Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Coronainsanity

My bride of 37 years is in grocery retail and she’s facing the abjectly ignorant and rude element of society that in no way is observing the so-called “social distancing” protocol. I’ve offered to be her personal bodyguard, but she has not accepted my offer so far. To date, neither of us has shown any symptoms of the Virus from China, but we have expressed our extreme distaste for the way it’s being portrayed and addressed at large. We’ve been “binge” watching disaster documentaries on topics like The Dust Bowl and WWI as examples to remind ourselves that mankind was equally ignorant, short-sighted, and that wee (sic) little people still bear the brunt of the measures taken by forces and entities larger than us, as those same forces never seem to suffer or are affected by its own errors of judgement.

Last edited:
No place around me can I get tested. Unless I have the big 3 symptoms for Covid19.

U.S. sailor from coronavirus-hit aircraft carrier dies after contracting virus

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A U.S. Navy sailor died on Monday after contracting the coronavirus aboard the U.S. aircraft carrier Theodore Roosevelt, whose captain was fired after warning his crew would die unnecessarily unless strong action was taken.

The sailor, the first active-duty U.S. servicemember to die from coronavirus complications, was admitted to intensive care on April 9 after being found unresponsive in his quarters. The sailor had tested positive exactly two weeks ago on March 30, the Navy said.

“The name of the Sailor is being withheld until 24 hours after next-of-kin notification,” the Navy said in a statement.

So far, about 12 percent of the Theodore Roosevelt’s crew of 4,800 have tested positive for COVID-19, the respiratory disease caused by the coronavirus - in one of the most visible demonstrations of how the pandemic is affecting the U.S. military.

Right. I was using no data about traffic Desths at all, I was speculating ? although it?s hard to imagine that traffic deaths would be up; But ostensibly it was a joke.

I don?t know anything about the heart attack data but if heart attacks are down, maybe sheltering at home isn?t as stressful as everyone is claiming it is.

I don?t have the luxury, just about a month before the shit hit the fan I started a new business that is classified as critical and essential. Poor pitiful me, I don?t get to take a vacation paid through unemployment insurance.

I'm not using data either, just second hand info which is why I'm not saying we are or are not overreacting. I think it's more likely the case that deaths from heart attacks and other fatal medical issues are being improperly classified as deaths due to Covid19.

I'm not representing it as data but I'm also not being sarcastic - except for the post about the skydiver, that was obviously a joke, but since we're pointing them out, I thought I should make that clear.

I keep trying to tell my wife that my buddies on DSF say she has little to worry about when she heads to the hospital for another shift. I think she's overreacting. Please help.

I keep trying to tell my wife that my buddies on DSF say she has little to worry about when she heads to the hospital for another shift. I think she's overreacting. Please help.

My wife doesn't recognize DSF posters as authoritative either, myself included sometimes. I think it goes back to the time we had dinner w/ Tinsel in LA - seems like ever since then, she's been a DSF skeptic.

I hope your wife and family stay safe and healthy, and you too - but you're a DSF poster so I don't worry so much about you.

So what is the president going to do? - deploy the national guard to go door to door in states and cities where local administrators want to keep tighter restrictions than the president wants them to, and tell people to get out of their houses and get back to work?

There are actually times when I’ve thought this guy has done a good job - then he says the wacky things he says, and I think “this shit here? - this is what I was afraid of.”

So what is the president going to do? - deploy the national guard to go door to door in states and cities where local administrators want to keep tighter restrictions than the president wants them to, and tell people to get out of their houses and get back to work?

There are actually times when I?ve thought this guy has done a good job - then he says the wacky things he says, and I think ?this shit here? - this is what I was afraid of.?

afraid? annoyed by the stupidity of it, sure but does anyone really fear that he can or would force people back to work?

Unless you mean fear in the sense that he's always one tweet or soundbyte away from shooting himself in the foot. I live with that near constant fear as well given that I agree with and like a lot of what he's done, but I constantly wonder how long it will last before his mouth gets him into more trouble.

afraid? annoyed by the stupidity of it, sure but does anyone really fear that he can or would force people back to work?

Unless you mean fear in the sense that he's always one tweet or soundbyte away from shooting himself in the foot. I live with that near constant fear as well given that I agree with and like a lot of what he's done, but I constantly wonder how long it will last before his mouth gets him into more trouble.

Yes.

This is what I mean.

What's the motivation for that? How does that actually earn favor among the people?

For starters, apparently hospitals are paid the medicare rate for every uninsured that dies of it. Is there anyone auditing the actual cause of death results? I'm not sure. What medical examiner is going to autopsy these folks given the risk? There has been more than one ICU nurse on twitter claiming this has been going on.

There's also this, from a Minnesota state senator, who also happens to be a physician.

https://www.valleynewslive.com/content/news/MN-Sen-Dr--569489461.html

For starters, apparently hospitals are paid the medicare rate for every uninsured that dies of it. Is there anyone auditing the actual cause of death results? I'm not sure. What medical examiner is going to autopsy these folks given the risk? There has been more than one ICU nurse on twitter claiming this has been going on.

There's also this, from a Minnesota state senator, who also happens to be a physician.

https://www.valleynewslive.com/content/news/MN-Sen-Dr--569489461.html

Assuming that's true, why would a hospital receive ANY rate if they die at home?

Back