Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Drew Sharp and assorted Spartan whiners

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]
MichChamp02 said:
I don't think we're rubbing it in. They've been talking smack all season, (except for the 2 weeks after ND pounded them).

We've been more or less quietly minding our own business. Then they blew it in teh B1G championship, and immediately started crying and whining, and trashing our record, instead of accepting their fate.

I'm just echoing the sentiments of a lot of other Michigan fans:
<blockquote>"Hey we made a BCS game in Hoke's first season. Go Blue!

Eh... what's this? It made Sparty very upset? Wow, even better!"
</blockquote>

well, we on this board aren't rubbing it in, but i know we are on just about every board i've checked out since last night. I like to think that this board is the smartest and most informed board, but i guess i'm a little bias.

I have no doubt that the people that post here are generally more informed and more mature than most message board posters out there.

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]
greenandwhite95 said:
SO they had to have 11 or 12 wins, unlike the others who had 10 and got in. Yeah, that makes sense.

it's all about bcs positioning. If you guys hadn't lost to Nebraska, you'd probably been ranked in the top 8 last week. Then you would have dropped to around 12 or 13 after that close loss to a good team and we might not have stayed in the top 14.

I think that's all he's saying.

Yes, If we hadn't lost to Nebraska we would have 11 wins and UM with 10 wouldn't be in discusssion. The arguement is why does one team have to win 11 games while the other only 10 ? It's ridiculous to say one team from the same conference has to win 11 games to get in while another only 10. Especially when one team finishes 7-1 in conference and the other 6-2. Thats what I'm saying. That, among other things, is what's wrong with the system. It's all about money.

greenandwhite95 said:
[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]

it's all about bcs positioning. If you guys hadn't lost to Nebraska, you'd probably been ranked in the top 8 last week. Then you would have dropped to around 12 or 13 after that close loss to a good team and we might not have stayed in the top 14.

Yes, If we hadn't lost to Nebraska we would have 11 wins and UM with 10 wouldn't be in discusssion. The arguement is why does one team have to win 11 games while the other only 10 ?...

Because one team played 13 games and the other 12.

I was speaking of JUST the past 4-5 years, not the history of the programs. In the past 4 years as a sprogram MSU has been better. They've had better coaching, better players, better results, better rankings etc...

MichChamp02 said:
[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]

lol

i do agree with them though that we shouldn't be rubbing it in. they've still got 4 years on us. NEXT YEAR when we kick their asses in the big house and win the legend's division and put a whooping on Ohio, then we'll rub it in like Icy Hot!

I don't think we're rubbing it in. They've been talking smack all season, (except for the 2 weeks after ND pounded them).

We've been more or less quietly minding our own business. Then they blew it in teh B1G championship, and immediately started crying and whining, and trashing our record, instead of accepting their fate.

</blockquote>

You don't think your rubbing it in and you name this thread "DS and SPartan whiners" then proceed to rip Spartan fans up and down because we have a valid arguement and the state of College football believes us. OKAY. To be fair, MOST aren't saying much on here, but you seem to always want to take things to another level. You're just a Salty MotherFucker dude.

Beez said:
I was speaking of JUST the past 4-5 years, not the history of the programs. In the past 4 years as a sprogram MSU has been better. They've had better coaching, better players, better results, better rankings etc...

But if that's the way it goes:

MSU fan "ha, we dominated past 4 years"

The UM fans should be able to resort to "how about the last 20".

greenandwhite95 said:
MichChamp02 said:

</blockquote>

You don't think your rubbing it in and you name this thread "DS and SPartan whiners" then proceed to rip Spartan fans up and down because we have a valid arguement and the state of College football believes us. OKAY. To be fair, MOST aren't saying much on here, but you seem to always want to take things to another level. You're just a Salty MotherFucker dude.

No, only Beez is rubbing it in. he admitted as much.

look at it this way: if Drew Sharp and some of the spartoons didn't start whining and attacking Michigan when the BCS standings came out I WOULDN'T HAVE STARTED THIS THREAD IN THE FIRST PLACE!

greenandwhite95 said:
[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]

Yes, If we hadn't lost to Nebraska we would have 11 wins and UM with 10 wouldn't be in discusssion. The arguement is why does one team have to win 11 games while the other only 10 ? It's ridiculous to say one team from the same conference has to win 11 games to get in while another only 10. Especially when one team finishes 7-1 in conference and the other 6-2. Thats what I'm saying. That, among other things, is what's wrong with the system. It's all about money.

You know there's more to it than that. Houston has 12 wins. Who did you beat? Who did you lose to? When did you lose? How did you win/lose?

Money is why Michigan and Virginia Tech are going instead of Boise or Kansas State. It is not why MSU isn't going. Especially since it was the computers that held MSU back. The voters ranked them high enough. The computers pulled them down. Blame whoever put Youngstown State and Florida Atlantic on your schedule. Blame whatever stats the various computer models use. But arguments involving MSU have nothing to do with money. MSU is up there with Virginia Tech anyway. If Michigan stayed below 14 and MSU above it, money would have been the reason they got picked.

MichChamp02 said:
greenandwhite95 said:

look at it this way: if Drew Sharp and some of the spartoons didn't start whining and attacking Michigan when the BCS standings came out I WOULDN'T HAVE STARTED THIS THREAD IN THE FIRST PLACE!

I haven't rubbed it in..I just feel like I'm entitled to if I please. I will probably only do so if I hear a Sparty bitch about it.

Beez said:

To me, "the teams" means the players and coaches and is a phrase used to describe what you see on the field and the sideline. You see the team at home games and at away games. "The program" is the team and the facilities, the administration, and it even includes the level of fan support. Michigan's program has continued to outpace MSU's program even while the team was inferior.

MichChamp02 said:
[quote author=greenandwhite95 board=wolverines thread=3862 post=95049 time=1323118468]

You don't think your rubbing it in and you name this thread "DS and SPartan whiners" then proceed to rip Spartan fans up and down because we have a valid arguement and the state of College football believes us. OKAY. To be fair, MOST aren't saying much on here, but you seem to always want to take things to another level. You're just a Salty MotherFucker dude.[/quote

Well, what did you expect them to say? UM took the only other BCS bid for the conference away after MSU claimed the division title, had a better SOS, same amount of wins, heads up winner, etc. If you ask me, all I'm hearing on this board are a bunch of defensive remarks from UM fans after hearing sports fans around the nation question why UM got the Sugar bowl. I have read A LOT of excuses so far and NOONE are that convincing.

Like I said, I think UM had a great year and deserve a great bowl. Your just not going to convince me or any non UM fan that you deserve a BCS bowl over MSU. According to the BCS you are the higher ranked team thus deserve it. I would rather see you guys get it than WVU or VaTech who IMO don't deserve it. Bottom line, MSU was screwed, and YOU KNOW IT.

erg57 said:
MichChamp02 said:
Here's the coaches' poll: http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/story/2011-final-coaches-ballots/51647436/1

Don't call a punt rush when you need to get the ball back...

dantonio has gotten off easy on this to date. That was as JLS ish a coaching decision Ive seen since...JLS...or mornhinweg

He didn't call for a block, he is LYING to protect what his player did. Rarely do you see a return like Keyshawns on a blocked punt attempt. Bell was the only one that broke through. Tried to be a hero and became a goat.

greenandwhite95 said:
erg57 said:
dantonio has gotten off easy on this to date. That was as JLS ish a coaching decision Ive seen since...JLS...or mornhinweg

He didn't call for a block, he is LYING to protect what his player did. Rarely do you see a return like Keyshawns on a blocked punt attempt. Bell was the only one that broke through. Tried to be a hero and became a goat.

Defending mr. grinch eh?

greenandwhite95 said:
MichChamp02 said:
[quote author=greenandwhite95 board=wolverines thread=3862 post=95049 time=1323118468]

You don't think your rubbing it in and you name this thread "DS and SPartan whiners" then proceed to rip Spartan fans up and down because we have a valid arguement and the state of College football believes us. OKAY. To be fair, MOST aren't saying much on here, but you seem to always want to take things to another level. You're just a Salty MotherFucker dude.[/quote

Well, what did you expect them to say? UM took the only other BCS bid for the conference away after MSU claimed the division title, had a better SOS, same amount of wins, heads up winner, etc. If you ask me, all I'm hearing on this board are a bunch of defensive remarks from UM fans after hearing sports fans around the nation question why UM got the Sugar bowl. I have read A LOT of excuses so far and NOONE are that convincing.

Like I said, I think UM had a great year and deserve a great bowl. Your just not going to convince me or any non UM fan that you deserve a BCS bowl over MSU. According to the BCS you are the higher ranked team thus deserve it. I would rather see you guys get it than WVU or VaTech who IMO don't deserve it. Bottom line, MSU was screwed, and YOU KNOW IT.

Then you either have to argue that MSU belongs in the top 14 or Michigan doesn't because Michigan was eligible and MSU wasn't. Seems like Spartans want to say this is all about money and respect, but it isn't. When you're ranked 8 spots higher in the human polls than the computer polls, you have plenty of respect. ...and it isn't about money. If the roles were reversed, it would have been MSU vs Virginia Tech because the Spartans bring in more money than Boise or Kansas State. When it comes to football revenue, Michigan is #10, MSU is #17. MSU has plenty of money.

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]
greenandwhite95 said:

Defending mr. grinch eh?

Dantonio is a lying SOB and we all know it. Not that I'm proud of it or anything

Red and Guilty said:
greenandwhite95 said:

Then you either have to argue that MSU belongs in the top 14 or Michigan doesn't because Michigan was eligible and MSU wasn't. Seems like Spartans want to say this is all about money and respect, but it isn't. When you're ranked 8 spots higher in the human polls than the computer polls, you have plenty of respect. ...and it isn't about money. If the roles were reversed, it would have been MSU vs Virginia Tech because the Spartans bring in more money than Boise or Kansas State. When it comes to football revenue, Michigan is #10, MSU is #17. MSU has plenty of money.

I get what your saying, its just that under these circumtances, I have a bad taste in my mouth. I know we have respect, especially after the Wisky game. Lot's of UM fans have praised our efforts this season and in the championship game. It still doesn't make me feel better though.

greenandwhite95 said:
Red and Guilty said:

I get what your saying, its just that under these circumtances, I have a bad taste in my mouth. I know we have respect, especially after the Wisky game. Lot's of UM fans have praised our efforts this season and in the championship game. It still doesn't make me feel better though.

I can definitely see that. State is having a great run right now and they don't have as much to show for it as you'd expect. I just think it has pretty much nothing to do with Michigan having more money or getting more respect. It can be worse though. 72-74 Michigan went 30-2-1 and went to 0 bowl games.

Red and Guilty said:
greenandwhite95 said:

I can definitely see that. State is having a great run right now and they don't have as much to show for it as you'd expect. I just think it has pretty much nothing to do with Michigan having more money or getting more respect. It can be worse though. 72-74 Michigan went 30-2-1 and went to 0 bowl games.

Yeah, 30-2-1 and no bowl would suck. Different times I guess. Now we have like 70 bowl teams which is ridiculous.

Back