Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Coronainsanity

I wonder how someone that lives in Detroit, New York/New Jersey, Boston, or Chicago would feel about that statement? Or someone in the healthcare industry that has had to convert their break room into a temporary morgue. Maybe the families that have to wait to bury their loved ones because they're buried in a trailer somewhere because there was no space.

This country has either a severe lack of empathy or has a ridiculous amount of people living paycheck to paycheck to want to 'get back to work'. The latter would surprise me considering how well I'm told the economy is (was) doing. I can't figure out which it is. Maybe a bit of both.

I'm certainly looking forward to the crackpot 'woke' theories about how this was all a scheme to sell vaccinations, ventilators, or to drive down oil. Maybe Alex Jones can head up that task force. I hear he needs more work lately.

Isn't it possible we could have isolated the elderly and immuno-compromised without shutting down the entire economy and sending millions of school kids home for 2 months without making things worse than they have been for hospitals and front-line workers? If that's the case, then I'd say yeah, we way overreacted. Too early to say, the jury is still out on this one. But these questions are legitimate and they don't show a lack of empathy so much as a distrust of authority.

Last edited:
Viruses are often named after the geography or animal of origin. The problem is so many of these are originating from third world Asian countries that they're going to start running out of names. First it was racist to call this one the Bat Flu then it was racist to call it the Wuhan Virus. Kung Flu seems pretty bullet proof though, don't see how anyone could find fault with that one.

That's most likely the point I missed. I must've missed the boat on that 'woke' outrage. I didn't have a problem with Byco calling it 'Virus from China', it just seemed very out of place for the most intelligent poster on DSF to use.

Went back and searched, apparently Trump said it in a couple tweets and people freaked out. Makes sense. Fuckin' hell, pick your battles.

I hope Kung Flu catches on.

I can't wait until Biden and Pelosi start bashing Trump for being overly cautious and destroying the economy. Obviously I'm being sarcastic but I wouldn't be at all surprised to see them do another 180 on this and blame him for overreacting. I have no doubt the media would let them get away with it.

It?s too soon to say.

There?s a fair chance they?re going to keep their powder dry, and see how the ?re-open? goes.

If there?s a spike in illness they won?t want to waste the opportunity to blame him for re-opening too soon.

?The media? is a term that?s always been used pretty broadly.

Sure, there?s a portion the media hostile to Trump, and conservatives in general, and we know they are.

Some of the media is sympathetic to Trump and conservatives, and we know who they are.

It is Weird seeing so few cars on the road. As far as the stay at home orders. Governors are damned if they do and damned if they don’t. I will always be on the side of saving lives. I hope we gradually open up and keep people as safe as possible. With the lack of any Federal guidance from the Oval Office puts Governor’s in a no win situation, and right on cue the nitwit president made it political pitting them against each other, and tweeting Liberate Minnesota, Michigan, Pennsylvania , and other states. Trump is nothing but a lying piece of crap. My wife is right behind the front lines. See can be exposed to this. I work for them part time picking up potential covid samples. No hazard pay for us lol ! There is just no one on the roads. Although there were more this week then last when I was out. I was busy yesterday. We will se what happens on Thursday when I head in a different direction.

have you not seen any of the federal guidelines from the administration? The administration has been getting praise from Cuomo and that what's-his-name-pretty-boy in Sacramento for the support they have given. you must have missed that too. The most recent guidelines were about opening the economy up and they were issued a few days before this post.

Last edited:
Isn't it possible we could have isolated the elderly and immuno-compromised without shutting down the entire economy and sending millions of school kids home for 2 months without making things worse than they have been for hospitals and front-line workers? If that's the case, then I'd say yeah, we way overreacted. Too early to say, the jury is still out on this one. But these questions are legitimate and they don't show a lack of empathy so much as a distrust of authority.

Could we have? Sure. You could probably even say most likely in some areas. I wonder what it would have been like if we'd have done more local or regional restrictions rather than state wide. But I also get that we weren't positive on how it was operating (the virus).

I wonder a lot about how we could have done things different. I wonder if maybe my kids didn't have to get completely shafted this year. My youngest is really going to be set back by this, despite our best efforts to educate at home.

But I also know that if this virus had turned out to be worse, even with our government's 'overreaction', it would not have been enough. I'm not looking forward to when we have a bug that is as bad as the experts fear and people look back at the Kung Flu and shrug thinking 'it won't be that bad'.

Covid-19?Navigating the Uncharted

?CDC does not know the exact number of COVID-19 illnesses, hospitalizations, and deaths for a variety of reasons.? Source: CDC.

WAPO on declining estimates of COVID 19 deaths

It?s staggering that the proponents of science?s veracity when it comes to Global Warming are the same people who are not in any way questioning the veracity of ?experts? who admit they have no idea how this virus spreads or how lethal it really is, yet also support all the measures that threaten the livelihoods and safety of millions of people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LG-so-8qwg

This ain?t Bob in the basement. It?s Faheed Zakaria saying that COVID-19 death-estimates are declining and that they were ?overestimated.? Also notice that he says the word ?believes? and ?estimates? a lot but never ?proves.?

WHO guy says COVID 19 is about to get a lot worse.

This is why I do my own investigations.

It shouldn't be surprising given that they don't question global warming "experts" either. They also shout down or completely ignore scientists who tell them that abortion destroys human babies. They're not actually the party of science, they only claim to be when it's convenient for them.

The answer is a resounding...maybe.

I don?t know that there?s ever going to be a consensus on that.

I?m probably going to always be of the opinion that we overreacted, but I could be wrong-we can?t go back in time and try it another way.

It?s too soon to say.

There?s a fair chance they?re going to keep their powder dry, and see how the ?re-open? goes.

If there?s a spike in illness they won?t want to waste the opportunity to blame him for re-opening too soon.

?The media? is a term that?s always been used pretty broadly.

Sure, there?s a portion the media hostile to Trump, and conservatives in general, and we know they are.

Some of the media is sympathetic to Trump and conservatives, and we know who they are.

they don't have to wait - Pelosi, De Blasio, Biden, they're all on record saying Trump was a racist authoritarian for the travel ban on China. De Blasio and Pelosi were both encouraging people to attend mass gatherings for Chinese New year and other events. And for a few weeks now, they've been blaming Trump for not shutting things down fast enough and almost no major media outlets are calling them out on it. They can pivot back to their original position with impunity and it won't surprise me a bit when they do.

have you not seen any of the federal guidelines from the administration? The administration has been getting praise from Cuomo and that what's-his-name-pretty-boy in Sacramento for the support they have given. you must have missed that too. The most recent guidelines were about opening the economy up and they were issued a few days before this post.

Newsom.

Gavin Newsom.

My friend back in Michigan is telling me that Witmer doesn?t do a daily news conference; they?ve been watching Cuomo?s Daily News conference instead.

Any, Newsom and Trump are having an on again off again bromance.

Not surprising, each pays meticulous attention to his own coif.

Our country has by far the most deaths (almost 45,000) and cases (800,000+) That is almost 10x the numbers that China reported (4,632 deaths & 82,758 cases). Did they under report by that much?

Could we have? Sure. You could probably even say most likely in some areas. I wonder what it would have been like if we'd have done more local or regional restrictions rather than state wide. But I also get that we weren't positive on how it was operating (the virus).

I wonder a lot about how we could have done things different. I wonder if maybe my kids didn't have to get completely shafted this year. My youngest is really going to be set back by this, despite our best efforts to educate at home.

But I also know that if this virus had turned out to be worse, even with our government's 'overreaction', it would not have been enough. I'm not looking forward to when we have a bug that is as bad as the experts fear and people look back at the Kung Flu and shrug thinking 'it won't be that bad'.

it's already not enough. Pelosi is already making the rounds to every major news outlet to blame Trump for not doing enough. Biden is doing the same thing.

Our country has by far the most deaths (almost 45,000) and cases (800,000+) That is almost 10x the numbers that China reported (4,632 deaths & 82,758 cases). Did they under report by that much?

Probably, yes. can't find the article right now but some medical experts are saying China likely massively underreported cases.

Last edited:
they don't have to wait - Pelosi, De Blasio, Biden, they're all on record saying Trump was a racist authoritarian for the travel ban on China. De Blasio and Pelosi were both encouraging people to attend mass gatherings for Chinese New year and other events. And for a few weeks now, they've been blaming Trump for not shutting things down fast enough and almost no major media outlets are calling them out on it. They can pivot back to their original position with impunity and it won't surprise me a bit when they do.

I spend a lot of time in my car and I listen to KABC radio.

There is straight journalism, and then there are talkshows hosted by people who are editorial journalists.

The straight journalism is pretty straight. The editorial journalists have been making the point that I?m quoting by you six days from Sunday.

They also called the Media ?the media.?

When I hear someone in the Media refer to the media as a media, I always think ?dude you?re also the media!?

You probably have the iHeartRadio app, if you don?t it?s easy to download. Listen to KABC, Los Angeles.

The answer is a resounding...maybe.

I don?t know that there?s ever going to be a consensus on that.

I?m probably going to always be of the opinion that we overreacted, but I could be wrong-we can?t go back in time and try it another way.

that's what I meant when I said the jury was still out - it's too early to tell. Since day 1, I've been in the camp that the infection rate is way higher and death rate much lower - I'm still not sure, but it seems more and more likely every day.

it's already not enough. Pelosi is already making the rounds to every major news outlet to blame Trump for not doing enough. Biden is doing the same thing.

Not surprising. Every issue gets turned partisan eventually. It's fucking dumb. If one side chooses option A, the other side will choose option B. It's bizarre at this point.

You know how rare it is for me to find someone on the street that I disagree with on every fundamental issue that is brought up? Not only do our two (lol...two...we suck) political parties find a way, they also find a bunch of lemmings that will toe the line. It's insane.

And Biden should keep his fuckin mouth shut. He needs to ride this out as quietly as possible before he has another stroke.

that's what I meant when I said the jury was still out - it's too early to tell. Since day 1, I've been in the camp that the infection rate is way higher and death rate much lower - I'm still not sure, but it seems more and more likely every day.

The USC/LA County study, the results were reported yesterday, goes a long way toward corroborating that.

The USC/LA County study, the results were reported yesterday, goes a long way toward corroborating that.

Wasn't there another county wide study in Cali released a few days ago or was that just pre-released headlines for the USC/LA County study?

There's also the news out of Boston where they tested people out on the streets and found 30% had antigens for the virus. Plus, the actual testing for the virus itself is beginning to indicate it's more widespread than thought.

Last edited:
My neighbor who works for a Japanese pharmaceutical company was telling me the coronavirus incidence rates in 3rd world countries that have had TB outbreaks is much lower than elsewhere. The thinking is the TB antigens they have developed are helping fight the corona virus so they're looking at that for possible leads on how to treat this thing.

Edit: he was in his driveway watching his 4 year old ride her scooter and I was in mine, watching my 10 year old son shoot nerf bullets at my 8 & 6 year old daughters who were riding their bikes. Proper social distancing was maintained for the conversation.

Last edited:
Wasn't there another study county wide study in Cali released a few days ago or was that just pre-released headlines for the USC/LA County study?

There's also the news out of Boston where they tested people out on the streets and found 30% had antigens for the virus. Plus, the actual testing for the virus itself is beginning to indicate it's more widespread than thought.

I was I think a less expansive test done by Stanford that nevertheless showed the same likely results.

Back