Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 12: Packers @ Lions *Thursday Night* Thread

65 yard Hail Mary TD due to an untimed down on a marginal face ask call.

I got called away when Detroit got that big first down on the other side of the 2-minute warning and come back to this? That's a Lions loss, true as can be.

Truth be told, Packers should have been down to the 15 yard line to kick a FG at the last second. Abrederis was mugged on that first down bomb.

Last edited:
That's on Caldwell. He is such a pussy when it comes to play calling it makes me sick to my stomach. I wish it was a way he could get fired and we keep our coordinators.

Wouldn't blitzing Rodgers and making them basically repeat their last play make more sense? I'll never understand allowing a qb to air it out like that with no time left. Trust your defense to make a tackle after the qb is forced to get the ball out quickly, or better yet, sack him.

The good news is i don't like cooters offense anymore. ...so you guys don't have to hear me be all positive all the time anymore.

This play required a .gif too high quality to be embedded.

http://gfycat.com/FamousHugeBrownbutterfly

Also, I'm pretty sure Rodgers pulled his own chin strap up when he was on the ground but that's probably just the nutty conspiracy theorist talking.

Last edited:
The good news is i don't like cooters offense anymore. ...so you guys don't have to hear me be all positive all the time anymore.

Yep. More of the same, full throttle for a few drives, then tone it down to allow the opposing team to stay in the game.

Yep. More of the same, full throttle for a few drives, then tone it down to allow the opposing team to stay in the game.

In Cooter's defense, I can remember 2 deep balls to Calvin that were perfect play calls that were slightly overthrown.

That is high quality. Maybe he got him with his thumb?

His thumb definitely 'bumped' the face mask. But Rodgers was the recipient of a lateral pass. He is no longer under 'QB protection', he's a runner. If they called that 15 yard penalty every time a running back got his face mask bumped, the league wouldn't last a season.

His thumb definitely 'bumped' the face mask. But Rodgers was the recipient of a lateral pass. He is no longer under 'QB protection', he's a runner. If they called that 15 yard penalty every time a running back got his face mask bumped, the league wouldn't last a season.

Gotcha.

Caldwell is a dumbshit .... his defense was gassed after the lateral play... may as well call time out to talk about it.. I mean heck it's not like the play is going to be change. I would do talked a tired offense over a tired defense every time..

Damm it lions fans just don't deserve this shit.

Last edited:
Caldwell is a dumbshit .... his defense was gassed after the lateral play... may as well call time out to talk about it.. I mean heck it's not like the play is going to be change. I would do talked a tired offense over a tired defense every time..

Damm it lions fans just don't deserve this shit.

Good point Bob.

Read that Rodger's (the TE), his Dad was part of the Cal-Stanford game way back when. Rodgers SR. had one of the lateral's.

Did anybody else notice that Taylor was held around the waist from Baktiari after he was beaten badly on the rush on the hail mary? Offensive penalty would've ended the game right then.

Did anybody else notice that Taylor was held around the waist from Baktiari after he was beaten badly on the rush on the hail mary? Offensive penalty would've ended the game right then.

I couldn't tell when I saw a replay in fast motion.

In addition to that, there was crazy holding in the end zone. I was making a couple .gifs of the last two plays but after watching 20+ replays I got nauseous and said "Fuck this shit".

Back