Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Detroit Tigers Team Notes Over 3 Million Views!!! Thankyou!

Detroit Tigers Team Notes

http://seamheads.com/2011/12/29/who-were-the-most-productive-offensive-players-in-2011/
Who Were the Most Productive Offensive Players in 2011?
from Seamheads

Numerous methods have been devised to measure offensive performance. The most common are batting average, on-base percentage and slugging average. Since none of these averages provides a complete picture by itself, a more comprehensive measure of offensive performance is useful. Such a measure would include the following elements:

1.The ability to get on base.
2.The ability to hit with power.
3.The ability to add value through base running.
The first two elements are measured by on-base percentage and slugging average. A measure of offensive performance, which encompasses both as well as baserunning achievements, is Bases per Plate Appearance (BPA). This measure accounts for the net bases accumulated by a player per plate appearance. It is calculated as follows:

Detroit Tigers Team Notes

5 years ago tonight I started this Tigers Team Notes Thread.
Every morning noon and night with coffee and cigar 24/7/365.
It is something I enjoy doing for all us Detroit Tigers fan, that is, posting every bit of Tigers and mlb news I can find for all to read.
One of these years soon, I hope to be posting Tigers links to the Tigers winning a World Series.

Back