Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Drew Sharp and assorted Spartan whiners

Beez said:
Isn't Spartan whiners a little redundant?

lol

i do agree with them though that we shouldn't be rubbing it in. they've still got 4 years on us. NEXT YEAR when we kick their asses in the big house and win the legend's division and put a whooping on Ohio, then we'll rub it in like Icy Hot!

MichChamp02 said:
I just read his column, and some of the comments from other idiots like him.

Their problem is really with the BCS, yet they are so freaking stupid and blinded by their inferiority complex, they blame us, and take shots at us, as though we were the ones who kept them out of it. They dropped out of the BCS Top 16! They aren't even eligible to play in a BCS at-large game!

Pathetic losers.

They can complain about bad calls all they want, but we were the victims of those too. One cost us the Iowa game, and another almost cost us against Ohio.

Don't stroke out chumpy, just calm down and relax. Of course a lot of MSU fans are upset, why shouldn't we. If the tables were turned this board would be on fire, and you know it. Every MSU fan I know isn't blaming UM, the BCS is the Monster. This will continue until things are changed. No way WVU should be in and 2 teams from the ACC, and No way should a team like BSU get left out. It's just not fair.

Boise St, lmao. Maybe they should get into a real conference. Sure they could beat a BCS team but until they get though tougher competition on a weekly basis Boise St doesn't deserve jack.

greenandwhite95 said:
MichChamp02 said:
I just read his column, and some of the comments from other idiots like him.

Their problem is really with the BCS, yet they are so freaking stupid and blinded by their inferiority complex, they blame us, and take shots at us, as though we were the ones who kept them out of it. They dropped out of the BCS Top 16! They aren't even eligible to play in a BCS at-large game!

Pathetic losers.

They can complain about bad calls all they want, but we were the victims of those too. One cost us the Iowa game, and another almost cost us against Ohio.

Don't stroke out chumpy, just calm down and relax. Of course a lot of MSU fans are upset, why shouldn't we. If the tables were turned this board would be on fire, and you know it. Every MSU fan I know isn't blaming UM, the BCS is the Monster. This will continue until things are changed. No way WVU should be in and 2 teams from the ACC, and No way should a team like BSU get left out. It's just not fair.

Had MSU not stunk out South Bend or Lincoln, it would be in a BCS game, even with the UW loss.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Boise St, lmao. Maybe they should get into a real conference. Sure they could beat a BCS team but until they get though tougher competition on a weekly basis Boise St doesn't deserve jack.

They crushed Georgia, at Georgia. They do nothing but win and show up for big games. Remember when they beat Oklahoma in a BCS bowl, who woulda thunk that. Their only loss was to a ranked TCU team. They deserve a better bowl than the Maco bowl or whatever it is against a 6-6 ASU team. What a crock of shit.

smayschmouthfootball said:
greenandwhite95 said:

Had MSU not stunk out South Bend or Lincoln, it would be in a BCS game, even with the UW loss.

SO they had to have 11 or 12 wins, unlike the others who had 10 and got in. Yeah, that makes sense.

greenandwhite95 said:
[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Boise St, lmao. Maybe they should get into a real conference. Sure they could beat a BCS team but until they get though tougher competition on a weekly basis Boise St doesn't deserve jack.

They crushed Georgia, at Georgia. They do nothing but win and show up for big games. Remember when they beat Oklahoma in a BCS bowl, who woulda thunk that. Their only loss was to a ranked TCU team. They deserve a better bowl than the Maco bowl or whatever it is against a 6-6 ASU team. What a crock of shit.

I will never lament the exclusion of BSU from the main table. Let it join a major conference and play better programs week in and out.

greenandwhite95 said:

SO they had to have 11 or 12 wins, unlike the others who had 10 and got in. Yeah, that makes sense.

It's a statement. Do you disagree?

greenandwhite95 said:

it's all about bcs positioning. If you guys hadn't lost to Nebraska, you'd probably been ranked in the top 8 last week. Then you would have dropped to around 12 or 13 after that close loss to a good team and we might not have stayed in the top 14.

I think that's all he's saying.

greenandwhite95 said:
[color=#006400 said:

I think you missed what I was trying to say. Put them in the big 12, how do they do against Oklahoma St., Oklahoma, Baylor, Texas etc. Or the SEC. Or B1G. Its much harder to play these teams on a weekly basis that getting up for one big game before playing Nevada.

The opening two games against YSU and Florida International(?) were scrimmages and then to get blown out by noter dame in week 3. Win over Wisky at home on a questionable replay that suddenly ended the game rather than advance into overtime, loss to Nebraska, win over a down Ohio* team in a very boring game and win over MICHIGAN at home in a close game with odd elements of thuggary and rivalry that most outside the state and two fanbases don't really care about.

That's my BCS-guy breakdown of Sparty to arrive at where the team is currently ranked.

And I think Georgia is a tough draw and a likely 4th loss for the final record.

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]
Beez said:

lol

i do agree with them though that we shouldn't be rubbing it in. they've still got 4 years on us. NEXT YEAR when we kick their asses in the big house and win the legend's division and put a whooping on Ohio, then we'll rub it in like Icy Hot!

MSU is a better football team AND program RIGHT NOW and has been for the past 4-5 years. I have no arguements about that...BUUUT I'll still rub in our BCS birth.....bitches.

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]
Beez said:

lol

I don't think we're rubbing it in. They've been talking smack all season, (except for the 2 weeks after ND pounded them).

We've been more or less quietly minding our own business. Then they blew it in teh B1G championship, and immediately started crying and whining, and trashing our record, instead of accepting their fate.

I'm just echoing the sentiments of a lot of other Michigan fans:
<blockquote>"Hey we made a BCS game in Hoke's first season. Go Blue!

Eh... what's this? It made Sparty very upset? Wow, even better!"
</blockquote>

Beez said:
[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]

lol

MSU is a better football team AND program RIGHT NOW and has been for the past 4-5 years. I have no arguements about that...BUUUT I'll still rub in our BCS birth.....bitches.

Ok, well, I didn't see Beez post when I made mine.

I guess some Michigan fans are rubbing it in.

Well if MSU can talk about the past 4 years how about the last 40

MichChamp02 said:
[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]

lol

I don't think we're rubbing it in. They've been talking smack all season, (except for the 2 weeks after ND pounded them).

We've been more or less quietly minding our own business. Then they blew it in teh B1G championship, and immediately started crying and whining, and trashing our record, instead of accepting their fate.

</blockquote>

That's pretty much spot on. For me, anyway.

Beez said:
[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]

lol

Program? How does MSU have a better program?

Beez said:
[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]

lol

team? maybe...i think we would have beat them if we had played in the big house.

program? definitely not. Program, to me, implies recruiting, national recognition, brand name, respect, and also play on the field. So in all those respects (minus play on the field), Michigan still stands above them...though with RR, they caught up to us quite a bit.

MichChamp02 said:
[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]

lol

</blockquote>

well, we on this board aren't rubbing it in, but i know we are on just about every board i've checked out since last night. I like to think that this board is the smartest and most informed board, but i guess i'm a little bias.

Back