Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Culture Thread: Libtards and Republitards are Killing the US

I'm not sure how I'm supposed to panic over this. If people aren't paying attention to crazy political Hollywood, does that mean we aren't going down some slippery slope and there aren't as many among the woke masses as we've been told to worry about? That can't be - maybe the unhinged woke masses tuned out because Hollywood isn't woke enough. Hollywood is way too far left, and the woke masses are even worse so they tuned out.

I'm not sure how I'm supposed to panic over this. If people aren't paying attention to crazy political Hollywood, does that mean we aren't going down some slippery slope and there aren't as many among the woke masses as we've been told to worry about? That can't be - maybe the unhinged woke masses tuned out because Hollywood isn't woke enough. Hollywood is way too far left, and the woke masses are even worse so they tuned out.

It's well down the slide toward totalitarian communist government, and a sign the United States is being killed, but every Conservative Guy couldn't care less, and isn't upset about it at all, actually.

that's probably what happened - the conservatives tuned in while the woke crowd, feeling Hollywood isn't woke enough refused to watch. The probably all went to Portland to join the nightly riots that have been going on for a year. You know, the ones started by the Proud Boys triggering all the peaceful local residents into a riotous mob - for a year.

Last edited:

People who watch movies are paying attention to Hollywood. Just not the Oscars. And the messaging that Hollywood promotes is designed to create a nation of somnambulists.

somnambulists

Wow. Let me google that one. Looks like a good one.

Ok, after learning what it is, it is what it sounds like, but I'm too slow to pick up on it before googling. Maybe if I had said it out loud first. Good word to break out on a message board.

People who watch movies are paying attention to Hollywood. Just not the Oscars. And the messaging that Hollywood promotes is designed to create a nation of somnambulists.

and that's a concern because if you're sleepwalking, you can't obey the orders of a police officer, and that means they can legally execute you by shooting you in the back of the head, or choking you to death, right?

and that's a concern because if you're sleepwalking, you can't obey the orders of a police officer, and that means they can legally execute you by shooting you in the back of the head, or choking you to death, right?

It?s a concern because people suspend reality and gain greater fulfillment from a distorted version of it, without realizing that movies are designed as a means of escape and a way to influence mass amounts of people (virtually) at the same time, using the most advanced techniques in behavioral and cognitive programming.

It?s a concern because people suspend reality and gain greater fulfillment from a distorted version of it, without realizing that movies are designed as a means of escape and a way to influence mass amounts of people (virtually) at the same time, using the most advanced techniques in behavioral and cognitive programming.

Movies these days seem mostly to be about corrupt dystopias and flawed superheroes.

Wow. Let me google that one. Looks like a good one.

Ok, after learning what it is, it is what it sounds like, but I'm too slow to pick up on it before googling. Maybe if I had said it out loud first. Good word to break out on a message board.

I know it?s the medical condition that causes sleepwalking, but IMHO, just using ?sleepwalking?seems more effective.

I know it?s the medical condition that causes sleepwalking, but IMHO, just using ?sleepwalking?seems more effective.

Eye of the beholder. I dig the use of a unnecessarily fancy word in a criticism of Hollywood. It helps establish that the complaint doesn't stem from an inability to appreciate art.

If you used the word to criticize Spartans (for example), I might say you're being pedantic.

Eye of the beholder. I dig the use of a unnecessarily fancy word in a criticism of Hollywood. It helps establish that the complaint doesn't stem from an inability to appreciate art.

If you used the word to criticize Spartans (for example), I might say you're being pedantic.

You once praised me for using the term ?tertiary? to describe the positioning of one of the televisions in my home sports bar, but I don?t know, I don?t think tertiary should be that uncommon of a word - it just indicates the third thing.

Primary, secondary, tertiary.

the crap that comes out of Hollywood isn't "art."

Do you also call McDonald's food "cuisine?"

You once praised me for using the term ?tertiary? to describe the positioning of one of the televisions in my home sports bar, but I don?t know, I don?t think tertiary should be that uncommon of a word - it just indicates the third thing.

Primary, secondary, tertiary.

Tertiary is such a great word.

Of the words 'primary', 'secondary', and 'tertiary', by far, the best word is tertiary, the 2nd best word is primary, and secondary is the worst.

Last edited:
The first true horror movie was about a mad hypnotist inducing a somnambulist to kill people.

It was a silent German film, released in 1920, and was seen internationally. I don?t think the content, context nor the circulation was coincidental.

The somnambulist also, 22 years later, during WWII, played Major Strasser in Casablanca, which translates to White House. The allegory runs deep.

Can?t you simply use the pedestrian term ?punctilious??

The first true horror movie was about a mad hypnotist inducing a somnambulist to kill people.

It was a silent German film, released in 1920, and was seen internationally. I don?t think the content, context nor the circulation was coincidental.

The somnambulist also, 22 years later, during WWII, played Major Strasser in Casablanca, which translates to White House. The allegory runs deep.

Like I said, somnambulist sounds a little more clinical for medical, so at the time I posted that I was thinking that it may have more of an international use than simply sleepwalking.

So if it was used in a German movie, that would make sense.

Like I said, somnambulist sounds a little more clinical for medical, so at the time I posted that I was thinking that it may have more of an international use than simply sleepwalking.

So if it was used in a German movie, that would make sense.

International...and intentional on the part of the industry in regards on the intent of the ?intentors.?

Back