Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Draft Thread 2020

Jax nyg ari with wins today. Solid top 5 pick at this point. Atl in the game only down 2 with 4 min.

I remember when the Lions won at the wrong time and missed our chance at Peppers, and got Harrington instead.

And that's why Quinn is a terrible GM. Biggest need was pass rusher (and still is), if he fell to us and he still drafted a TE he should have been fired on the spot.
We don't even know if Martha knows a thing about football. And the Fords, remember Millen 7+ years.

The quote of the decade though - In 2001, Millen left broadcasting to assume the job of the Detroit Lions' CEO and de facto general manager. At that time, Millen had no prior player development or front office experience. When first approached by owner William Clay Ford, Sr. about the job, Millen told him "Mr. Ford, I really appreciate this, but I'm not qualified." Ford responded "You're smart. You'll figure it out."

Top 6.

#1 Bengals 1-13.
#2 NYG. 3-11. @ Wash, Philadelphia.
#3 Miami 3-11. Cincinnati @ New England.
#4 Washington 3-11. NYG, @ Cowboys.
#5 Detroit 3-10-1. @ Broncos , Packers.
#6 Arizona 4-9-1. @ Seahawks , @ Rams.

Bunch of teams at 5-9.

Top 6.

#1 Bengals 1-13.
#2 NYG. 3-11. @ Wash, Philadelphia.
#3 Miami 3-11. Cincinnati @ New England.
#4 Washington 3-11. NYG, @ Cowboys.
#5 Detroit 3-10-1. @ Broncos , Packers.
#6 Arizona 4-9-1. @ Seahawks , @ Rams.

Bunch of teams at 5-9.

Perfect scenario for the Lions. Lose out to Denver & GB which is likely.

Giants beat Redskins this week, Miami beats cinci. Move to 3

Week 17. Giants beat philly at home, move up to #2.

Now the Lions have all sorts of options come draft day.

Perfect scenario for the Lions. Lose out to Denver & GB which is likely.

Giants beat Redskins this week, Miami beats cinci. Move to 3

Week 17. Giants beat philly at home, move up to #2.

Now the Lions have all sorts of options come draft day.

If Chase Young stays in school...do you take a qb?!!!

If Chase Young stays in school...do you take a qb?!!!
I would because why not. But who? The Alabama QB who he even said to himself "I'll never be the same."

If he goes to the draft I still think Quinn will stay away from the ones you guys want him to draft. I actually think he takes that OT.

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/...troit-lions-nfl-draft-chase-young/2664134001/
Sunday's NFL schedule could determine Detroit Lions' chances of landing Chase Young.
Freep

https://www.mlive.com/lions/2019/12...ith-another-loss-no-2-pick-still-in-play.html
Lions nearly guaranteed to climb up NFL draft board with another loss, No. 2 pick still in play.
Mlive

https://sidelionreport.com/2019/12/16/detroit-lions-2020-draft-third-overall-pick/
2020 NFL Draft: Detroit Lions could rise to third overall pick.
SLR

Last edited:
https://lionswire.usatoday.com/2019/12/16/detroit-lions-2020-nfl-draft-week-15/
Breaking down all the Lions draft pick scenarios after Week 15.
LionsWire

Here?s the good news.

Next week, the Bengals (current No. 1) play at Dolphins (No. 3) and the Giants (No. 2) play at Washington (No. 4).

How the Lions could move up to No. 4
Lions lose in Denver
Giants and Washington don?t tie
If the Lions lose, as long as there is a victor in the Giants/Washington game the Lions will automatically move up a spot.

How the Lions could move up to No. 3

Lions lose in Denver
Giants and Washington don?t tie
Dolphins beat Bengals
If the Dolphins beat the Bengals as expected, that would mean the Lions could possibly be sitting with the 3rd overall pick, after next weekend?s games.

How the Lions could move up to No. 2
For the Lions to get all the way up to the No. 2 spot after Week 17, they would need all of the following to happen:

lose their final two games
The Dolphins to beat the Bengals (Week 16) or Patriots (Week 17)
The Giants to beat Washington (Week 16) or Eagles (Week 17)
Washington to beat the Giants (Week 16) or Cowboys (Week 17)
Here?s where it gets a bit complicated.

The Eagles and Cowboys play each other in Week 16 and who wins will have major implications on if Week 17 is meaningful for the NFC East. If the Eagles win, the two will have split the series and both teams will be playing hard in Week 17 for a chance at the postseason. If the Cowboys win, they will hold the head-to-head advantage and will clinch the division, meaning Week 17 is meaningless for the entire NFC East.

So as a Lions fan, you?re hoping the Dolphins beat the Bengals (good luck against the Patriots), the Giants at Washington doesn?t end in a tie, and (deep breath) the Cowboys beat the Eagles rendering Week 17 meaningless in the NFC EAST and puts the games up for grabs.

What if the Lions win 1 of their final 2 games?
If the Lions win one of their two remaining games, nothing worse happens.

The Lions would stay at the No. 5 pick (or better) because one win only puts them in the same possible group as the Arizona Cardinals and based on strength of schedule the Lions would stay ahead.

What if the Lions win out?
If the Lions win both their remaining games they could drop as far as the No. 12 pick.

Although, because the Jaguars (current No. 8) and Falcons (No. 12) face off in Week 16 ? unless they tie ? the winner would be behind the Lions, making pick No. 11 the likely bottom of where the Lions could fall.

I think we land chase young even at 3. Washington goes OT at 2. Giants win vs wash this weekend and we're in a good spot.

Back