Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 3: Falcons @ Lions Thread

We've been screwed over so much in past that this just feels like an average Sunday. Thanks NFL

We've been screwed over so much in past that this just feels like an average Sunday. Thanks NFL

Its why I never thought they would over turn. But we are the lions the nfl always fucks us that never seems to change .

Last edited:
I agree he was down.
What im saying is by the refs missing the call and calling it a TD that prevents the Lions from running a hurry up play if they would of just called him down live.

Thats correct...the refs did cost the lions a chance to run another play. Stupid rule...that will probably get changed now the the lions exploited it lol.

Fuck New England finds a way to win and the nfl fucks us again.

Fucking take a ak-47 and blow my body apart.

Watch it again .. ATL defenders hand are coming off as he is catching the ball.
Other 2 guys are not near to touching him.

Thats the very definition of being touched. He'd have to restablish himself and then fall without being touched.

Strahan just said it best...with 3 turnovers we should have been up the entire game....not just tryin got go ahead with 8 seconds left.

That LB completes his block on Slays 2nd INT and we take the lead. Simple footbal. Block a guys 160 lbs soaking wet...and we couldnt do it.

i get it....but he was hit to the ground.....thats down by contact.

No.. not what im saying.

Again in slow motion tate has not caught the ball until ATL defenders hands come off him. So no one is touching him. If that is the case he can flop, roll craw , slither into the end zone all he wants ..

No.. not what im saying.

Again in slow motion tate has not caught the ball until ATL defenders hands come off him. So no one is touching him. If that is the case he can flop, roll craw , slither into the end zone all he wants ..

Not sure why I can't post directly in here But he was touched for sure with the ball.

https://imgur.com/a/FBFJS

Last edited:
The automatic run-off bothers me more than whether the catch was a TD or not. Had that not been called a TD on the field, the Lions could've gotten another play off. The initial TD call screwed us over.

When will any national annoucers from any channel stick up for the lions and not the other team? It gets so old. There is no way that should have been over turned, and it's not even close .

Last edited:
I think what he's saying is you can't be down by contact if the contact occurs before you have possession of the ball, which is what it looked like to me.

Ya thats a tough call and what i was trying to see as well....wasnt very clear. But its definitely not how the ref saw it. If im the ref with all that going on....you probably go with the call on the field unless he saw something conclusive that no one else in the world saw.

Let me be clear....i do think we got screwed. Mainly because we didnt get a clear explanation of why they reversed the call. To your point if you get down by contact prior to catching the ball....then you should be able to continue fighting for yardage after you complete the catch.

When will any national annoucers from any channel stick up for the lions and not the other team? It gets so old. There is no way that should have been over turned, and it's not even close .

Referees and the media all hate the City of Detroit and the University of Michigan.

It's a conspiracy.

Nobody else's sports teams ever get fucked ever.

No.. not what im saying.

Trying again. He was touched down with the ball.

167p1lf.jpg

Last edited:
Back