Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Coronainsanity

Hey, you guys in Michigan - are the protests in Michigan primarily about the prohibition to travel from one home where you’ve been sheltering in place to another home you own, where you could continue to shelter in place?

That’s the primary difference between the prohibitions we have here in California and the prohibitions in Michigan – except we have garden supply stores open and they don’t, although I don’t know how much gardening is going to be going on in Michigan at this time of year.

Hey, you guys in Michigan - are the protests in Michigan primarily about the prohibition to travel from one home where you?ve been sheltering in place to another home you own, where you could continue to shelter in place?

That?s the primary difference between the prohibitions we have here in California and the prohibitions in Michigan ? except we have garden supply stores open and they don?t, although I don?t know how much gardening is going to be going on in Michigan at this time of year.

I don't think there were many people at the protests that could afford a second house. I saw some people talking about wanting to get back to work and getting back to "normal" life. The news crews tried to focus in on the redneck Trump supporters that were in the crowds with their signs and American flags.

I don't think there were many people at the protests that could afford a second house. I saw some people talking about wanting to get back to work and getting back to "normal" life. The news crews tried to focus in on the redneck Trump supporters that were in the crowds with their signs and American flags.

My wife's co-worker is an EMT and had difficulty getting into Sparrow on more than one occasion because of driveways being blocked. I don't care if they're Trumpets or not, they're fucking scumbags.

Hey, you guys in Michigan - are the protests in Michigan primarily about the prohibition to travel from one home where you?ve been sheltering in place to another home you own, where you could continue to shelter in place?

That?s the primary difference between the prohibitions we have here in California and the prohibitions in Michigan ? except we have garden supply stores open and they don?t, although I don?t know how much gardening is going to be going on in Michigan at this time of year.

It varies greatly. I've heard everything from wanting to get back to work to their 2nd amendment was being infringed upon because their local gun store was closed. The Bingo card is pretty full.

ImpartialGoldenCattle-size_restricted.gif

It varies greatly. I've heard everything from wanting to get back to work to their 2nd amendment was being infringed upon because their local gun store was closed. The Bingo card is pretty full.

ImpartialGoldenCattle-size_restricted.gif

Some people in Cali are grumbling about those things but there are no mass protects - it seems to me that the property rights infringements might have been the straw that broke the camel?s back.

Hey, you guys in Michigan - are the protests in Michigan primarily about the prohibition to travel from one home where you’ve been sheltering in place to another home you own, where you could continue to shelter in place?

That’s the primary difference between the prohibitions we have here in California and the prohibitions in Michigan – except we have garden supply stores open and they don’t, although I don’t know how much gardening is going to be going on in Michigan at this time of year.

Things are getting tension filled around here, I’ve had “friends” on fake book say that anyone who supports that protest in Lansing can unfriend me right now!! Sad, it’s sad what’s happening I disagree with him but didn’t unfriend him because it doesn’t have to be that way. But if this shit doesn’t get more measured soon, Katy bar the doors it’s all going to get real real quick imo

They shouldn’t have had it at the capital though I agree with that, it’s too close to sparrow where there are Covid patients there now. It wasn’t a good idea to clog up the traffic so close to the hospital. Really dumb actually but I support what they are “trying” to do. Things are getting a little bit too draconian around here.

Anyway, so I ventured out to chicom mart today saw pan handlers have started, store had the garden seed blocked off but not the guns or kites. Thought it was odd you can’t buy garden seed but you can still go fly a kite

I think the meijers have gone about things better than the chicom mart they took their door monitors and have them wipeing down carts for you now, sanitized and ready to go, smart, measured, reasonable, gives those door greeters something to do instead of just being annoying door statues. win win. Chicom mart still isn’t doing that.

https://banned.video/watch?id=5e9780ecc9cfda00ab341ada

Oh and I agree with candace again, I usually do, she is going to run. I knew she would, she will win. I digress, back to chicom mart we were out of Kleenex, wife goes through a lot of that shit, they didn’t have much left. I tried to buy two boxes and the checkout lady nazi said only one and took one away from me. WTF one box will last about 3 days in my house and I’ll have to go back for more sooner.. It’s all just stupid.

Whitmer is in over her head imo she is not a good leader, and shit man everything is shut down wouldn’t now be a good time to fix the damn roads. That was her campaign mantra, fix the damn roads! Pffst still not fixed, I think she means well but it’s not acceptable, I signed the recall petition

Last edited:
I don't think there were many people at the protests that could afford a second house.

I don?t know how things are now but when I was a kid I knew a lot of blue collar red necks that had little vacation houses - or so it seemed.

They liked to go boatin,? and fishin,? and shit.

My wife's co-worker is an EMT and had difficulty getting into Sparrow on more than one occasion because of driveways being blocked. I don't care if they're Trumpets or not, they're fucking scumbags.

There seem to be conflicting accounts. Here spokesperson John Foren says there were no access problems.

It seems to me the protesters went too far, but I think Whitmer has gone too far too - there are restrictions in Michigan that aren?t being imposed anywhere else in the country.

There seem to be conflicting accounts. Here spokesperson John Foren says there were no access problems.

It seems to me the protesters went too far, but I think Whitmer has gone too far too - there are restrictions in Michigan that aren?t being imposed anywhere else in the country.

it is insanity here. First of all, if you live in Toledo and have a vacation place in Traverse, you can legally drive there. But not if you live in Michigan and try to drive there. Home depot can sell light bulbs and paper towels, but they have to rope off the paint section and can't sell flooring, garden or furniture. If you are on a lake, you can canoe, but jet skis are prohibited.

Whitmer just had to put out an FAQ to the order that clarified that it was legal to buy child car seats, for goodness sake. This is the insanity that has gone on here. People are rightly upset about it. Quite honestly, there is going to come a time when business owners will just say, screw it, i'm reopening, fine me. There is only so long you can do this to people. Hopefully it opens before it comes to that, because it has the makings of being a really ugly situation.

I've met him a couple times, doesn't strike me as the kind of guy that would make it up. But maybe he's 'cookin the books' on how long it took him to get from A to B.

it's about more than that. According to the governor's rules, you can't buy certain "nonessential" things (seed, fertilizer, paint, American flags) at big box stores like Costco and Home Depot but you can buy those same products from your local Ace Hardware. As should be obvious to most people, this increases your exposure and your risk exponentially by forcing you to go to 2 or 3 stores instead of one and being exposed not just to the people at the store but all the people those people have been exposed to as well. good intentions or not, it's a bad policy and it needs to be fixed.

And it's just plain silly - if I'm buying groceries at Costco and I notice a barrel full of flags or a pallet of Scot's Weed & Feed with Crabgrass Preventer, why can't I buy them?

Last edited:
Some people in Cali are grumbling about those things but there are no mass protects - it seems to me that the property rights infringements might have been the straw that broke the camel?s back.

there is a mass protect order in California - it's just that Californians are too lazy to protest, except that time in 1992 when they did have some protests.

Anyone hear from MC? Haven’t seen him post since a day or so before Bernie ended his campaign - longest I’ve seen the board’s most prolific poster go silent. According to his profile, April 7 was his last post - 12 days has to be a record. I hope he’s ok.

Last edited:
Anyone hear from MC? Haven?t seen him post since a day or so before Bernie ended his campaign - longest I?ve seen the board?s most prolific poster go silent. According to his profile, April 7 was his last post - 12 days has to be a record. I hope he ok.

he's probably at home in lockdown like the rest of us. Now he can't sit at his work computer, racking up billable hours, while posting on DSF!

All kidding aside...I do hope he's OK

I’m watching this big at home around the world hoopla and the Rolling Stones are playing right now, and I’m thinking to myself “shit, Keith Richards plasma could probably build antibodies for just about anything.”

I hadn?t seen that before, but yeah...that?s what I?m talkin? about...

That stand up was my introduction to Robin Williams the comedian. Before that I only knew him from his relatively wholesome movie roles.

But yeah, as soon as I read your post I knew what I was linking. It was like he was speaking through you.

Back