who wrote that first story missed all the bonuses, stock buybacks, wage increases, etc, etc that were announced in the wake of the tax cut. And it's been a year, one in which congress changed hands and the global economy has slowed significantly. maybe we should give it a little more time to see what happens - particularly to the tax cuts themselves. you do realize when tax cuts are one time or temporary, companies tend to save them because they can't count on them being long term, right?

As for the second story, you're kinda missing the point there - American labor, particularly in union heavy states like Wisconsin is TOO expensive. That's a point some here have been making for years. Thanks for providing even more evidence.

Last edited:
if only Foxconn had some "unaccountable bureaucrat" in Wisconsin government (well... other than Scott Walker) they might have made more money for themselves there.

you probably should have read the article before you posted it, this is your Jim Acosta moment - you know the one where he is standing at the border for that gotcha piece not knowing he's actually proving to the world that walls work.

Former governor Walker said the tax incentives are contingent on Foxcon meeting hiring targets and the article says they didn't get the incentives because they missed the targets.

It also says they've shifted gears from manufacturing to research because the US it too expensive to be competitive in LCD production, i.e. labor costs too much. They also site the global economic slowdown, which if you know anything about the global economy, that's actually happening.

Sounds like walker and his team structured the deal properly so the people of Wisconsin wouldn't be left high and dry and out billions of dollars.

good job michacosta.

Last edited:
Back