Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Detroit Tigers Team Notes Over 3 Million Views!!! Thankyou!

Detroit Tigers Team Notes

[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]http://www.beyondtheboxscore.com/2011/9/27/2450443/previewing-the-market-third-basemen
Previewing the market : Third Basemen.
from beyondtheboxscore
Not a whole lot out there in free agency. I think A Ramirez is going to cost to much for what he still has to offer. I think we need to resign Wilson, that may be our best option unless a really good trade opportunity comes our way.

We knew Doug Fister was good, but this is ridculous. From Elias Sports Bureau:
Remember at the trading deadline when the biggest-name pitcher moved was Ubaldo Jimenez? On Monday he was outpitched by a player whose trade received considerably less attention, Doug Fister. Fister improved to 8-1 since joining Detroit, making him only the fourth pitcher in the post-WWII Era to have at least eight wins with no more than one loss for a team after pitching for another major-league team earlier that season. The three others: Randy Johnson (10-1 for the 1998 Astros, after starting with the Mariners); Doyle Alexander (9-0 for the 1987 Tigers after starting with the Braves); and Rick Sutcliffe (16-1 for the 1984 Cubs after starting with the Indians.) Fister will end the season with a seven-game winning streak and Justin Verlander has won his last 12 decisions. They

Perspective:
ONE DAY , THE FATHER OF A VERY WEALTHY FAMILY TOOK HIS SON ON A TRIP TO
THE COUNTRY WITH THE EXPRESS PURPOSE OF SHOWING HIM HOW POOR PEOPLE
LIVE.

THEY SPENT A COUPLE OF DAYS AND NIGHTS ON THE FARM OF WHAT WOULD BE
CONSIDERED A VERY POOR FAMILY.

ON THEIR RETURN FROM THEIR TRIP, THE FATHER ASKED HIS SON, "HOW WAS THE
TRIP?"

"IT WAS GREAT , DAD."

"DID YOU SEE HOW POOR PEOPLE LIVE?" THE FATHER ASKED.

"OH YEAH , " SAID THE SON.

"SO, TELL ME, WHAT DID YOU LEARN FROM THE TRIP?" ASKED THE FATHER.

THE SON ANSWERED:

"I SAW THAT WE HAVE ONE DOG AND THEY HAD FOUR..

WE HAVE A POOL THAT REACHES TO THE MIDDLE OF OUR GARDEN AND THEY HAVE A
CREEK THAT HAS NO END.

WE HAVE IMPORTED LANTERNS IN OUR GARDEN AND THEY HAVE THE STARS AT
NIGHT.

OUR PATIO REACHES TO THE FRONT YARD AND THEY HAVE THE WHOLE HORIZON.

WE HAVE A SMALL PIECE OF LAND TO LIVE ON AND THEY HAVE FIELDS THAT GO
BEYOND OUR SIGHT.

WE HAVE SERVANTS WHO SERVE US , BUT THEY SERVE OTHERS.

WE BUY OUR FOOD , BUT THEY GROW THEIRS.

WE HAVE WALLS AROUND OUR PROPERTY TO PROTECT US , THEY HAVE FRIENDS TO
PROTECT THEM."

THE BOY'S FATHER WAS SPEECHLESS.

THEN HIS SON ADDED , "THANKS DAD FOR SHOWING ME HOW POOR WE ARE."

ISN'T PERSPECTIVE A WONDERFUL THING? MAKES YOU WONDER WHAT WOULD HAPPEN
IF WE ALL GAVE THANKS FOR EVERYTHING WE HAVE, INSTEAD OF WORRYING ABOUT
WHAT WE DON'T HAVE.

APPRECIATE EVERY SINGLE THING YOU HAVE ,ESPECIALLY YOUR FRIENDS!

PASS THIS ON TO FRIENDS AND ACQUAINTANCES AND HELP THEM REFRESH THEIR
PERSPECTIVE AND APPRECIATION.

"LIFE IS TOO SHORT AND FRIENDS ARE TOO FEW.."

I will be gone for the day to spend my 64th with my old mom and a few friends. Back for the game.
KC Ron

Tigers win their 95th game of the 2011 regular season.
Valverde is a 'Perfect 49 Straight Saves'.
Cabrera finishes at .344/.448/.586/1.034

Tigers end the regular season on a roll...come from behind to beat Indians 5-4...95th win, 50th at home...finish 34-12 last 46 Games.

Tigers fell behind 3-0 early, rallied to take 4-3 lead in 7th, then after Indians tied game 4-4, Peralta broke tie w/ HR in 8th off Pestano.

RHB were hitting .109 against Pestano in 128 AB this year - with 1 HR - before Peralta hit HR to break tie...

Gotta head to the airport now - looks like we're NY-bound, unless Angels pull off a miracle finish....

Verlander vs. Sabathia will be gm 1 matchup if Tigers do go to NY....8:37 start Friday.

Back