Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

FISA Abuse

I may be changing my mind on impeachment based on today's hearings - somehow the Democrats were able to find 3 university professors who testified that Trump's actions are grounds for removal. One? OK, but three? Dudes probably guilty.

The First Lady is a much better tweeter than her husband

First Lady Melania Trump came out swinging in defense of her 13-year-old son Barron Trump after a Democrat impeachment “witness” invoked his name to dig at President Trump during Wednesday’s congressional hearing.

“A minor child deserves privacy and should be kept out of politics. Pamela Karlan, you should be ashamed of your very angry and obviously biased public pandering, and using a child to do it,” Trump tweeted

In this Constitutional Banana Republic we live in that accepts all forms of depravity as “rights”, this impeachment thing is merely a power grab from the Depraved-o-Crats. The Republic-destroyers (Republicant’s) being a party of no virtue whatsoever, cannot effectively defend itself, for that very reason.

In this Constitutional Banana Republic we live in that accepts all forms of depravity as ?rights?, this impeachment thing is merely a power grab from the Depraved-o-Crats. The Republic-destroyers (Republicant?s) being a party of no virtue whatsoever, cannot effectively defend itself, for that very reason.

Screw both parties. Can't stand either one. The R party happened to be the vehicle by which Trump, a man suffering from giant ball syndrome, came to Washington. And he came, by the way, with the stated objective of draining the swamp. People hate him, people don't like his style, the establishment of both parties and the deep state want him destroyed. F 'em all. Trump is doing what the electoral college elected him to do.

Last edited:
Screw both parties. Can't stand either one. The R party happened to be the vehicle by which Trump, a man suffering from giant ball syndrome, came to Washington. And he came, by the way, with the stated objective of draining the swamp. People hate him, people don't like his style, the establishment of both parties and the deep state want him destroyed. F 'em all. Trump is doing what the electoral college elected him to do.

I agree with everything you said with the exception of what I bolded. Little bit of victim complex going on right there. The GOP establishment have embraced Trump, they do not want to see him destroyed.

There's a thing going on in D.C. right now that would give those establishment GOP a chance to destroy him. I'll donate $100 to the charity of your choice if even 5 GOP senators vote to impeach.

I agree with everything you said with the exception of what I bolded. Little bit of victim complex going on right there. The GOP establishment have embraced Trump, they do not want to see him destroyed.

There's a thing going on in D.C. right now that would give those establishment GOP a chance to destroy him. I'll donate $100 to the charity of your choice if even 5 GOP senators vote to impeach.

To the extent that the GOP establishment has embraced him, they were dragged. Ask Paul Ryan. If the GOP establishment was on board with Trump, the disrupter, from the get go, 2018 mid-term result would have been way different.

The First Lady is a much better tweeter than her husband

First Lady Melania Trump came out swinging in defense of her 13-year-old son Barron Trump after a Democrat impeachment ?witness? invoked his name to dig at President Trump during Wednesday?s congressional hearing.

?A minor child deserves privacy and should be kept out of politics. Pamela Karlan, you should be ashamed of your very angry and obviously biased public pandering, and using a child to do it,? Trump tweeted

You had me curious what would provoke Melania from coming out from the shadows so I went and checked out the quote.

?Contrary to what President Trump says, Article Two [of the Constitution] does not give him the power to do anything he wants,? Karlan said. ?And I?ll just give you one example that shows you the difference between him and a king, which is the Constitution says there can be no titles of nobility, so while the president can name his son Barron, he cannot make him a baron.?

That's it? That's the 'very angry' attack? Good grief.

When Barron gets shit on for using a fake ID at the bar (Bush girls) or gets shit on by the media for keeping a low profile in her first year at college (Chelsea), maybe I'll be a bit more sympathetic.

Karlan simply used a play on words. I make fun of super liberals and their safe spaces but hot damn this is right up there.

Last edited:
To the extent that the GOP establishment has embraced him, they were dragged. Ask Paul Ryan. If the GOP establishment was on board with Trump, the disrupter, from the get go, 2018 mid-term result would have been way different.

Regardless of how they got there, they're there. Maybe they wanted to destroy him in 2016. But it's 2019 and they are lined up ready to lick boots and kiss rings.

not to mention voting for such an obvious partisan farce would be political suicide for any Republican. it would be a wasted vote that accomplishes nothing other than ending their political career because its going nowhere in the Senate. Never Trumpers can see this just like anyone who is not a deranged leftist and above all else, like most politicians, self preservation is their top priority.

not to mention voting for such an obvious partisan farce would be political suicide for any Republican. it would be a wasted vote that accomplishes nothing other than ending their political career because its going nowhere in the Senate. Never Trumpers can see this just like anyone who is not a deranged leftist and above all else, like most politicians, self preservation is their top priority.

Yep. Now it's a matter of survival. Was going to edit my original reply to include that but decided to eat a turkey sandwich instead.

Yep. Now it's a matter of survival. Was going to edit my original reply to include that but decided to eat a turkey sandwich instead.

I can't think of any kind of post I'd rather make than eat a turkey sandwich. You chose wisely.

You had me curious what would provoke Melania from coming out from the shadows so I went and checked out the quote.

?Contrary to what President Trump says, Article Two [of the Constitution] does not give him the power to do anything he wants,? Karlan said. ?And I?ll just give you one example that shows you the difference between him and a king, which is the Constitution says there can be no titles of nobility, so while the president can name his son Barron, he cannot make him a baron.?

That's it? That's the 'very angry' attack? Good grief.

When Barron gets shit on for using a fake ID at the bar (Bush girls) or gets shit on by the media for keeping a low profile in her first year at college (Chelsea), maybe I'll be a bit more sympathetic.

Karlan simply used a play on words. I make fun of super liberals and their safe spaces but hot damn this is right up there.

The kid is only 13 her point was leave the children out of it! that used to go without saying and an unwritten rule. Karlen came off to me as just another TDS bitter angry bitch. God forbid Trump ruined her thanksgiving turkey. I watched the whole damn thing that day, all of her testimony. She was quite full of herself, thinks she's better than everyone else and has moral authority, seems to be a common trait with highly educated liberal snobs.

Last edited:
The kid is only 13 her point was leave the children out of it! that used to go without saying and an unwritten rule.

And my point, backed by examples, is that First Kids have never been off limits from all conversation. Barron isn't special. To expect him to be treated better than other president's children were is silly.

Kudos to Gaetz and others for seeing an opportunity to froth at the mouth and deflect attention. I've said on here all along that they are better politicians and it's not even close.

Speaking of FISA Abuse:
Before he became a stalwart defender of President Donald Trump, Nunes consistently fought any and all efforts to restrain the authority of the National Security Agency (NSA) to secretly, warrantlessly collect Americans' call records and metadata. He wasn't quiet about this support for domestic surveillance. When Rep. Justin Amash of Michigan (then a Republican, now an independent) tried to restrain the feds' ability to access American call records, Nunes didn't just vote against Amash's legislation; he attacked Amash loudly and publicly. In 2014, one of Amash's efforts prompted Nunes to call the congressman "Al Qaeda's best friend in the Congress." Nunes even donated $5,000 to Amash's primary opponent.

Now this surveillance apparatus that Nunes has long supported has happily provided his political opponents with information that could destroy his career. The House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence (which Nunes used to chair, and where he is now the ranking minority member) just published its impeachment report. It shows calls between Nunes and Rudy Giuliani in 2016, as Giuliani was making the media rounds arguing that Ukrainian officials colluded to help Hillary Clinton's presidential campaign. This information will most certainly be used to argue that Nunes is not just a defender of Trump but also an active participant in Giuliani's Ukrainian push.

Nunes isn't happy about that. Last night he tweeted a Washington Examiner piece in which Minority Whip Steve Scalise (R?La.) accuses Intelligence Committee Chair Adam Schiff (D?Calif.) of "spying" on Nunes and asks, "Are there other members of Congress that he is spying on, and what justification does he have? He needs to be held accountable and explain what he's doing, going after journalists, going after members of Congress, instead of doing his job."​

Your reminder that 99% of American politicians NEVER had a problem with government agencies' shitting all over the Constitution by conducting warrantless wiretapping... as long as it's not used against them personally.

I thought some couldn't wait for this report but haven't seen them post about it yet.

overall the report is s dud. the string along continues to Durham now. Everybody walks cept low level scapegoats and those that helped trump win.

Last edited:
Back