Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Bentley waived

The only thing I could find is that he missed 2 games in 4 years because of an ankle injury.

I was curious about all the injuries too, this seems to be a recurring theme with Mayhew picks. Either this team is just incredibly unlucky or there's something deeper.

I think Slay is the only 2nd round pick so far that hasn't missed any significant time due to injury (or insanity).

NFL is much tougher than college for injuries. Especially the sun belt where Bentley played. Less wear and tear.

The only thing I could find is that he missed 2 games in 4 years because of an ankle injury.

I was curious about all the injuries too, this seems to be a recurring theme with Mayhew picks. Either this team is just incredibly unlucky or there's something deeper.

I think Slay is the only 2nd round pick so far that hasn't missed any significant time due to injury (or insanity).

Before anyone calls jinx, I call reverse jinx!

Does anyone know if Bentley had injury concerns in college? I know every teams has injuries, but it feels sometimes like the Lions get more than their fair share in young players. Do we have issues with our training staff?

I've wondered the same thing myself. I have to imagine it's just plain bad luck. Unless the Lions ask players to do something specific during practice that leads to these issues, and there has never been evidence to suggest that, it's just a 20 year streak of shitty luck.

Reggie Brown
Stephen Boyd
Bryant Westbrook
Kevin Jones
Kevin Smith
Charles Rogers
Bill Bentley
Nevin Lawson
Ryan Broyles
Mikel LeShoure
Jahvid Best
Daniel Bullocks
Kyle Van Noy
Brian Calhoun
Teddy Lehman
Germane Crowell

That entire list of players had injuries that had a big part in either ending a career (Westbrook) or derailing a promising one (Best).

Regarding Seisay....this is an article from Michael Rothstein written early yesterday.....

With Bentley and Nevin Lawson not participating in team activities and a lot of reps to go around because Alex Carter was at Stanford for half of OTAs, there was a chance for Seisay to put himself in a good position heading into camp. He didn’t stand out at all during the OTAs open to the media or in minicamp and seemed to be the cornerback I often wrote down when a receiver made a big play. Special teams could still help him and he’s practice-squad eligible, but barring injuries, Seisay has a long road to the 53-man roster at this point.

Regarding Seisay....this is an article from Michael Rothstein written early yesterday.....

With Bentley and Nevin Lawson not participating in team activities and a lot of reps to go around because Alex Carter was at Stanford for half of OTAs, there was a chance for Seisay to put himself in a good position heading into camp. He didn?t stand out at all during the OTAs open to the media or in minicamp and seemed to be the cornerback I often wrote down when a receiver made a big play. Special teams could still help him and he?s practice-squad eligible, but barring injuries, Seisay has a long road to the 53-man roster at this point.

Oh Seisay stands out.........he gets burned all the time.....everyone notices that except the resident moron.

I've wondered the same thing myself. I have to imagine it's just plain bad luck. Unless the Lions ask players to do something specific during practice that leads to these issues, and there has never been evidence to suggest that, it's just a 20 year streak of shitty luck.

Reggie Brown
Stephen Boyd
Bryant Westbrook
Kevin Jones
Kevin Smith
Charles Rogers
Bill Bentley
Nevin Lawson
Ryan Broyles
Mikel LeShoure
Jahvid Best
Daniel Bullocks
Kyle Van Noy
Brian Calhoun
Teddy Lehman
Germane Crowell

That entire list of players had injuries that had a big part in either ending a career (Westbrook) or derailing a promising one (Best).

We play bush and calvin on bum ankles and get them more injured. We have the dumbest training staff in the league hands down. Nothing to do with bad luck.

Last edited:
We play bush and calvin on bum ankles and get them more injured. We have the dumbest training staff in the league hands down. Nothing to do with bad luck.

I don't believe it is bad luck either. Some of the picks were high risk that didn't pan out and others are just injuries that happen on every team. Over the course of 20 years every team in the league is going to have a list similar to this.

Sometimes you have to play through pain in the NFL. It's not like we struggle when we lost Calvin either. 3-0 without him.

Sometimes you have to play through pain in the NFL. It's not like we struggle when we lost Calvin either. 3-0 without him.

They were both out twice as long as they needed to be. ...solely because our training staff is a bunch of morons. There's no excuse for that.

They were both out twice as long as they needed to be. ...solely because our training staff is a bunch of morons. There's no excuse for that.
And you know this how? Some first hand knowledge nobody else in the world is privy too? That's a pretty weak argument to try and blame this on the team.

No. No they weren't. Injuries and re-injures happen. Decoys are used sometimes. You have no clue what the training staff actually did and what the actual diagnosis was.

and we went 3-0 without Calvin. Who cares.

And you know this how? Some first hand knowledge nobody else in the world is privy too? That's a pretty weak argument to try and blame this on the team.

how do I know? Because they had sprained ankles. Were brought back to soon or left on the field while injured....and then were both reinjured.

That is how I know...

how do I know? Because they had sprained ankles. Were brought back to soon or left on the field while injured....and then were both reinjured.

That is how I know...

You don't know the diagnosis and what the player said to play.

Sprained ankles happen and can get reinjured no matter the time frame.

Calvin took a bit of a cheap shot too.

Last edited:
You don't know the diagnosis and what the player said to play.

Sprained ankles happen and can get reinjured no matter the time frame.

Calvin took a bit of a cheap shot too.

its a very easy test to see if an ankle is back to 100%. Something as simple as range of motion. Neither of them were even close to 100%. Both of them were reinjured. It was dumb....

its a very easy test to see if an ankle is back to 100%. Something as simple as range of motion. Neither of them were even close to 100%. Both of them were reinjured. It was dumb....

Nope. If they can play through pain they could have helped. Decoys work too. Unlucky injuries in the first place.

We could get a full 16 out of Calvin this year. We went 3-0 without him. Moving on.

Nope. If they can play through pain they could have helped. Decoys work too. Unlucky injuries in the first place.

We could get a full 16 out of Calvin this year. We went 3-0 without him. Moving on.

yup...neither worked....both reinjured. Great job lions!

Back