Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Coronainsanity

Public libraries are another thing that need to go away. Our county has a $47M budget for the public libraries. Every time I go by our local library there MIGHT be one car in the parking lot...and it's probably the librarian's car. Great use of taxpayer money.

Talk about a drop in the bucket. Almost vapor.

I?ll tell you right now that I ain?t submitting to any vaccine that that madman Bill Gates is concocting.

You were posting it at almost the same time I was posting my last post before this. Otherwise I would have quoted you.

Again, the link I posted says you CAN go from your own property to your own property.

According to Mud’s piece that was but is no longer the case. Here:

People will still be able to travel to other residences outside the state, but not to cottages or vacation rentals inside the state, the order says.

It also cites confirmation of the above from a Whitmer spokesperson:

The new order creates a few oddities. For example, it is still OK to travel north to visit a state park, but not to go to a cottage or home, Whitmer spokeswoman Tiffany Brown confirmed.

Last edited:
Talk about a drop in the bucket. Almost vapor.

For a county budget? That’s bigger than our k-12 budget and we have one of the best school districts in NJ. K-12 is almost 50% of our town’s budget - granted it’s not county wide but still $47mm doesn’t seem insignificant for a county budget. So I guess it depends on how big the overall budget is and how many libraries, wages, etc that $47mm supports - I bet it’s more than a drop in the bucket and definitely not like vapor.

I’m surprised to see our library and other local town libraries as busy as they are (pre-carona). I thought they’d go the way of the dodo now that everyone basically has a library they carry around with them every day.

Last edited:
For a county budget? That?s bigger than our k-12 budget and we have one of the best school districts in NJ. K-12 is almost 50% of our town?s budget - granted it?s not county wide but still $47mm doesn?t seem insignificant for a county budget. So I guess it depends on how big the overall budget is and how many libraries, wages, etc that $47mm supports - I bet it?s more than a drop in the bucket and definitely not like vapor.

I?m surprised to see our library and other local town libraries as busy as they are (pre-carona). I thought they?d go the way of the dodo now that everyone basically has a library they carry around with them every day.

All the kids use their library cards to get in.

Then they sneak out the side doors and they vape.

There will always be a demand for a venue for juveniles to congregate and engage in delinquency together.

For a county budget? That?s bigger than our k-12 budget and we have one of the best school districts in NJ. K-12 is almost 50% of our town?s budget - granted it?s not county wide but still $47mm doesn?t seem insignificant for a county budget. So I guess it depends on how big the overall budget is and how many libraries, wages, etc that $47mm supports - I bet it?s more than a drop in the bucket and definitely not like vapor.

I?m surprised to see our library and other local town libraries as busy as they are (pre-carona). I thought they?d go the way of the dodo now that everyone basically has a library they carry around with them every day.

I don't know...our county's operating budget is about $650M per year.

Yeah, disregard that post. I read 'country' not county. No idea how I made that mistake. I'm going crazy I tell ya.

According to Mud?s piece that was but is no longer the case. Here:

It also cites confirmation of the above from a Whitmer spokesperson:

Okay.

I posted a link in #210 that contradicts - it says one CAN go between their own properties in the state - blog seems to be called Record Eagle; I don?t think I?ve encountered it before.

So I don?t know which has it right.

Nonetheless, this guy is quoted in the link saying people aren?t going to their vacation homes, order or no.

Tinsel, have you heard this? I was talking to my LA brother last night who told me he was listening to talk radio when he heard a star that indicated the California or maybe it was LA county daily death toll during the corona outbreak has gone from 720 to 724. He also heard a separate point that reported deaths by heart attack (I believe this was national) have gone way down during the pandemic.

The point of this is not to say we are overreacting to the pandemic, but it makes you question if we are being kept in the dark when it comes to certain information.

Tinsel, have you heard this? I was talking to my LA brother last night who told me he was listening to talk radio when he heard a star that indicated the California or maybe it was LA county daily death toll during the corona outbreak has gone from 720 to 724. He also heard a separate point that reported deaths by heart attack (I believe this was national) have gone way down during the pandemic.

The point of this is not to say we are overreacting to the pandemic, but it makes you question if we are being kept in the dark when it comes to certain information.

I?m going to go way out on a limb and speculate that traffic fatalities are way down too; also probably workmans comp claims and a whole lot of shit that is generally not considered good.

I don?t know if we?re over reacting or not; I guess the discussion/debate will go on forever.

Tomorrow I intend to get tested to see if I already had the Covid and now have the antibodies; I suspect I might; I was sick in January, which I rarely am, and you?re probably reading that Cali was likely infested earlier than might have been originally thought.

So anyway, we?re all in this together.

I?m going to go way out on a limb and speculate that traffic fatalities are way down too; also probably workmans comp claims and a whole lot of shit that is generally not considered good.

I don?t know if we?re over reacting or not; I guess the discussion/debate will go on forever.

Tomorrow I intend to get tested to see if I already had the Covid and now have the antibodies; I suspect I might; I was sick in January, which I rarely am, and you?re probably reading that Cali was likely infested earlier than might have been originally thought.

So anyway, we?re all in this together.

again, same here - I'm not saying we are overreacting or we're not and I'm still following all of the protocols, but it's interesting.

You bring up some good points but I would say that if traffic is down from everyone staying home, then it follows that traffic related deaths would be down too. But stress isn't down, if anything it's up so I don't see any reason why, if it's true, deaths by heart attack would be way below normal, particularly if total deaths are flat or up small or even up big. Seems like a valid point and adds some weight to the concerns about how we are counting deaths attributed to the virus.

Allstate is giving customers $600M back based on lower accident totals/claims. I think State Farm is doing something similar.

Stephanopoulos tests positive.

The evidence is now undeniable - this infliction targets the Democratic coalition - blacks, liberal Hollywood celebrities and the liberal media - than it does anyone else.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cGMEmGBDXoE

so you're saying, as a conservative I may have a natural immunity to it?

Edit: this evidence isn't strong enough to draw that conclusion - Stephanopoulos getting it could just as easily be an indication that the virus is highly correlated with stupidity.

also, I fixed your link in my response but I can't do anything about the original.

Last edited:
so you're saying, as a conservative I may have a natural immunity to it?

Edit: this evidence isn't strong enough to draw that conclusion - Stephanopoulos getting it could just as easily be an indication that the virus is highly correlated with stupidity.

also, I fixed your link in my response but I can't do anything about the original.

Well, the evidence is anecdotal, but yes, maybe.

As a non-partisan pragmatist solution seeker, I am going to go and have myself tested either tomorrow or within the next few days.

If I have the antibodies I?m going to make as much plasma available to the people who are infected as the medical community allows me to.

Allstate is giving customers $600M back based on lower accident totals/claims. I think State Farm is doing something similar.

yeah, this article says driving miles are down 35%-50% even in areas not under shelter-in-place orders. Makes sense then that auto accidents and fatalities are down. I hope GEICO does the same thing.

Last edited:
again, same here - I'm not saying we are overreacting or we're not and I'm still following all of the protocols, but it's interesting.

You bring up some good points but I would say that if traffic is down from everyone staying home, then it follows that traffic related deaths would be down too. But stress isn't down, if anything it's up so I don't see any reason why, if it's true, deaths by heart attack would be way below normal, particularly if total deaths are flat or up small or even up big. Seems like a valid point and adds some weight to the concerns about how we are counting deaths attributed to the virus.

Right. I was using no data about traffic Desths at all, I was speculating ? although it?s hard to imagine that traffic deaths would be up; But ostensibly it was a joke.

I don?t know anything about the heart attack data but if heart attacks are down, maybe sheltering at home isn?t as stressful as everyone is claiming it is.

I don?t have the luxury, just about a month before the shit hit the fan I started a new business that is classified as critical and essential. Poor pitiful me, I don?t get to take a vacation paid through unemployment insurance.

Well, the evidence is anecdotal, but yes, maybe.

As a non-partisan pragmatist solution seeker, I am going to go and have myself tested either tomorrow or within the next few days.

If I have the antibodies I?m going to make as much plasma available to the people who are infected as the medical community allows me to.

I was sick with a really bad cough starting Christmas day. I waited until Jan 1 to go to the doctor because of my high deductible plan (thanks a lot Obama). The best guess was bronchitis which I was treated for but my symptoms progressed exactly how they were described online for bronchitis even without antibiotics. I have no idea if it was bronchitis, coronavirus, something else or all of the above but I'll probably do the same once I find a convenient place to get tested.

Back