Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game #162 Chicago @ Detroit, Sunday, September 29th, 2024

biggunsbob

Manager A.J Hinch on Kenta Maeda starting the final game of the regular season.

The Tigers have announced the following roster move:*RHP Shelby Miller cleared outright waivers and has been placed on unconditional release waivers.

The average MLB team has had 58 quality starts this year.The Seattle Mariners have had 92 quality starts.

The Detroit Tigers have the 9th best WPA & 11th best RE24 among team pitchers for their final 42 games in MLB history(not including 09/28 & 09/29)11/16 teams that exceeded these numbers won the Pennant(68.75%), and for every team in this list that missed the postseason there was an equal number of World Series Champs. From this list only the 2021 Dodgers failed to make the Division Series.
These stats help tell the story of the Tigers incredible run. They are not sustainable long term, but teams with similar numbers have often continued their success into post-season.

Braves beat Royals, which keeps Tigers a game ahead of KC entering final day of regular season. If Tigers beat White Sox or KC loses Sunday, Tigers go to Baltimore for Wild Card series. If Tigers lose and KC wins, Tigers go to Houston.

The Tigers organization mourns the passing of Ozzie Virgil Sr. MLB’s first Dominican-born player, Virgil spent three of his nine Major League seasons with Detroit. He was honored for his contributions to the game of baseball during ¡Fiesta Tigres! weekend in 2008. Our thoughts and prayers are with Ozzie’s friends and family during this time.

Maeda still sucks. Eat the contract and remove him from the roster please. Do not want to see this trash next year.

Asking playoff-bound Detroit Tigers: How did you do it, and how far can you go?
Freep

Detroit Tigers playoff schedule: Dates, times, TV channel in MLB postseason 2024.
Freep

Here’s everything at stake today (and maybe tomorrow).
MLB.com

I wish they'd duct tape him to seat on a Greyhound bus and send him back to Minnesota.
He has done a decent job as a middle reliever. As long as that is the case, let’s keep him there. Just not in the next series, or perhaps as a starter again.

Tigers trying to claw back despite Maeda shitting the bed again.
Some guy called 97.1 the ticket and actually said the secret to the tigers pitching success was have a veteran like Maeda to teach the 'yutes....I thought at first that I'd like a bag of what that clown was smoking...then I realized it was...shit.

So playoff Starters

Skubal
Olson
Rain out
Rain out
Skubal

Back