Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Draft Thread 2020

Why would it be stupid for the Lions to hold Matt out the rest of the year? He's good enough we don't need to be searching for an immediate replacement. And more, this year is over, and Matt coming back can only hurt our draft position. Get him actually healthy for next year.

Why would it be stupid for the Lions to hold Matt out the rest of the year? He's good enough we don't need to be searching for an immediate replacement. And more, this year is over, and Matt coming back can only hurt our draft position. Get him actually healthy for next year.

I wrote that wrong. I meant to say I wouldn't be surprised if they sent him back out there (started him again)

Watching this Michigan ohio state game just to see what all the chase young fuss is about, he didn?t look super great to me, ave at best NFL edge rusher imo, if the lions end up in top 10 I?d say pass on young, wasn?t impressed, over rated hype

Last edited:
Watching this Michigan ohio state game just to see what all the chase young fuss is about, he didn?t look super great to me, ave at best NFL edge rusher imo, if the lions end up in top 10 I?d say pass on young, wasn?t impressed, over rated hype

You're really basing the future of a consensus "can't miss" prospect on one game (not even all of one game as he did pick it up in the second half)? I'd love to find a prospect who never had a bad game in college, but that's no one.

Last edited:
You're really basing the future of a consensus "can't miss" prospect on one game (not even all of one game as he did pick it up in the second half)? I'd love to find a prospect who never had a bad game in college, but that's no one.

Yup sure am, I didn?t see him make any elite push rusher moves, he?s just another bull rusher we already have a coupe of those, lions need someone who can make a tackle look stupid I saw nothing elite about chase young today

Yup sure am, I didn?t see him make any elite push rusher moves, he?s just another bull rusher we already have a coupe of those, lions need someone who can make a tackle look stupid I saw nothing elite about chase young today

I've watched almost every OSU game this year. He isn't a bull rusher...he almost never uses that technique. UM had a great game plan vs. him. Almost every pass was out right away and when the QB did stand back there UM OL almost always double teamed him.

Chase Young is the real deal. He may be a little over hyped but I think he is as good as Nick Bosa.

Only the Lions would pass on Chase Young between picks 5-10

This is going to sound condescending but I don't think you know what a bull rush is. Chase Young has enough speed to beat any collegiate tackle with a simple move to the outside. He's only going to get better.

This is going to sound condescending but I don't think you know what a bull rush is. Chase Young has enough speed to beat any collegiate tackle with a simple move to the outside. He's only going to get better.

Ok so watched some highlight reel of him, he looks a little slow to me also and not overly overpowering I don?t think he?s any near as good as Bosa maybe he?ll transition to a good edge setter for the lions, lions can never have enough edge setters

Last edited:
Ok so watched some highlight reel of him, he looks a little slow to me also and not overly overpowering I don?t think he?s any near as good as Bosa maybe he?ll transition to a good edge setter for the lions, lions can never have enough edge setters

Bosa is more powerful but Young is much faster and more athletic. This is not an opinion from highlight reels...I have probably watched 90% of the games both of them have played in.

Bosa is more powerful but Young is much faster and more athletic. This is not an opinion from highlight reels...I have probably watched 90% of the games both of them have played in.

Ok I?ve only watched one and only play draft expert on the internet so i?ll take your assessment over mine. I really don?t watch much college football at all, never have, come draft time every year I have no idea who all of these people even are...bahahahahahahah

Last edited:
Wash mia and cin winning. Cheering for Denver this afternoon. Giants lost... but overall good day for the shitty lions.

Last edited:
Wash mia and cin winning. Cheering for Denver this afternoon. Giants lost... but overall good day for the shitty lions.

Great day. Washington and Miami with unlikely wins and now a bunch of team sit at 3 wins. Getting up to #2 or #3 is a realistic possibility now. We needed some upsets.

I really hope GB needs to win the final regular season game for playoff seeding. Or you know us, we'll have the #2 or #3 pick on lock and then go out and do something stupid and win that game because GB sat everyone.

Cincy has the Browns twice, Patriots and Dolphins.
Giants have the Eagles twice, Dolphins and Redskins.
Redskins have GB, Eagles, Giants, Cowboys.
Miami has the Jets, Giants, Bengals, Patriots
Atlanta has the 49ers, Panthers, Jags and Bucs
Denver has us (enough said)

Denver will beat us (and they are beating LAC now). Atlanta has winnable games...especially home against the Jags. I'm confident Miami gets one more win with Fitzpatrick. It's kind of a crap shoot with the other 3 teams. Giants have lost 8 in a row.

Last edited:
Back