Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Coronainsanity

This has nothing to do with masks. If it did, the protests would have been suppressed with extreme prejudice. This is about social control. As rioters and protesters were massing in the streets, people could not attend Mass.

Tell him about the spike, Gulo...

Uh oh... first confirmed covid case of baby contracting in the womb. Republicans are going to flip their lids! They might even think it's a real thing now!

Uh oh... first confirmed covid case of baby contracting in the womb. Republicans are going to flip their lids! They might even think it's a real thing now!

The planet is constantly trying to kill us, it?s as old as time. It?s only more recently we cower in fear over it. If humans are really from earth why are we not more compatible with it. The ancient alien theory is very plausible

The planet is constantly trying to kill us, it?s as old as time. It?s only more recently we cower in fear over it. If humans are really from earth why are we not more compatible with it. The ancient alien theory is very plausible

I find the sumerian god stories very plausible. Put us here as "slaves" to dig up all the gold they need. They come back in the future to kill us all and take all the gold to power their tech.

Makes more sense than the crap in the bible. Dinosaurs...coronavirus... justin bieber.... god is obviously a dick.

The planet is constantly trying to kill us, it?s as old as time.

Yeah, well then the planet obviously sucks at it, because since the dawn of time we?ve just been getting better and better at mastering the forces of the planet to dick the planet up its own asshole.

That could one day change, like it did for the dinosaurs, obviously, but so far the score is us everything, the planet zilch.

So until that day...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ib3Y-Q3QnOk

Yeah, well then the planet obviously sucks at it, because since the dawn of time we?ve just been getting better and better at mastering the forces of the planet to dick the planet up its own asshole.

That could one day change, like it did for the dinosaurs, obviously, but so far the score is us everything, the planet zilch.

So until that day...

We need the earth... earth doesn't need us. What does our bodies do when we want to get rid of a virus... raise in temp. We will see how well we do if the earth tries the same. Im guessing we' don't fare so well.

We need the earth... earth doesn't need us. What does our bodies do when we want to get rid of a virus... raise in temp. We will see how well we do if the earth tries the same. Im guessing we' don't fare so well.

The living believe they need the earth for a place to bury the dead, but it isn’t really true.

In a true extinction event, our bodies would just rot on top of the ground, and no one would be any the worse for it.

Frankly, my money would be on self-obliteration by way of a nuclear holocaust as opposed to anything that has to do with “climate change.”

Try a nuclear holocaust - that shit will fuckin’ change the climate, and fast, too.

But it could end up being something dull and anticlimactic, such as an extinction level pathogen, where ya know, everybody just dies right where they are, and we don’t even get to see a John (the racist) Wayne ride in and die fighting the pandemic, just as he did as the patriarch Davey Crocket that he was portraying in The Alamo, fighting the intrusion of the brown Mexican rapists and drug smugglers and criminals onto our shores (although there is no shore/no Rio Grande at San Antonio and legally San Antonio belonged to Mexico at the time but why let the truth fuck a good Disney movie up, right?)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uth3OjRkt0s

Last edited:
This has nothing to do with masks. If it did, the protests would have been suppressed with extreme prejudice. This is about social control. As rioters and protesters were massing in the streets, people could not attend Mass.
Why would you say something like that? Why would you contribute to the public narrative discouraging people from using masks? I understand that the idea that covering your mouth helps to reduce the transmission of a respiratory disease doesn't resonate with you, but how are you so certain that no amount of information you get in the future on this topic will change your mind? If you're wrong, you're encouraging a behavior that's hurting people. I don't see how you can be that confident that covering your mouth doesn't help.

Uh oh...what are the odds this is another false report? Like the toddler that died of coronavirus or coronavirus causes Kawasaki syndrome in kids.

If this is true, I think Planned Parenthood is far more likely than Republicans to have a massive reaction. “What about cases of rape, incest and the corona virus?”

Last edited:

So until that day...

Did trump get that campaign idea from Charlie Sheen? I had no idea.

Why would you say something like that? Why would you contribute to the public narrative discouraging people from using masks? I understand that the idea that covering your mouth helps to reduce the transmission of a respiratory disease doesn't resonate with you, but how are you so certain that no amount of information you get in the future on this topic will change your mind? If you're wrong, you're encouraging a behavior that's hurting people. I don't see how you can be that confident that covering your mouth doesn't help.

?There is no reason to be walking around wearing a mask. When you are in the middle of an outbreak, wearing a mask might make people feel better, and might even block a droplet,? he said with almost an eyeroll, ?but it?s not providing the perfect protection people think it is, and often there are unintended consequences??

Dr. Anthony Fauci was either correct, incorrect, lying, or was ?disabused? of this opinion. There are other medical professionals who agree with the ineffectiveness of masks. We just have to dig to find them.

I am discouraging no one from wearing a mask. I am refusing to wear one, because it is, as you say, ?public narrative? shaped by people to whom I own no accountability. I?ll keep my distance and keep my hands clean, as was the narrative five months ago, when COVID was not an airborne virus, proven by credible studies. That it has changed so drastically in such a short time illustrates that that narrative was not working. Masks are a public statement of compliance to government. Unless you are burning its buildings and hitting its officials with crowbars. That?s justifiable to do without a mask or not maintaining the 6-foot mandate.

?There is no reason to be walking around wearing a mask. When you are in the middle of an outbreak, wearing a mask might make people feel better, and might even block a droplet,? he said with almost an eyeroll, ?but it?s not providing the perfect protection people think it is, and often there are unintended consequences??

Dr. Anthony Fauci was either correct, incorrect, lying, or was ?disabused? of this opinion. There are other medical professionals who agree with the ineffectiveness of masks. We just have to dig to find them.

I am discouraging no one from wearing a mask. I am refusing to wear one, because it is, as you say, ?public narrative? shaped by people to whom I own no accountability. I?ll keep my distance and keep my hands clean, as was the narrative five months ago, when COVID was not an airborne virus, proven by credible studies. That it has changed so drastically in such a short time illustrates that that narrative was not working. Masks are a public statement of compliance to government. Unless you are burning its buildings and hitting its officials with crowbars. That?s justifiable to do without a mask or not maintaining the 6-foot mandate.

People get new information and their advice changes. If the plan is to aggressively lockdown for 2 weeks and save masks for healthcare professionals, then 'no reason to be walking around wearing a mask' is good advice for the public. It's not just about the mask, it's also about not encouraging people getting together and taking risks. Once the horse is out of the barn and we see that we can't lockdown, some risks have to be taken, the plan changes. That the mask isn't perfect is not the issue anymore; it's that the mask helps.

You might not think you're discouraging people from wearing masks (I think you are though when you call them a public statement of compliance to government) but even if you weren't, you can see that such language would help others rationalize not wearing them, right?

Wondering about the opinion of you Michiganders who received this yesterday:

From Twitter: “ Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer used the emergency broadcast system Monday to order residents to wear masks! This woman is a psychopath, Truly!!! Cell phones went off at 4:44 p.m. with an “Emergency Alert”

(The opinion expressed here in regard to this Governor’s particular state of mind is one with which that I wholeheartedly agree)

Just being seen not wearing a mask makes some other people think it's ok to not wear one. People on the fence will go with the flow.

People get new information and their advice changes. If the plan is to aggressively lockdown for 2 weeks and save masks for healthcare professionals, then 'no reason to be walking around wearing a mask' is good advice for the public.

Was this before or after the narrative oscillated back and forth from discovering that asymptomatic people can spread the disease to this circumstance being “rare” and then back again?

It's not just about the mask, it's also about not encouraging people getting together and taking risks. Once the horse is out of the barn and we see that we can't lockdown, some risks have to be taken, the plan changes. That the mask isn't perfect is not the issue anymore; it's that the mask helps.

It’s also helps me inhale my own CO2 and other matter that my body is, by nature, expelling for my own well being.
You might not think you're discouraging people from wearing masks (I think you are though when you call them a public statement of compliance to government) but even if you weren't, you can see that such language would help others rationalize not wearing them, right?

I’m under no obligation to wear a mask in public unless I enter a place of business, which I am avoiding, so what’s the problem?

Last edited:
Was this before or after the narrative oscillated back and forth from discovering that asymptomatic people can spread the disease to this circumstance being ?rare? and then back again?

It's your quote. You tell me what it was before or after. I'm not the one with a problem with the idea that understanding a new thing takes time and initial data can be misleading.

It?s also helps me inhale my own CO2 and other matter that my body is, by nature, expelling for my own well being.

An exhaled liquid droplet is much, much larger than CO2 molecules (It's like comparing the size of grains of sand to an entire beach.) . If masks impede the movement of CO2, then they obviously impede droplets.

I?m under no obligation to wear a mask in public unless I enter a place of business, which I am avoiding, so what?s the problem?

When you say "I am refusing to wear one" without that context, you paint a different picture.

Just being seen not wearing a mask makes some other people think it's ok to not wear one. People on the fence will go with the flow.

If that happens, look for another ?discovery? that intensifies the ?need? to wear one. And if some people are that easily swayed, how convinced are they that it is effective in the first place?

Back