Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Brian Kelly interviewed at Philadelphia

Of the whole ordeal, his remarks related to AJ's Mom being hot and how QB's "get all the beautiful women" was the creepiest.

Dude's Mom isn't hot because her son is QB ...

They were both hot. Musberger was just being a guy and giving a compliment. She(Miss Alabama) actually thought Musberger should had never had to give an apology. Espn came down on the white man, but had to be pushed into going after Rob Parker. The network is total garbage.

They were both hot. Musberger was just being a guy and giving a compliment. She(Miss Alabama) actually thought Musberger should had never had to give an apology. Espn came down on the white man, but had to be pushed into going after Rob Parker. The network is total garbage.

I agree. People blew this out of proportion. He was paying a compliment to two beautiful women. If they were young girls or he said something inappropriate that would be a different story. It's not like be said that he would love to bang Mccarron's girlfriend from behind while him mom tickles his balls. Sheesh people.

Is it wrong that at one time I though he'd have made a great follow up to Lloyd back in the day?

If your name is Colt or Chase, and you are born in Texas, you are destined to be a quarterback.

Can we start a thread about the current androgynous, WASPy naming convention that is overtaking America? Cayden, Aiden, Dakotah, Brogan, etc.

Whatever happened to Steve and Bill and Ed? Good, solid American names

I read and artice a few days ago someone named there kid Hashtag and Espn has been used used as well. I will admit my daughter's name is a bit common but we spelled it differently. She gets pissed because no one ever says it right or spells it right.

The funny thing is, parents are using these names because they think they are unique, but now every ahole parent is naming their kid goofy shit. So, if you have a normal name, ie John, you are going to be the only John in the class.

I totally agree about the overreaction and think Musberger is great for just this stuff ...he's a partier. But when watching the game telecast the moment was remarkable and a bit odd --

I seem to recall a lot of camera time for Brady Quinn's sister who like Brady, was getting drilled by AJ Hawk at the time of that Fiesta Bowl.

Can we start a thread about the current androgynous, WASPy naming convention that is overtaking America? Cayden, Aiden, Dakotah, Brogan, etc.

Whatever happened to Steve and Bill and Ed? Good, solid American names

i agree. the traditional irish names coupled with people without a drop of irish blood annoy me a lot for some reason. in my younger cousins elementary school days there were 3 "connors" a caden and a bentley in a class of 12 boys. wtf? it seems like the dumber the parents, the dumber the kids names.

Avery, Cooper, and Corey.

My kids have friends with these names, they each represent a person of both genders. I can't believe I haven't fielded a question about why. My boys have boy names.

Avery, Cooper, and Corey.

My kids have friends with these names, they each represent a person of both genders. I can't believe I haven't fielded a question about why. My boys have boy names.

Corey was ruined by "the Coreys." It's also a stupid sounding name. Cooper is too. Sounds like a dog's name. Avery... meh. I think less common names are okay if they come from great men of history though: Conrad, Lawrence, Otto, Ethan, Ulysees, Marcus, Augustus, Frederick, etc.

the SSA runs a database of the most popular baby names for both genders by year. Government waste! It's kind of interesting though: link. I think for 2011, some of the top 10 girls names were arguably worse. :ugh: If I meet a Madison or a Chloe, or a Mia at a bar, it makes me want to puke.

as previously discussed... NEVER give your kid the middle name Wayne.

Last edited by a moderator:
My nephew was named "Riley" for about two days before being renamed "Avery" and now he's in pre-school ....with an Avery girl in his class.

My son has about the most traditional name possible - Biblical and the patron saint of travelers.

looking at friends who recently had kids on facebook: ones who I consider "dumber" went with Caden or Cayden, Connor, Maddie, etc. This includes my cousin, who was in theory intelligent, but did marry a buckeye grad.

Smarter friends went with normal names or names that were unique but sounded cool, as though the parents put some thought into it.

there are a few head scratchers though... like Felix. I wanted to write and ask them why they wanted their kid to grow up into a fat slob.

The one naming phenomenon I can't wrap my head around is the huge number if variations on "Aiden" like

Caden, Kayden, Cayden ...
Daden,
Jaden,

what is the appeal of the "aiden" as the root for so many names?

For girls these days amongst our friends we have a number of Sophias, Olivias and Evas

I'm pretty sure parents are having babies just to post pictures on Facebook.

"Here's me giving labor. Here is the head coming out."

What happened to life actually being special and valued? Now we need to f'ing tweet about it.

The one naming phenomenon I can't wrap my head around is the huge number if variations on "Aiden" like

Caden, Kayden, Cayden ...
Daden,
Jaden,

what is the appeal of the "aiden" as the root for so many names?

For girls these days amongst our friends we have a number of Sophias, Olivias and Evas

Yup, Aiden is another one that's just popped up in the last 10 years.

http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=aiden
(you have to scroll down a little to see the chart)

The most common age for someone named Aiden is 2.

Freakonomics had a chapter on baby names (correlation = causation of course). It had something to do with name trendsetters picking rare names that get really popular with everyone else a few years later. I can't remember if it was high income people or just celebrities or what that were the trendsetters.

Last edited:
I think Aiden really picked up popularity after that movie The Ring with that creepy ass kid.

Back