Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Anyone else get zapped by that virus?

Michchamp

I had my laptop open as I commented in the Wayne State thread...

one second everything is fine, the next "Win 7 Antispyware 2012" had taken over my system.

Thanks a lot Monster...

You better clean up this cesspool if you want us to keep coming here!

MichChamp02 said:
I had my laptop open as I commented in the Wayne State thread...

one second everything is fine, the next "Win 7 Antispyware 2012" had taken over my system.

Thanks a lot Monster...

You better clean up this cesspool if you want us to keep coming here!

got vista defender from a lions thread 2 days ago lol.

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]Buy a mac

that's the same thing my asshole techie friend said when I called him about it.

Luckily I had my work laptop here, and could go online to find a solution. would've been FUCKED otherwise.

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]uhhh..wtf? i haven't seen any of this shit.

didn't proboards just fight off some other kind of attack the other day? this sucks.

checked the proboards support and this was a response to a similar issue regarding viruses in the ads...

"As Steve mentioned, just in case you can report the ads that were on the page to us, but it is extremely unlikely that could be the source of any problems. We use SiteScout.net to scan ads to ensure no such problems occur."

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]checked the proboards support and this was a response to a similar issue regarding viruses in the ads...

"As Steve mentioned, just in case you can report the ads that were on the page to us, but it is extremely unlikely that could be the source of any problems. We use SiteScout.net to scan ads to ensure no such problems occur."

not sure when I picked it up. another site said that virus is usually triggered later.

only thing I had running was this site though, so I assume it came through here.

I have a Mac... Sometimes the sites get slow but i see it as my warrior mac computer fighting off the filthy little creatures that are running around on the world wide web... Please tell me some computer whiz why Microsoft cannot offer protection.. My kid has a laptop PC and he is bugging me to buy him virus protection for it.. What a freaking scam... Someone open up the Cryonic-chamber and get Steven jobs back to work.. Man what a visionary.. A computer that can fight off attacks.. Now that is customer service.. RIP Steve.

I don't understand how people get so many viruses. I've had to walk my dad through a lot of step by step instructions to fix his laptop. I have a PC, I don't have an antivirus, and I never have any problems and my computer is as fast as the day i bought it. I think everybody just needs to stay of shady sites
laugh.png

But hopefully whatever it was didn't come from here. It'll jump all over my antivirusless computer!

And while I wouldn't ever buy a mac, i will say that they do a good job fending off attacks.

MichChamp02 said:
[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]Buy a mac

that's the same thing my asshole techie friend said when I called him about it.

Luckily I had my work laptop here, and could go online to find a solution. would've been FUCKED otherwise.

Yup, no problem here on my mac laptop. Although, I didn't have a problem with my work PC during the week at all.

jmakula87 said:
I don't understand how people get so many viruses. I've had to walk my dad through a lot of step by step instructions to fix his laptop. I have a PC, I don't have an antivirus, and I never have any problems and my computer is as fast as the day i bought it. I think everybody just needs to stay of shady sites
laugh.png

But hopefully whatever it was didn't come from here. It'll jump all over my antivirusless computer!

And while I wouldn't ever buy a mac, i will say that they do a good job fending off attacks.

It's actually quite simple. Even though places like google ad sense are really good at catching this - sometimes the writers of those ads that appear on this website, or like Mgoblog, can contain the virus that he's talking about. It downloads the ad and while doing so it also downloads and instals that stupid windows 2007 antivirus (which is a virus). Going to shady sites is one good way to get them - but I've gotten them from places that use google ad sense before (which is a LOT of common sites). You'd be surprised.

Going to shady sites is one good way to get them - but I've gotten them from places that use google ad sense before (which is a LOT of common sites). You'd be surprised.

So no reason to stop going to those shady sites then, I guess, right?

Apple (Mac) is only less susceptible because virus creators target Win-based systems, because there are so many more of them (bang per buck). my Mac and iPad and have kept me fortunate this way.

Yah, I never receive messages from my antivirus protection when I go to those shady sites. Of course, you have to be picky about which shady sites to go to.

I thought the reason that MAC got very little viruses was because people who design viruses basically just design them to invade PC's. Like Icetime says, more people have pc's, so the virus makers are targetting those people.

Recently, I've gotten attacks from this site and mgoblog. I wonder if its some mad Spartan.

there are all sorts of viruses out there and from all over

i got one last year that "controlled" my computer and kepts saying i need to fix the disk ,etc

it hadn't really destroyed anything but had to take it somewhere to be fixed

Hungry said:
Yah, I never receive messages from my antivirus protection when I go to those shady sites. Of course, you have to be picky about which shady sites to go to.

I thought the reason that MAC got very little viruses was because people who design viruses basically just design them to invade PC's. Like Icetime says, more people have pc's, so the virus makers are targetting those people.

Recently, I've gotten attacks from this site and mgoblog. I wonder if its some mad Spartan.

Basically, yes. And until the majority of people have Macs - it will likely stay this way. And since Macs are $1000+ I doubt the majority of people will be getting them any time soon.

MAIZEandBLUE09 said:
Hungry said:

Basically, yes. And until the majority of people have Macs - it will likely stay this way. And since Macs are $1000+ I doubt the majority of people will be getting them any time soon.

So when we all own Mac's, what will you think happens? That's right, people will design virus for Mac's. That's the one advantage of being less popular.

Back