Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Draft Thread 2020

Last edited:
The Lions are one good game (not their own, obviously) away from Chase Young. If the Redskins can beat the Cowboys next week (I'm not going to pretend to entertain the idea we can beat GB), the second pick is ours. That's obviously a tall task, but not out of the realm of possibility. Dallas no longer controls their own destiny. They could easily be demoralized by a big Philly lead at halftime.

Chances are, Redskins will lose, and stupidly they will choose Young over a potential franchise QB. But for now, I can dream.

The Lions are one good game (not their own, obviously) away from Chase Young. If the Redskins can beat the Cowboys next week (I'm not going to pretend to entertain the idea we can beat GB), the second pick is ours. That's obviously a tall task, but not out of the realm of possibility. Dallas no longer controls their own destiny. They could easily be demoralized by a big Philly lead at halftime.

Chances are, Redskins will lose, and stupidly they will choose Young over a potential franchise QB. But for now, I can dream.
I rather go QB than DE but Quinn will go OT. Count on it.

https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2019...draft-order-detroit-lions-3rd-overall-week-17
2020 NFL Draft order: Detroit Lions hold 3rd pick, won?t pick lower than 5.
Unless Detroit pulls off a big upset in Week 17, they?ll have their first top-three pick since 2010.
POD

https://lionswire.usatoday.com/2019/12/23/lions-now-in-line-to-earn-a-senior-bowl-coaching-spot/
Lions now in line to earn a Senior Bowl coaching spot.
LionsWire

https://www.freep.com/videos/sports...-lions-nfl-draft-what-can-you-say/2731225001/
Webvideo Detroit Lions don't want to hear about NFL draft, but what else can you say about them? 12 minutes.
Freep

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/...-lions-2020-nfl-draft-chase-young/2730509001/
Detroit Lions won't think NFL draft yet, but they know the Chase Young sweepstakes loom.
Freep

Last edited:

They took Haskins last year.

They took Haskins last year.

And their franchise LT quit on them...im hoping they go OT to protect their QB investment. Haskins looked a lot better the last couple weeks. Chase Young could be too good to pass up and we could be sitting their at pick 3 with some shitty options.

And their franchise LT quit on them...im hoping they go OT to protect their QB investment. Haskins looked a lot better the last couple weeks. Chase Young could be too good to pass up and we could be sitting their at pick 3 with some shitty options.

I think if they want the OT they will trade down...that's what I would do.

Miami would be a good trade partner. They have #5, #20 & another at the end of the first (currently #26)

https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2019...dcast-2020-nfl-draft-top-5-pick-broncos-recap
Pride Of Detroit Lions Podcast The Detroit Lions will have a top-5 pick?now what? 65 minutes.
The PODcast crew discusses what the Lions will do now that they?re guaranteed a top-5 pick.

With their loss to the Denver Broncos on Sunday combined with the Arizona Cardinals? upset win over the Seattle Seahawks, the Detroit Lions are now guaranteed to be no lower than fifth in draft order by the end of the regular season next week. If they lose to the Green Bay Packers in the season finale, they will hold a top three pick in the draft.

That?s all fine and dandy, but what happens next? Who will be available when the Lions pick? Will the Lions be in trade up or trade down mode? What positions will Detroit be targeting? And most importantly, who will they be considering with their top pick?

Since the Broncos game was a dud, the 2020 NFL Draft is the primary focus of this week?s PODcast?the penultimate one of the season. We also talk a little about the Broncos game, as well as some major news regarding the future of the podcast.

This week on the PODcast:
The Lions lost again, and it followed a pretty familiar script.

Did the Lions make the right decision in playing Kerryon Johnson or did they put him in unnecessary danger of hurting himself again?

DRAFT TALK: Where will the Lions likely be picking this year?

If Washington finished above Detroit, is there any chance Chase Young falls to 3?

If no Chase Young, then who? Is Jeff Okudah good enough to be a top-five pick?

With the Lions in win-now mode in 2020, is it possible they even consider trading down? Or could they trade up for Young?

Jeremy and Chris discuss major changes coming to the PODcast, forced by the hand of the higher ups.

Back