Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

FISA Abuse

Yeah funny.

What?s this about Jim Jordan covering up sexual assault? I haven?t come across anything about that; I don?t really know that much about Jim Jordan. I know he?s been pretty vocal supporter of Trump.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/referee-says-he-told-rep-jim-jordan-ohio-state-doctor-n1078476

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1016926

On multiple occasions he was told by people that the team doctor was sexually abusing his wrestlers and he did nothing. He is worse than Joe Pa because at least Joe told a higher up.

JWLCOSU Gave us the answer in January 2018, in post #3 of this thread. The FISA situation is worse than Watergate, and it isn?t even close.

It?s Watergate times 10.

Yep. And I also said in post 20 that I?d roll out of here if the story didn?t develop the way I said it would. I stand by that statement and yet here I am, still doing my best to help you boys out. And now comes the fun part.

Yeah funny.

What?s this about Jim Jordan covering up sexual assault? I haven?t come across anything about that; I don?t really know that much about Jim Jordan. I know he?s been pretty vocal supporter of Trump.

I could've sworn I started a thread on this, but can't find it.

there is, or maybe it settled, a class action lawsuit by former OSU athletes alleging Jordan - from his time as a wrestling coach at OSU - knew a team doctor was groping and sexually assaulting male athletes.

the doctor died before all this came out. it was kinda similar to the Larry Nasser scandal, except the victims were all male athletes. there were also other sordid allegations around the athletic dept showers there, and faculty members propositioning and visiting to ogle male athletes, with nobody stopping it

sorry, jscottwriter. didn't see your posts on the next page before I posted

He said that on September 9th when they knew about the whistleblower. I will believe all the evidence that showed he held up the aid for Ukraine to investigate the Bidens not what Trump said when he knew the whistleblower said there was a Quid Pro Quo. Plus Sondland earlier said that everyone was in on it and that there was a Quid Pro Quo.

PLUS Sondland spent $1mm of taxpayer money renovating his personal residences in Washington DC and Brussels, including $400k for a new kitchen, $100k for a living pond, $53k for a bathroom, $33k in handmade furniture and $100k for temporary relocation costs during construction. He got caught and then suddenly started singing about quid pro quo, which he admits under oath is based 100% on his own presumption - even the "everyone was in on it and there was a quid pro quo" - not A SINGLE Trump official told him they want the investigation in exchange for the aid, a fact that he readily admitted to under oath.

Suddenly, we don't hear a word about Sondland's possible crimes against the American taxpayers. Remember how long we heard about Nicki Haley's $80k drapes - even after it was found out that her Obama era predecessor actually ordered them.

You are free to believe all the evidence that showed he held up the aid for Ukraine to investigate the Bidens. Sadly for you, there is none - other than the presumption of a kleptocrat desperate to save his own hide.

Last edited:
Yeah funny.

it's what some uofm fans or leftists need to believe about anyone linked to OSU or the Republican party in any way. There was a team doctor at OSU who was fond of young men and he would use any excuse to touch their junk - apparently there was a running joke among wrestlers that if you went in there with something like a sore shoulder the doc would say, "ok, take your pants off and let's have a look."

When Jordan was a grad assistant or assistant coach there, some of the wrestlers joked about it and Jordan said something like he'd kick his ass if he ever tried that with him and then people who hate Republicans or OSU or both used that to accuse him of orchestrating or being part of a cover up conspiracy. It's the Saul Alinsky model - much easier to impugn someone's character than to debate substantive arguments.

Last edited:
Of course I read the rest of the post.

Even if all that turns out to be proven to be true-and even if it is true, I think it will be very hard to prove - they?re all going to say that they suspected Trump was colluding with a foreign power and they were investigating treason, and even if that story is bullshit, it?s going to be hard to prove beyond a reasonable doubt they didn?t really believe it, and viewed the surveillance as entirely justified- I know you?re going to make a boneheaded response to this that proves that you didn?t understand the meaning of what I just stated, but I?ll address that at the time you do-that having been said, Obama is no longer subject to needing to resign to avoid impeachment, removal and prosecution because Obama is termed out- he?s not the president anymore.

Given that how can this story being Watergate times anything?

What about the logic of this are you missing?

I think I?ve pointed this out before-there seems to be a paucity in the teaching of critical thinking at Thee Ohio state university.

Post #323 - not finished...

Agree, disagree, disparage, whatever, here is my reply.

Watergate was a bungled, ill-advised, illegal break-in and burglary attempt that was made a scandal as a result of the cover-up. Hence the phrase, "it's not the crime, it's the cover-up." As a result of the cover-up, Nixon lost support and was forced from office. And some went to prison.

The scandal of Spygate is not about the cover-up. It's about the crime. It's about unelected government bureaucrats conspiring to take a series of actions with the intent to first influence, and then overturn the result of an election. It's about those bureaucrats, in positions of power, deciding to hell with the will of the American people. That's dangerous.

I am totally uncool with the idea that rogue individuals in various government agencies, the FBI, the CIA, the NSA, took it upon themselves to game the system and to even think about thwarting the will of the electorate. That's what makes this bigger than Watergate. Way bigger. At least seven times bigger. It has zero to do with anything that may or may not happen to 0bama. You seem to be fixated on that.

Likewise, I am totally uncool with the role Hillary and the DNC played in terms of funding the trumped up dossier which was then used to get the FISA warrant which led to spying on the campaign and American citizens. In fact, that is where collusion with foreign agents took place (Steele among others) and that makes it bigger than anything Watergate has to offer.

With respect to your point that repercussions are unlikely because those I named will claim justification in going after Trump because they suspected treason was in play: How ironic in that whereas Trump, according to Mueller, did not collude with foreign agents, these folks certainly did. Does that mean they committed treason? Arguably yes. Nobody associated with Watergate committed anything close to treason.

Post #345 - not finished...

The Watergate break-in was also about unelected bureaucrats attempting to influence the outcome of an election.

There is no apples to apples comparison between the two that is quantifiable except for the outcomes.

The outcome of Spygate can never be more impactful than the outcome of Watergate was.

If you are going to use your own personal quantification that disregards outcomes, and base the quantification on your own feelings (like a snowflake libtard) I guess nobody is going to be right and nobody is going to be wrong.

I do think that, like liberals over the Mueller report, and back in the day over the Patrick Fitzgerald investigation into the Valerie Plame event, you and some other conservatives are going to wind up being disappointed by the fallout, or lack there of, of this.

Post # 346- hang on...

Yep. And I also said in post 20 that I?d roll out of here if the story didn?t develop the way I said it would. I stand by that statement and yet here I am, still doing my best to help you boys out. And now comes the fun part.

OK. So the above three posts from a while back are where, in my opinion you moved the goal post.

Instead of it being 10 times bigger in consequence or outcome, you claimed what was significant was the degree of egregiousness.

That is your opinion of what is significant.

OK. I think I made the same point back on post #108 post #111, and I?ll make it again here ? nobody can prove that your opinion is not your opinion.

So nobody will be able to quantifiably prove that you are wrong.

So I guess we?re just stuck with you.

Oh well.

Yeah funny.

OSU apparently had their own Jerry Sandusky type on the wrestling team. It's coming to light that it was reported multiple times to coaching staff, including Jim Jordan who was assistant coach at the time.

Don?t know about that but you will miss me if/when I?m gone.

I know, right?

That?s what I was going to say!

You?re the only person here whose feelings I never worry about hurting!

Last edited:
I know, right?

That?s what I was going to say!

You?re the only person here whose feelings I never worry about hurting!

Trust me, Hollywood, you never hurt my feelings. The only time I feel bad on this board is when I?ve written something that earns admonishment from Byco.

Trust me, Hollywood, you never hurt my feelings. The only time I feel bad on this board is when I?ve written something that earns admonishment from Byco.

I always feel bad about myself when I offend Byco. It's weird. I don't even say G** D*** on these boards anymore and it's strictly because of him.

Back