Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 2 WC Detroit Tigers @ Houston Astros Oct. 2nd, 2024 11:32 a.m. MST

the-tigers-26-man-wc-roster-is-worth-less-than-josh-hader-v0-5vegskkoefsd1.jpg

2024 Detroit Tigers highest-paid players:
Javy Baez: $25M (season-ending injury.)
Kenta Maeda: $14M (left off playoff roster).
Jack Flaherty: $9.3M (traded).
Miguel Cabrera: $8.0M (retired).
Mark Canha: $7.7M (traded.)
Shelby Miller: $3.1M (released).
Andrew Chafin: $2.88M (traded).

Jackson Jobe’s outing, it was a positive for the Tigers going forward. After the HBP, he did nothing but induce weak contact. Many young pitchers would have lost their composure, and Jobe did not. Hinch can now have faith in him as the postseason progresses.

Alan Trammell celebrates with the team.

Amazing two games !
Thanks Mitch all started with your kind words for my wife !

Appreciate it. I yelled when Al had his bases clearing hit and woke her up .She yelled at me lol. Werid how pain pills just don’t affect her. Sleeping is an issue. She was having issues sleeping, but That hit woke her up. Oh well I said I was sorry. Amazing at Bat !
What a game ! It’s 1 am and I’m still on cloud 9. Quietly !

Last edited:
Amazing two games !
Thanks Mitch all started with your kind words for my wife !

Appreciate it. I yelled when Al had his bases clearing hit and woke her up .She yelled at me lol. Werid how pain pills just don’t effect her. Sleeping is a issue. She was.
Then. But That hit woke her up. Oh well I said I was sorry. Amazing at Bat !
What a game ! It’s 1 am and I’m still on cloud 9. Quietly !
That’s awesome. Shh.

2024 Detroit Tigers highest-paid players:
Javy Baez: $25M (season-ending injury.)
Kenta Maeda: $14M (left off playoff roster).
Jack Flaherty: $9.3M (traded).
Miguel Cabrera: $8.0M (retired).
Mark Canha: $7.7M (traded.)
Shelby Miller: $3.1M (released).
Andrew Chafin: $2.88M (traded).

Jackson Jobe’s outing, it was a positive for the Tigers going forward. After the HBP, he did nothing but induce weak contact. Many young pitchers would have lost their composure, and Jobe did not. Hinch can now have faith in him as the postseason progresses.

Alan Trammell celebrates with the team.

In the grand scheme of things, it probably worked out perfectly that Jobe got to pitch in a high pressure, playoff atmosphere, and the Tigers won. Jobe got some playoff experience, and he got to do it with the young guys that he will hopefully join next season.

What a game, and what a run they have been on. House money!

In the grand scheme of things, it probably worked out perfectly that Jobe got to pitch in a high pressure, playoff atmosphere, and the Tigers won. Jobe got some playoff experience, and he got to do it with the young guys that he will hopefully join next season.

What a game, and what a run they have been on. House money!

This, and in fairness to Jobe its not like he was getting barrelled.

In a five game series we may see Montero or Maeda instead of him though.

Back