Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Coronainsanity

I think this is in the wrong thread.

anyway, cops should carry at least a .357 of 45 instead of a 9mm.

on a side note, I haven't seen a concrete driveway in years - everyone out here has ashphalt, there's even few really old school gravel driveways in my neighborhood - i know it's cheaper but it doesn't last nearly as long and doesn't look nearly as good.

not entirely the incident started when the guy was being given a hard time at the QD for not wearing a mask. But yeah I could have put it in the other thread.

The scientific community seems to be just as (if not more) certain about the effectiveness of masks against Covid-19 than they are the effectiveness of herd immunity.

Herd immunity can be very powerful against many viruses/bacteria/etc but it is effected by how long antibodies last, how fast/easily the disease spreads and other variables. Scientists are still trying to get a firm handle on all of these.

I don't understand how you can be so adamant that masks are so unproven that it's ridiculous to require them but in the same breath be so certain that herd immunity is the answer. Do I want Covid-19 to respond to herd immunity like MERS and Smallpox? Absolutely. But if it ends up behaving like meningococcal diseases or whooping cough, chest bumps at a Little League game are going to seem like an awful idea.

I'm not certain of either one but I'm far more skeptical of the masks. and speaking of little league, after last night's game I'm even more skeptical of the data coming out of the US.

My friend and co-base coach and I struck up a conversation while our team was in the field (a vec masks, of course). In early March he went to his home town in upstate NY to move his 81yo dad to his house here in NJ. His dad wasn't feeling well, so he took him to the doctor and as it turns out his father was diagnosed with the virus. He spent 3 weeks in the hospital, was very sick w/ pneumonia like symptoms, no fever and never put on a ventilator. My friend also tested positive for the virus (presumably caught it from his dad) and spent a week in the same hospital with very similar symptoms. After his dad finally recovered and was released they moved him here to NJ. Then a couple months later, his dad fell and hit his head. My friend ran upstairs and found his dad on the floor, asked if he was ok and the response was "who are you?" They rushed him to the hospital to find he had serious head trauma, brain bleeding, etc. Sadly, he died two days later, presumably from his injuries BUT, that's not what the death certificate said. Apparently it listed his death as COVID related. My friend protested but was told there was nothing he could do about it.

Sure it's anecdotal and it's probably the only time it's ever happened. The numbers are probably super reliable.

Last edited:
not entirely the incident started when the guy was being given a hard time at the QD for not wearing a mask. But yeah I could have put it in the other thread.

surprised the headline wasn't "man who refused to wear a mask dies of COVID immediately after being shot by cop 11 times"

Articles like these really make me miss MC. it would be so difficult for him to choose a side here. On the one hand, you have increased control over behavior by government bullying people into getting the shot for the interests of the collective but on the other hand you have a greedy corporation, probably colluding with the Trump administration to profit from a built in recurring revenue stream of never ending vaccinations. I suppose he'd have to call for nationalizing Moderna and mandating everyone get the shot at regular intervals, paid for by taxing billionaires.

Last edited:
Sure it's anecdotal and it's probably the only time it's ever happened. The numbers are probably super reliable.

If there was no spike in the total numbers of deaths you'd have a valid reason to be skeptical. But there is a spike, and it matches was they estimate the impact of covid is.

If there was no spike in the total numbers of deaths you'd have a valid reason to be skeptical. But there is a spike, and it matches was they estimate the impact of covid is.

I have a valid reason to be skeptical of the numbers, even with the spike in total deaths. And of course it matches the estimates, the range of estimates is so wide, it would be difficult not to match. There are multiple reports of misreported deaths, evidence of intentionally misreported deaths and evidence of financial incentives for misreporting them.

I have a valid reason to be skeptical of the numbers, even with the spike in total deaths. And of course it matches the estimates, the range of estimates is so wide, it would be difficult not to match. There are multiple reports of misreported deaths, evidence of intentionally misreported deaths and evidence of financial incentives for misreporting them.

Is your valid reason that you're not that good with numbers?

Herd immunity isnt going to work at all if antibodies go bye bye in 2-3 months like alot of the scientists are currently seeing. So keeping others safe is probably a good idea until they figure this shit out? But no, people have to fight that cause americans are a bunch of dumbasses. That simple statement...that simple thing were asking people to do....be courteous during a fucking global pandemic. NOPE!...one excuse after another. My rights. The science isnt there?! Are you kidding me? what science do you need to know that if you sneeze i dont want that shit to land on me?

i have a valid reasons why i think the numbers are going to get much much worse.

1) Americans are fucking stupid
2) Newer strains seem more infectious than previous
3) Everything is opening back up before we had a handle on containing it
4) Our national and local governments are ran by morons that think you should just spray lysol into your lungs.
5) Fucking Karen

i have a valid reasons why i think the numbers are going to get much much worse.

1) Americans are fucking stupid
2) Newer strains seem more infectious than previous
3) Everything is opening back up before we had a handle on containing it
4) Our national and local governments are ran by morons that think you should just spray lysol into your lungs.
5) Fucking Karen

I think it's pretty obvious that Masks help, but I think mandating them should be done at local levels, not state or federal. Every area is different.

I do agree that a lot of Americans are fucking stupid.

Herd immunity isnt going to work at all if antibodies go bye bye in 2-3 months like alot of the scientists are currently seeing. So keeping others safe is probably a good idea until they figure this shit out? But no, people have to fight that cause americans are a bunch of dumbasses. That simple statement...that simple thing were asking people to do....be courteous during a fucking global pandemic. NOPE!...one excuse after another. My rights. The science isnt there?! Are you kidding me? what science do you need to know that if you sneeze i dont want that shit to land on me?

Right.

So like I posted in #975, everyone is going to get the asymptotic Covid over and over it finally kills everybody once everybody gets really old and really sick with a lot of other shit.

EDIT: OR...some may get too senile to drive safely and they’ll go out and get into a car crash and the Covid will get them that way.

OR they’ll be black and grow old and be murdered by another old black person and that’s how the Covid will get them.

OR in their senility they’ll wake up in episode of South Park and go back in time to before they were born and be aborted - Covid strikes again!

That Covid is one crafty fuckin’ killer.

Mack the Knife didn’t have shit on the Covid.

And now for a little musical interlude - with the incomparable SATCHMO!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=28ULUQgxJ5M

Last edited:
Right.

So like I posted in #975, everyone is going to get the asymptotic Covid over and over it finally kills everybody once everybody gets really old and really sick with a lot of other shit.

EDIT: OR...some may get too senile to drive safely and they?ll go out and get into a car crash and the Covid will get them that way.

OR they?ll be black and grow old and be murdered by another old black person and that?s how the Covid will get them.

OR in their senility they?ll wake up in episode of South Park and go back in time to before they were born and be aborted - Covid strikes again!

That Covid is one crafty fuckin? killer.

Mack the Knife didn?t have shit on the Covid.

And now for a little musical interlude - with the incomparable SATCHMO!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=28ULUQgxJ5M

Right. And if youre one of those fuckers that wants to blame the data (not saying you are tinsel)... "WAHHHHH...the data isnt accurate....WAHHHHHH" ....then shouldnt you do the right things in order to limit that false data. Namely, take the proper precautions to limit the infections so we dont have to deal with poor data in the first place!

Right. And if youre one of those fuckers that wants to blame the data (not saying you are tinsel)... "WAHHHHH...the data isnt accurate....WAHHHHHH" ....then shouldnt you do the right things in order to limit that false data. Namely, take the proper precautions to limit the infections so we dont have to deal with poor data in the first place!

You mean put on a mask?

I put the mask on when I?m near someone. I?ve posted that consistently.

Very fortunately I?m rarely near other people, and when I am it?s for a very short - like seconds - period of time.

1) Americans are fucking stupid - I agree, probably because I read a lot of posts from the likes of you
2) Newer strains seem more infectious than previous - they also seem less deadly than an already not very deadly virus.
3) Everything is opening back up before we had a handle on containing it - if only we limited large gatherings to unjustifiable protests and riots that don't seem to concern people like you.
4) Our national and local governments are ran by morons that think you should just spray lysol into your lungs - ...are "run" by morons... state and local governments in hot spots deserve 90%+ of the blame for this but we'll never hear that because they're solid blue states and municipalities.
5) Fucking Karen - Again, I agree, Karen.

Last edited:
Back