Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Coronainsanity

Well, there's one good thing to come out of this so far...

I posted a link earlier to a story that the mayor-I think it was the mayor-of San Jose ordered a gun store closed and customers lining up to get guns there to respond and stating that “guns are not essential.”

Don’t know if there’s been a legal challenge to the closure.

So there are a couple of wins for gun restriction advocates.

Last edited:
so people being unemployed makes you happy?

Some people may look down upon strippers, but nobody should like it when someone is out of work :tup:

OKAY, normally not, but I have to qualify that with a few professions.

I like when lobbyists are out of work.

so people being unemployed makes you happy?

Some people may look down upon strippers, but nobody should like it when someone is out of work :tup:

maybe they should include a couple billion in the bailout bill for retraining strippers to build bullet trains and windmills.

So, Governor KenDoll is on TV now, blathering on and about a 17 year in Lancaster CA - statistically, over 90% of 17 year olds in Lancaster are gang bangers - who had Covid and died yesterday; although subsequent reports are indicating that the kid might have died from something else.

Sad, but I wondered how many other minor children might have died yesterday in California, so I did a search engine for that.

Astonishingly, every single entree that came up was about that kid! Apparently, as amazing as it may be, no other minor kid in California died yesterday!

So chalk that up as another good thing - there seems to miraculously be no other health problems going on right now!

Also, Newsom has started calling California a “nation state” - what the fuck is that?

”Nation State”

Last edited:
Although a very small sample size, the CDC tested almost all of the passengers and crew from 2 Princess cruise ships that were known to have outbreaks. On one of them 46.5% that were positive were asymptomatic. There were a total of 800 cases and 10 deaths (1.25%)

He has a show on the Sirius non partisan channel that he already does from home. I imagine this won't change much of his work schedule. From a family perspective I can imagine it would suck. Seems to have a good relationship with his kids.

how does Chris Cuomo get on the non partisan channel? I smell something fishy.

how does Chris Cuomo get on the non partisan channel? I smell something fishy.

I had never heard of it, so I looked it up - only other commentator I knew of was Michael Smerconish.

How does anyone expect to have success and make any money in this environment with non-partisan media?

Seems counterintuitive.

I had never heard of it, so I looked it up - only other commentator I knew of was Michael Smerconish.

How does anyone expect to have success and make any money in this environment with non-partisan media?

Seems counterintuitive.

especially when they apparently, blatantly violate their own mandate by hiring a ultra partisan hack like Chris "Fredo" Cuomo.

I have to say, I love that he got so pissed and threatened to fight the guys who called him Fredo, but i'm not sure the name really fits. Sure he is riding his daddy's and his brother's coattails, but Fredo at least had the balls to make a power play. From what I can tell, Chris seems content to be an overpaid incompetent loser trading off his family name.

especially when they apparently, blatantly violate their own mandate by hiring a ultra partisan hack like Chris "Fredo" Cuomo.

I have to say, I love that he got so pissed and threatened to fight the guys who called him Fredo, but i'm not sure the name really fits. Sure he is riding his daddy's and his brother's coattails, but Fredo at least had the balls to make a power play. From what I can tell, Chris seems content to be an overpaid incompetent loser trading off his family name.

Here’s audio of that:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9GURQWCZ4_E

Don’t pay much attention to C. Cuomo; the first editorial thing I ever heard him say was favorable to me - very supportive of law enforcement.

He was interviewing some guy who had spent an amount of time in custody as a suspect in an abduction/hostage situation; at the time the guy was in custody the victim was still missing.

The guy turned out to be innocent.

During the interview, the guy described being subject to pretty aggressive deceptive interrogative tactics and Cuomo supported law enforcement’s efforts, saying something to the effect that “law enforcement needs to be afforded very broad latitude in situations like that.”

He’s from a law enforcement family; makes sense.

EDIT: I guess Sean Hannity expressed support for Cuomo regarding the altercation.

Last edited:
Since when is the term "Fredo" an ethnic slur?

I think it?s much more personal than that.

Fredo?s father and later his brothers Santino (interim during Vito?s convalescence) and Michael were Dons of the Corleone family.

Fredo was a bozo.

Chris Cuomo?s father was Governor of New York, and now his brother is.

The implication is ?you are to your father and brother as Fredo was to his father and brother,? and there?s the implication that this makes Chris Cuomo a clown.

I think Cuomo might be a little sensitive when viewed in comparison to his father and brother-his reaction reflected that.

I think whole ?Italian slur? thing is a cover to hide that.

Back